Are the LupinRangers thieves?

Training up a future generation of criminals
Forum rules
LupinRanger VS PatRanger Wiki Link

< KyuuRanger | LupinRanger VS PatRanger | Ryusoulger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Are the LupinRangers thieves?

Post by Lunagel »

It's a puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun

So translation is fine, just we're not getting the double meaning in English.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I don't even know if I'd call it a pun. It's just wordplay for the sake of it? They basically replace the "phantom" in phantom thief with "cheerful/joyful"
CaptainTalon449
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "This is our stage" -Kazuraba Kouta
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by CaptainTalon449 »

No doubt the Lupinrangers are thieves as they steal from the Ganglar but the real question where should these dangerous pieces of the Lupin Collection should be in? We don't know much about Kogure and where these pieces of the collection are being stored except inside that book. You also can't really trust the police either since apparently they just happen to have pieces of the Lupin Collection in their possession but no real knowhow of how they have them in the first place
AdamFTF
There are five lights!
There are five lights!

Post by AdamFTF »

I think the Lupinrangers are supposed to be considered thieves. However, they're essentially stealing from alien criminals who are worse than they are. And that makes a fair bit of sense considering they're supposed to be walking in the footsteps of Arsene Lupin. Lupin in the books by Maurice LeBlanc was more rogue than villain, usually targeting for his impossible burglaries those who were so rich and decadent that they lost very little if they were robbed. He also was known to do the occasional good deed despite his criminal status.

As for how the Patrangers see them, it seems to be as more of a complication or annoyance than as public enemy number one. They interfere with their fight against the Ganglars for their own supposedly "selfish" reasons.
Bomyne
Go Go!
Favorite series: Zi-O
2nd Favorite Series: Drive
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider Zi-O
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Bomyne »

I feel that the LupinRanger are similar to the boukenger in many ways.

But I don't get the thieves part... They're not so much as stealing... they're retrieving dangerous items from creatures that would use the power of those items to hurt humanity.

For me at the moment (As of episode 14), I see the LupinRangers as the good guys, the Ganglar as the bad guys, and the PatRanger are just pests.

Not sure how much I can say without going down Spoiler Road, but the Patranger don't seem to be very open or understanding regarding the LupinRangers reason for fighting.

So to answer your original question... in my opinion, no. The LupinRanger are no more thieves than the Boukenger were.
Spoiler
Or OOO for that matter. OOO technically stole from the greeed and used those medals against them.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Repo people for a legendary thief's missing collection.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.

Return to “Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger”