Lupin VS Pat 03 Released!

Training up a future generation of criminals
Forum rules
LupinRanger VS PatRanger Wiki Link

< KyuuRanger | LupinRanger VS PatRanger | Ryusoulger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:00 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
38%
☆☆☆☆
54%
☆☆☆
4%
☆☆
4%
No votes

Total votes: 24
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Re: Lupin VS Pat 03 Released!

Post by resop2 »

JonSilver wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:52 am Also... is it too much to hope for another Deka guesting? I mean I know they already showed up in Kyuu, but the Pat guys are in 99% the same uniform! There has to be a connection!
Be careful what you wish for. You could get some more Deka jumping out of a flying train yelling "Ore sanjou!" and striking a weird pose.
dannydice64 wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:29 am Sakuya x Umika confirmed (Romeo and Juliet everyone?)
I'm not going to say that it's not going to happen, but judging from Umika's flashback I kind of doubt it. Umika has a school uniform with two stars (second year) on the lapel, which leads me to suspect that the girl who got "iced" was Umika's "beloved senpai".

I like the episode, it made me laugh. I am getting a lot of Gokaiger vibes from the Lupins so far.
Mojikara
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Akibaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Jasmine
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Mojikara »

resop2 wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:21 pm I like the episode, it made me laugh. I am getting a lot of Gokaiger vibes from the Lupins so far.
That reminds me... Junko Komura also wrote a good chunk of Gokaiger episodes, as well.
Another legend has left us too early...
--
On a lighter note:

There is training in
O o
/¯/________________________ _ __/
| FIRIN MAH LAZOR BLAAAAAAAAARGHH!!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯ ¯¯\
Weather
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite Actor?: Tomoyuki Dan
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Post by Weather »

Finishers with Goody are badass and they look powerful as hell, pls more of that instead of just multicolor lights it is simply my fave element of this show *o*
Kamen Rider Gumo
Faiz
Favorite series: Zyuranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Reiko Chiba
Favorite Actor?: Takaiwa Seiji
Favorite Band: Twisted Sister
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: DragonBall Z
Quote: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence..."
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Gumo »

So far, I'm really enjoying this show. After Jyuohger and Jyuranger I was starting to lose faith in the competence of the writing teams. Glad to see they can still write something good. Both mechas look amazing (though I'm more partial to LupinKaiser by a slight margin), I like the idea of a "common" mech (Good Striker) shared between the teams who just kinda helps out whichever one he wants to that week and further hinting at a deeper connection between the two. The CGI is definitely a major step up this year, as some have already pointed out. I've got no issue with using some (or even mostly) CG in mecha fights as long as it's decent and they've definitely upped their game for this show. Plus, we're already getting some backstories and characterization for the characters, which is much appreciated and moving at a much quicker pace than in recent years. I'm a sucker for a good story and good characters - without those, the best costume designs and mecha fights don't mean jack - and it looks Like LvP is going to deliver.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

im glad that they are more focused on Lupin than Pat. Pat just feels like a weaksauce version of Dekaranger. Patsangou is about the only 1 i seem to really like.
now as for Lupin....
YES Kairi as well as many Reds of recent are a touch too skinny. but so far Lupin seem fairly clever, and have a good reason for donning their capes. I do wonder if they will eventually use the Lupin Collection....

and Kogure ... he bought the Good Striker being with the police and thusly them using Good Striker story too easily! now if the Lupin pices that Pat have were reverse engineered from Good Striker, same with the Mech, ok fine. but im betting on Arene Lupin having ties to the global police hence why they share some peices. like the police needed him at times and it was hush hush they they hired him or looked the other way at times.

EDIT: agreed on LupinYellow, her body language and the poses struck during role call and henshin are top notch. i do find my eyes drawn to her movements quite a bit.
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Fat D »

Patkaiser's debut reminds me a lot of Dekaranger Robo. In fact, it felt like a carbon copy.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Well, they are both police themed Mecha. What'd you expect?
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

its not just the police theme it was the action involved too. the rolling and jumping while shooting and the jet lee stuff. Kakuranger, Hurricanger, and Ninninger all have a unique feel and vide to them while being ninja. Patranger feels like the dollar store version of Dekaranger that'd packaged with superman and spiderman. hopefully they get better. ALTHOUGH.... it may be on purpose as Deka seems to be pretty hype
Hoshinger
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Maskman
Dreamy: Luka Milfy

Post by Hoshinger »

Can anyone tell me how the Lupins are supposed to see. The top hat visors look thick and don't change in the light. I know that the Pats use on large classic lens that melds with the helmet, but I'm lost for the Lupins. Can someone please make a video on how the helmets are made?

Also Praise for Three Billboards as it was shot in my hometown. :D
chaossage13
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Onger
Dreamy: Kinji Takigawa
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Persona

Post by chaossage13 »

I liked this episode as well.

- More characterization for the Lupins.
- The lesson that "pointless detours can have unexpected possibilities" was done nicely and I didn't feel beat over the head by it.
- Goody's reaction to the butler is pretty much confirming his character is shady. I don't buy the "it's a difficult piece of the collection" story at all.
- I hope forgetting PatRan Sangou was a joke and not foreshadowing a lack of character focus in the future.
- All I could think of during the robo fight was how much it reminded me of Dekaranger.
- Speaking of, and this is the fanboy in me, but I'm kind of hoping for a Gokaiger and/or Dekaranger cameo in a movie at this point. I don't know why, but in my head it sounds like it would be a lot of fun.
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen

Post by Barim »

So finally watched episodes 2 and 3, good start I suppose, so far, it seems to be building up something interesting.

One thing I've been wondering though since I noticed the V and S are actually on the suits, are they supposed to stand for something?

If so, I suppose the V clearly stand for Voleur, but what would be an S word, that could refer to the PatRangers?
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Versus?
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:11 pmVersus?
Aye.

They might technically stand for something individually. But mostly that someone really wanted their initials to spell out VS.
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen

Post by Barim »

Versus being the obvious origin, sure.

I meant in attributing the V to the LupinRangers and the S to the PatRangers. Especially with the Arsène connection, their usage of French and the old French practice of branding convicted thieves with a V.

Also: not 100% sure but I think the location of the V mark on the Lupin suits more or less coincides with the the position where that V brand would historically have been placed on the skin.
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Hmm, not sure. I honestly feel like you've put more thought into it than Toei, but I like the Voleur explanation.

Return to “Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger”