Post by Gallus Faberge »

I watched the first episode today. Well... huh... trash anime at its finest, xD
I ain't watching further.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: Garo -VANISHING LINE- Announced

Post by Dragonfan »

Gallus Faberge wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:08 am I watched the first episode today. Well... huh... trash anime at its finest, xD
Wow, probably the only negative opinion I've seen so far.

I really liked it. Very different vibe, with a totally new main character like any other Garo before.

The action was great but, and this is my only issue so far, the camera movements ruins the action sometimes.

But despite that, a definitely strong first episode.
Gallus Faberge
7X

Post by Gallus Faberge »

Dragonfan wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:27 am
Gallus Faberge wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:08 am I watched the first episode today. Well... huh... trash anime at its finest, xD

I really liked it. Very different vibe, with a totally new main character like any other Garo before.

The action was great but, and this is my only issue so far, the camera movements ruins the action sometimes.

Seriously? The episode was 20 minutes action, boob jiggling, sexist pig, and then 2 minutes plot.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

Gallus Faberge wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:24 am
Dragonfan wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:27 am

Seriously? The episode was 20 minutes action, boob jiggling, sexist pig, and then 2 minutes plot.
No, it wasn't. Even if it was, that wouldn't be intrinsically bad, there would be no problem if the execution was good. Some really good Garo episodes are mostly action. And I saw no sexist :S.
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

I watched first episode today and I definitely liked it. MC is definitely a different character by so far from any Garo at this point and that is a good thing imho. Making bike a substitution for horse also works for me. As a first episode it was decent but I will give it up to 5th episode before making a final judgement.
Gallus Faberge
7X

Post by Gallus Faberge »

Dragonfan wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:21 pm
Gallus Faberge wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:24 am

No, it wasn't. Even if it was, that wouldn't be intrinsically bad, there would be no problem if the execution was good. Some really good Garo episodes are mostly action. And I saw no sexist :S.
Yes it was ;)
But most of the action was boring and all over the place.

The main character was introduced as a dumb boob perv who can defeat horrors with his fists. Did he buy the services of a prostitute? I could not tell. Zaruba is afraid of girl cooties it seems as well, apparently make-up has a clear smell (was that a translation error?). This is definitely a teen boy show. Okay i'm gonna stop ranting now and go away.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Garo -VANISHING LINE- 01 spoiler thread

Post by DaVinci030 »

Alt title: Sword appears

I'm not pretty much fan of a modern Garo or something but I hope Sword doesn't rip off Cloud from Final Fantasy VII Advent Children.

Edit: Did someone say on FB he's an official Kamen Rider?! xD

Edit 2: I've moved some of your posts to this since you're talking about this week's episode. Also, ratings added.

TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: Garo -VANISHING LINE- 01 spoiler thread

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Alright starter episode.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

For a guy named Sword, he doesn't really fight with a sword but more like a brawler. The previous Garos were always swordsmen but I think Sword's brawler style is a nice change of pace. I love how Zaruba is the ignition key for Sword's motorcycle and love the transformation into Garo. I'm hoping that this will be a better series than Crimson Moon.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The only fault I have with it is that Sword is kind of a shit name for our hero.

Everything else is really nice. Definitely better than the previous anime series and the start is stronger than the first episode of the first series.

Return to “Garo Anime”