Lupin VS Pat 01 Released!

Training up a future generation of criminals
Forum rules
LupinRanger VS PatRanger Wiki Link

< KyuuRanger | LupinRanger VS PatRanger | Ryusoulger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:50 am

☆☆☆☆☆
60%
☆☆☆☆
31%
☆☆☆
4%
☆☆
4%
No votes

Total votes: 45
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Lupin VS Pat 01 Released!

Post by takenoko »

No worries about necroing threads. I see all the new posts so it's no big deal.

>Meanwhile, the PatRangers' boss is a black guy?!?!?!

If he transforms, please have the sense to not call him the black ranger.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:25 pm No worries about necroing threads. I see all the new posts so it's no big deal.

Me or Toei?
ryujin
Gabu
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Zero
Dreamy: Matsuyama Mary
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: PS4
Quote: R/B is just ORB without the O and Tiga is just Taiga without the A ... tabun :P
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by ryujin »

Shadow, Dark, Obsidian, Onyx or Raven, those are just the Black synonyms that would sound cool, but nonetheless, having a black dude transforming and thinking of which color he transforms is a minefield of an issue lol!, in the Power Rangers movie, the black dude is blue yet blue here is already taken, and i don't think white ranger is even on the cards
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

ryujin wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:38 pm Shadow, Dark, Obsidian, Onyx or Raven, those are just the Black synonyms that would sound cool, but nonetheless, having a black dude transforming and thinking of which color he transforms is a minefield of an issue lol!, in the Power Rangers movie, the black dude is blue yet blue here is already taken, and i don't think white ranger is even on the cards
Clearly he'll be the purple ranger. :P Purple seems to be the color for old guys in Sentai these days.
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

kangchan wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:25 pm Just wait until episode 20+, because Zyuohger had a good start and became boring from episode 20+ until the end. The problem of these "new" writers of Sentai is they try to make series excited at the beginning and more and more boring in the end (Ninninger, Zyuohger, Kyuranger).
Totally right. But Zyuohger also started with a red that's wild. Whereas here, red is tone down. So hopefully that's a healthy sign as we move forward. But you're right, we'll see.

@takenoko - Pat red is annoying, but he's not super wild is what I meant. I posted and ran off too quickly before properly adjusting my words.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

So, for people worried that Lupins will steal the show and the pats will just be foil for them. My prediction is the exact opposite: as the series progresses and they develop, the pats will ultimately be the characters the series focuses the most.
ViRGE wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:47 pm
This is probably an artifact of being the first episode, but PatRed and LupinRed both seem to be turned up in opposite directions.
It's actually one of the core theme of the series. the two teams are intentionally made to be the exact opposite of the other. look closely to how the character dynamic among the teams is presented. or how they dress. For example, Green is presented as kinda a goofball while Blue (no, I am not using their actual names. sue me) is presented as the mature of the team. Likewise, we see yellow is a Ditz while the first thing we see of Pink is her dismantling and cleaning her gun (which usually means discipline and that she takes her job seriously). the park scene was simply the means for the writer to make this point more clear.
Another difference is that the Lupins have been working together for a while while the pats (as dialogue seems to imply) only began working together relatively recently. I am sure next episode, in which we'll probably focus on the Pats, there will be more contrasts. My prediction is that Pat-Red will be trapped in the same situation as Lupin-Red, but he will handle the situation compeltely different.
ryujin
Gabu
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Zero
Dreamy: Matsuyama Mary
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: PS4
Quote: R/B is just ORB without the O and Tiga is just Taiga without the A ... tabun :P
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by ryujin »

Based on previous posts about this series going stale about episode 20 onwards or maybe even earlier (hopefully not), i think if the rumored 3rd team is true then a major shake up may be inevitable which may add more hype to the series when the two teams are on the same page, my concern is, will this series go as far as change the title again by making it LupinRangers vs PatRangers vs 3rd Team?, cause that'll be a long ass title lol!
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

ryujin wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:32 pm Based on previous posts about this series going stale about episode 20 onwards or maybe even earlier (hopefully not), i think if the rumored 3rd team is true then a major shake up may be inevitable which may add more hype to the series when the two teams are on the same page, my concern is, will this series go as far as change the title again by making it LupinRangers vs PatRangers vs 3rd Team?, cause that'll be a long ass title lol!
I believe if that happens, we would be able to hear Lunagel's scream of anger from across the globe, so I hope so.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

locuas wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:34 pm
I believe if that happens, we would be able to hear Lunagel's scream of anger from across the globe, so I hope so.
Probably not anger but doubtless screams of "JESUS CHRIST WHYYYYYYYYYYYY"
Strykor
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Wizard
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkengers
Favorite Band: The Beatles
Quote: Ever have one of those flashbacks...

Post by Strykor »

Looked up an image for the new grunts. The whole time I was looking at it, I kept thinking "Oh, joy. French Putties."
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The 3rd Team is actually the OPRangers, a branch of Deputy OPs in a higher branch of the global police. They antagonise the PatRangers using bureaucracy in order to slow down their case against the Ganglar's as they want to build a case against the global government that is taking bribe money from the Ganglar's to embezzle it in waterfront condos.

Episode 27 is going to involve Patren 1gou writing a title 3 for a wiretap power up while Lupin Blue sticks up a stash house and steals the Lupin collection stored there.

It's like the Sentai version of The Wire.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

ViRGE wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:34 pm
takenoko wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:25 pm No worries about necroing threads. I see all the new posts so it's no big deal.

Me or Toei?
Oh definitely Toei. Japan is such a cute, slightly racist grandpa about cultural insensitivity.
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

Hmm, so when Kairi told Keiichiro that it'll miss, is it because the cube from the Lupin collection is with him, and he willed the newspaper to miss?

Awesome camerawork in this episode, but I have to admit I really got dizzy in the latter shots with the view spinning in and out in fisheye.

On the subbing, a small complaint from me is subbing the Patranger's names as PatRan (#)gou. For the sake of consistency isn't PatRen or Patren (#)gou better? For example, the first mecha last season was written as KyuuRenOh not KyuuRanOh.
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
iori93
Favorite series: Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Quote: saa omae tsumi wo kazoero!

Post by iori93 »

This episode is so satisfying I rewatch it about 3 times. Like kyuuranger before, im excited because it feature 9 rangers from the start, however the first episode is not very interesting with annoying yosha lucky and the series start to decline. However with lupin vs pat, im also excited as it is the first sentai series to have two teams, but everything in the first episode is well managed. The plot, the characters are very interesting it makes you want to know more. The soundtrack is very refreshing, they use jazz music unlike previous sentai. Basically for now I give 5 stars
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

njb wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:35 amOn the subbing, a small complaint from me is subbing the Patranger's names as PatRan (#)gou. For the sake of consistency isn't PatRen or Patren (#)gou better? For example, the first mecha last season was written as KyuuRenOh not KyuuRanOh.
Oh, I'm just used to seeing the mecha names spelled with kanji, I didn't even think of KyuuRenOh as being based on KyuuRanger + Oh. I feel like it's more confusing to have it be PatRen since in this case, the name is more obviously an abbreviation of PatRanger? I also think combining number and letters is kind of ugly, so PatRan 1 or PatRan Ichigou looks better to me.

Return to “Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger”