Lupin VS Pat 01 Released!

Training up a future generation of criminals
Forum rules
LupinRanger VS PatRanger Wiki Link

< KyuuRanger | LupinRanger VS PatRanger | Ryusoulger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:50 am

☆☆☆☆☆
60%
☆☆☆☆
31%
☆☆☆
4%
☆☆
4%
No votes

Total votes: 45
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Lupin VS Pat 01 Released!

Post by Lunagel »

locuas wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:52 pm Kuuga had Jean Michel Sorrel. I don't recall how much screentime he had, but he had an arc in which he tried to help one of the scientists studying the Grongi because as the series progressed she would not stop working and would barely spend any time with her son because she believed finding the way to stop the grongi was more important (not an unreasonable position considering the sheer number of people the Grongi killed).
I also believe Daimonji's actor in Fourze is half-caucasian.
Oh I forgot about Kuuga. He wasn't hugely major though, just a few episodes.

Daimonji's actor is half Australian but honestly I don't count the half-whatever actors because usually they're raised in Japan so for all intents and purposes they're Japanese, and they should really be counted in their own category, not pushed in with the foreign actors.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

Lunagel wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:10 pm

Oh I forgot about Kuuga. He wasn't hugely major though, just a few episodes.

Daimonji's actor is half Australian but honestly I don't count the half-whatever actors because usually they're raised in Japan so for all intents and purposes they're Japanese, and they should really be counted in their own category, not pushed in with the foreign actors.
Well, I mention it because I think it still out of the norm when it comes to casting, so i think it's relevant to the topic at hand.
As a fun side-note (but probably not that important) I believe Baldwin was born and raised in Japan as well, though I don't know if he identifies as japanese.
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

locuas wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:20 pm As a fun side-note (but probably not that important) I believe Baldwin was born and raised in Japan as well, though I don't know if he identifies as japanese.
He was born in Japan but went to school in Canada and doesn't have Japanese citizenship. I doubt he thinks of himself as Japanese.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

Vice actually did a mini documentary on the actor who plays Hilltop last year. Called him one of the rising stars in Japan. It's interesting.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

A link to aformentioned video about the actor that plays Hilltop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuEQtn2nm9A
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Catastrophe wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:33 pm A link to aformentioned video about the actor that plays Hilltop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuEQtn2nm9A
Neat! Thanks.

It sounds like this guy already has a day job then. Which makes me think we won't be seeing too much of him. (And we'll know after we see the OP for the first time whether he's credited as main or recurring)
Atragon
Favorite series: Blade/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Magiranger

Post by Atragon »

That was just fine episode from beginning to the end. I've got good feeling about this. I would like to see Hilltop as a ranger :lol: Just like Dekamaster. Can't wait for ep 2 :)
Finished series:

KR: V3, Amazon, Black - Zero-One (25 of 30)
Sentai: Sunvulcan, Maskman-Liveman, Jetman-Dairanger, Carranger, Gingaman, Gaoranger to Kiramager. (28 of 44)

Currently watching: Saber, Zenkaiger
Rashef
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: W, Akibaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Akibaranger season 2
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: Monkey Island

Post by Rashef »

A decent introducion to the series. Based on initial setup PatRan 1 and LupinYellow are going to be my faves.

Though, deep down, I can't stop chuckling at the prospect of having a VS. Movie (are they still a thing?) with just the current Team/s. ;)
My Copyright Infringing folder with random assortment of ripped Kamen Rider SFX is found right... HERE.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

had a feel to it similar to go-busters EP1

ALSO glad they defeated a monster WITHOUT "GIANT ROBO FORMATION GO!" i really liked the older sentai series that held off on the giant robot battles and showcased the individual traits of the members.

em ... whats this?! villians with a clear and defined goal and the main boss explains it right from the start? and its explained what his goals are and they arent some after thought?! gasp!

really diggig the top hat themed costumes for LupinRanger, as its NOT ovbiously top hat based. nothing will redeem the Patranger costumes.
SwordKing
7X

Post by SwordKing »

I only counted about 20 or so monsters at the villain's birthday party. What's going to happen to the series when those are all gone?
In the criminal justice system, the people are represented by two seperate, yet equally important groups: The police, who investigate crimes, and the giant robots, who do battle with the bad guys' giant robots. These are their stories.
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

By the way, there's really no ED? Forgot to ask.

I wonder if it's just for the first ep or they'll really ditch that. No more dancing, eh?
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
ryujin
Gabu
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Zero
Dreamy: Matsuyama Mary
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: PS4
Quote: R/B is just ORB without the O and Tiga is just Taiga without the A ... tabun :P
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by ryujin »

^ I guess they had to squeeze all the time they need to edit a good 1st episode, i'm betting the first episode is longer than the final cut so they ditched the theme songs altogether to make way for the extra footage, hell even the PatRangers henshin was rushed imo cause they didn't bother using stock footage for them

So for the longest time, i've been pronouncing Lupin as Loo-peen and not Loo-pahn, i thought it was a Japanese pronunciation thing, but i forgot that name is French lol!
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

oh? why not translation of the song that played in the beginning??
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

i wish this was just lupinranger. sigh...
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

Aeikozz wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:42 pm oh? why not translation of the song that played in the beginning??
Cause it's really hard to hear the lyrics when they're overlapping with sound effects and dialogue, and with the Japanese credits on screen it's a visual clusterfuck

Return to “Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger”