Poll: Who's excited for Lupin VS Pat

Training up a future generation of criminals
Forum rules
LupinRanger VS PatRanger Wiki Link

< KyuuRanger | LupinRanger VS PatRanger | Ryusoulger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Excitement level

Poll ended at Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:45 pm

As passionate for the show as I am for justice
21%
Hopeful
57%
No expectations
9%
Has reservations
9%
I don't need to watch it, I already know it's going to be bad
5%

Total votes: 58
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Poll: Who's excited for Lupin VS Pat

Post by takenoko »

Starts in two days! You have three days to vote!
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Re: Poll: Who's excited for Lupin VS Pat

Post by kangchan »

The concept is too far with traditional Sentai concept, it is Sentai not Kamen Rider, we don't need two team to versus and each team have intentions. Although Hurricanger happened before, but the main team still is Hurricanger. Last year is 9 people, this year is 2 team rivals.

I will watch few episodes with low expectation because it is Koumura Junko's work and Chief Producer is Sasaki Motoi (Kyuranger, Ex-Aid, Build).
MagusKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: The whole world is insane, we just have to be sane enough to accept it

Post by MagusKaiser »

I find the concept a little interesting but I'll wait till the mid point to formulate an opinion and ofcourse till the end to pass judgement
Dax
Infinity
Favorite series: Gokai / Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Shinken / Kabuto
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Avatar by me.

Post by Dax »

Really mixed feeling. Excited because, well it's new and it's different. But I have reservations because I'm not sure how well it's gonna work.
Completed
Sentai: From Deka to Ryusoulger
Kamen Rider: From Ryuki to Zi-O
Other: GARO, Cutie Honey, Sh15uya, Tokusatsu GaGaGa
Makai_Knight
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Maskman
Dreamy: Mele, Moune, Sela

Post by Makai_Knight »

I am very excited because it will be a very different Super Sentai. Kyuranger was an experiment, and now Toei is experimenting again. But I think that is not bad. This is the 42th season. They kept using the same formula for nearly 40 years with few exceptions. They have to test something new to keep Sentai interesting. Testing new concepts is risky, but I'm optimistic for Lupin vs Pat.
rc9000000
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by rc9000000 »

Makai_Knight wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:18 pm I am very excited because it will be a very different Super Sentai. Kyuranger was an experiment, and now Toei is experimenting again. But I think that is not bad. This is the 42th season. They kept using the same formula for nearly 40 years with few exceptions. They have to test something new to keep Sentai interesting. Testing new concepts is risky, but I'm optimistic for Lupin vs Pat.
This is exactly how i feel i'm loving the shaking up the formula of 3 to 5 Heros fighting an evil organization of monsters for 40+ episodes. I remember my fear with KyuuRanger was that with that many rangers only the Red was going to get any character development and i was surprised at how well the characters were handled. With what i've seen this season has potential to be very interesting i just hope that the VS aspect stays the whole season and doesn't disappear around episode 15 or 20
Des_Shinta
Favorite series: OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Kuuga
Dreamy: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Actor?: Steve Blum
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Des_Shinta »

I'm a Fan of Lupin III (Even saw/reviewed the live-action movies, Shirogane and Sawada were wasted) and enjoyed the original Maurice Leblanc novels, got some amusement out of Zoruku Tojo in Drive, hoping this does well because of that, as pulling off a heist and in turn stopping one while catching the perp red-handed takes people being smart and clever, you can't handwave/godmod/special power through that stuff as, like we've had as an issue for a while--it cheapens the story your telling to do that. In addition, I think what did help sell those series was the moral ambiguity and the back-and-forth between characters, so it's really going to depend on them not Glorifying a single team or character over the others...which has been a problem sentai has been having for many years now across the board.
Though with how unforgivably awful I found Kyuuranger despite being a huge Sci-fi and space series nerd which predates even my involvement with Toku stuff so I saw where the exact point each story it did screwed up was, there's always room to end up disappointed.
starofjustice
Crossing a Millennium
Favorite series: Agito
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger

Post by starofjustice »

I'm really curious about how the premise will be used. We haven't really see them do this kind of thing with the formula before, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out. Mainly I feel like Sentai has been stagnating the last few years, and something that shakes up things as much as this has the potential to has me interested to see how it's used. Plus, yeah, fan of the Lupin lore, anime and original. Persona 5 was one of my favorite games of the last year.
Farr
7X
Favorite series: Blade / Deka
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim~W / Shinken
Dreamy: Umeko / Hana
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Farr »

Well I just hope for something enjoyable at least, no high expectation on my End since I quit on the last 3? Sentai's after 30ish and 7 for Kyuu.

Would be nice to see that Sentai getting a somewhat decent Season again, but if not Build is still going solid so we have that~
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

I like the concept not just sentai vs sentai one but also thief vs cop one especially phantom thief theme was on the rise on anime front last couple of years although it is somewhat stoped right now it is one of more interesting themes imho.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

No for now.

If the writers can juggle and give good coverage on the narrative and character development of both sides like Gekiranger, I'll watch.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Kamen Rider Gumo
Faiz
Favorite series: Zyuranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Reiko Chiba
Favorite Actor?: Takaiwa Seiji
Favorite Band: Twisted Sister
My boom: DragonBall Z
Quote: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence..."
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Gumo »

I'm really looking forward to this - because I have to in order to keep myself into the franchise. Kyuuranger was just handled badly - too many characters and they didn't develop any of them nearly well enough. (Catch phrases and single-episode backstory fragments are NOT character development.) Six heroes is a much more manageable number, as Sentai has proven in the past. But the last few years have had extremely mixed results. I wasn't fond of Go-Busters overall, and Toqger almost made me quit the franchise entirely (having well-written, multi-faceted and interesting villains saved the show, in my opinion, since the heroes weren't worth the paper their lines were written on), to say nothing of how horrendously irritating everyone in Jyuohger was. Lupinranger vs. Patoranger HAS to knock it out of the park for me; if it doesn't, I might just leave Sentai behind altogether because I'm tired of being disappointed by half-assed characters and lackluster writing.
Uzur9
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaimu
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokai
Favorite Band: J-rock/pop + Dubstep
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Uzur9 »

Even though I'll be putting this show & Build on hold for the time I am still looking forward to seeing what happens.
Kamen Rider left to finish:
Reiwa: Geats, Gotchard

Super Sentai left to finish:
Shōwa: Denjiman, Goggle V, Dynaman, Changeman

Heisei: Complete.

Reiwa: Zenkaiger, High School Heroes, Donbrothers & King-Ohger
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I’m jaded. Hopefully it turns out to be enjoyable. I’ll still watch regardless.
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

I'm hopeful that it will at least be fun to watch.
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.

Return to “Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger”