Lupin VS Pat 02 Released!

Training up a future generation of criminals
Forum rules
LupinRanger VS PatRanger Wiki Link

< KyuuRanger | LupinRanger VS PatRanger | Ryusoulger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:35 am

☆☆☆☆☆
65%
☆☆☆☆
28%
☆☆☆
5%
☆☆
3%
No votes

Total votes: 40
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Lupin VS Pat 02 Released!

Post by Lunagel »

resop2 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:14 pm What I want to know is this: how are they going to handle the crossover episodes? A monster invasion would be hard to explain in Build and the wall would be hard to explain in the Super Sentai's world.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

Lunagel wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:20 pm
resop2 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:14 pm What I want to know is this: how are they going to handle the crossover episodes? A monster invasion would be hard to explain in Build and the wall would be hard to explain in the Super Sentai's world.
I can respect that.
I recall a kids movie (don't know which one) that involved two real life historical figures meeting and teaming up to fight... i believe river pirates or something... even though, realisitcally, it is VERY unlikely they ever met in real life.
The movie handwaves this in the opening lines by admitting "this more than likely did not happen, but hey, at least it will be fun".
YuushaEX
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Shinobi
Favorite Actor?: guy who plays dan kuroto
Favorite Band: The Primals
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Final Fantasy
Quote: See you next game
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by YuushaEX »

seriously though i hope every city each show appears in has a sentai insurance cause they absolutely destroyed a quarter of those buildings.
Transform your life into the best it can be!
chaossage13
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Onger
Dreamy: Kinji Takigawa
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Persona

Post by chaossage13 »

YuushaEX wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:36 am seriously though i hope every city each show appears in has a sentai insurance cause they absolutely destroyed a quarter of those buildings.
How interesting would it be if they ever came up with a show that centered on a few characters living in a city plagued by monster attacks and mass robo destruction?

"Last week I couldn't guess the card on my head and blew up. Now this week I can't go to work since it was crushed by a giant robo foot. Life in a sentai town sure is hard."
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

^
Yeah, and the Sentai are so arrogant! Always wanting pub specials at half price long after the special time is over. And, smoking in the Karaoke room when there is a sign saying no smoking!
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

That was a good follow-up to episode 1. It was still Lupin-heavy, and I expect that we'll only finally get some Pat focus now that the basic setup is done, but I can work with that.

I'm not a huge fan of the robo though. I would have thought the Lupins' 3 flying mecha would have been the complete kit, but instead they're just parts for the main body to wear. It's a bit less involved than I was hoping for, and it means that the main body hasn't been on screen on its own for more than a split second. Also, Good Striker is Ticket 2.0, which isn't a compliment.:|
takenoko wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:37 pm I thought this episode was great. It was flashy and fun. The CGI felt cheap at some points and the swap back and forth between real footage and CGI was a bit awkward, but it was great to look at when it was working. What a great dramatic chase scene!
Interestingly, I had the opposite reaction with the CGI. But I guess it depends on whether we're talking about the individual vehicles or Lupin Kaizer. I thought the CGI for the vehicles was extremely well done; there's a point there where I can't even tell if a shot is CGI, models, or a mix of the two. And that's because overall the chase did a very good job of mixing models and CGI, such that CGI was used to make the sequence more dynamic, but didn't replace the practicality of the models.
I still feel like the police are taking the shaft. It's nice to know that red cop 1 can make a promise, which makes him relatable to thief red, but I want more. More characterization, more green, more pink. More red acting less like an uptight asshole.
Agreed. I imagine his character arc will include learning to chill a bit, but in the meantime he's a bit much. Though I can at least appreciate his desire to protect the public.
Ugou is dumb.

Good Striker looks dumb.
Agreed on both counts. And frankly I'm not sure why Toei did either of them. Why do they need a suit of all 3 Pats combined? And what does a carrot puppet add to the mecha sequences?
Lunagel wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:20 pm
Now that I think about it, we may not even get a Spring Break Special this year. Without a traditional spring Rider/SHT movie to promote, Toei may not want to bother with a crossover in the weeklies.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I welcome our new "unnecessary crossover" overlords.

Let's not be too hard on cone shaped mascots, Mr. Voice would take offense!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The crossover episodes have been shit for a while. They peaked with the first one and then stopped trying after the second.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

Anyone ever thought that one of the members from either side of the team will die during the series? I know this is a rude question out of the blue (probably) and this might/definitely be my speculation based on my feelings but I cannot help but think it will happen for this series. In my case, I guess it will be Asaka Keiichirou. No reason for this anyway, it is just a thought. If there is, I would say it is because there cannot be two reds, that's it.

I don't know if this has been asked by anyone else on the previous thread or not but the VS changer pronounce Masqueraise or Masquerade for LupinRanger henshin? On the CM I heard Masqueraise but on the show it sounds Masquerade? I am confused though. I just hope it is not my ear misheard the pronouncation
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I can't see anyone in modern sentai dying and being permanently dead. When's the last time that happened? Go-Busters?

Maybe the extra sounds happening in the background is what makes it hard to hear Masqueraise?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

hiro9796 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:29 am I don't know if this has been asked by anyone else on the previous thread or not but the VS changer pronounce Masqueraise or Masquerade for LupinRanger henshin? On the CM I heard Masqueraise but on the show it sounds Masquerade? I am confused though. I just hope it is not my ear misheard the pronouncation
The captions and the toy box both write it as マスカレイズ (masukareizu) so probably what takenoko said, it's hard to make out with background noise.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

takenoko wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:04 am I can't see anyone in modern sentai dying and being permanently dead. When's the last time that happened? Go-Busters?
By modern, do you mean someone in the current era who is a sixth/core ranger rather than an extra ranger/hero/heroine?
If that's what you mean, I think it definitely was Go-Busters. Kyouryuger and Ninninger had Torin and Yoshitaka died respectively in their series but they were extra rangers and live longer than any normal human does.
takenoko wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:04 am Maybe the extra sounds happening in the background is what makes it hard to hear Masqueraise?
Maybe. I got to admit that might be true.

Return to “Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger”