Lupin VS Pat 06 Released!

Training up a future generation of criminals
Forum rules
LupinRanger VS PatRanger Wiki Link

< KyuuRanger | LupinRanger VS PatRanger | Ryusoulger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:07 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
53%
☆☆☆☆
33%
☆☆☆
7%
☆☆
7%
No votes

Total votes: 15
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Lupin VS Pat 06 Released!

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

< Prev
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 4.13 / 5 (16 votes)

Alt Title:
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Lupin VS Pat 06 Released!

Post by Lunagel »

Well, it's good Tsukasa managed to slap Keiichirou out of it, but it was still building off of last week's episode which was a bit weak, so there wasn't too awful much they could do with that.

Sakuya coming to gossip at the restaurant is a nice touch.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Is there anyone here who believes the Don is actually retiring?

Weird cuts into commercial breaks this time. Feels off somehow? Every time they go to commercial it feels so sudden.

Why doesn't Bumdolt want the PatRangers? Both teams have one of the pieces that he's collecting, don't they? Or maybe I forgot what happened last time.

Girls that weren't there before suddenly show up under Ichigou. Why couldn't they have been there the whole time? Ooh... and when Nigou and Sangou show up, they're actually behind the pillar. They could have fixed this by just having Ichigou stand back a little bit...

Wait, both yellow and green vehicles are helicopters?

So this is a conundrum. It seems like the LupinRangers are okay to let the PatRangers be as long as they don't get in the way of their goals, except we know that someday they'll come after them for their Precious. We sort of need Keiichirou to be unreasonable to keep up this pointless adversarial relationship, so where are we going to go from here if he's "learned his lesson"?

Also, I want that LupinRangers poster. Did Keiichirou draw it himself?

Also Keiichirou should have just been named Ichirou since he's Ichigou.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Hey, Keichirou! Don't you crush that Boss can any further. You have desecrated the Boss God, Tommy Lee Jones!! He shall smite at thee!!

Welcome back to Toei Tokusatsu, Jingi Irie AKA Jirou/Kikaider of Kikaider Reboot. I wanted to see more of you, considering the fate of Reboot. Yeah, Toei should've rolled on the streaming services sooner and gave Kikaider the Amazons engine.

Oh good, bring Patren Ichigo back to his senses, continue to serve and protect civvies, Striker is a bad wildcard. Seriously, Striker, play New Vegas and LEARN how to become a better wildcard.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

To me, Tooma comes across as cold-hearted rather than cool-headed. He always seems dead serious in an unsettling way. I actually felt bad for Goody when Tooma threatened to dismantle him.

The new arm looks so awkward. You can tell from the hinges it is really meant for a different use later on.

It was interesting to see Zamigo's human form. We now know a little more about the Ganglar in the opening. I guess the people on the bridge are used to people wearing such unusual clothes. They pretty much ignored him.
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

So now we know why Keiichirou fights... and I guess Tsukasa too? It would be good to get some focus on the reasons why Sakuya joined the police.

I liked how they found Bundolt using their access to public cameras... but I hope this tool isn't "forgotten" in the future.

I agree with take. Dogranio seems to be too interested in what his subjects are doing... too interested for someone who just wants to find a replacement and then retire. Good to see Gauche do something different this week; we need a lot more of her.

Still not a big fan of the mecha. They aren't bad, just nothing special.

Zamigo and his schemes are intriguing. I hope they pace the reveals about him and make him stick around for a while.
Weird cuts into commercial breaks this time. Feels off somehow? Every time they go to commercial it feels so sudden.
I actually had to double check I hadn't missed what felt like a good portion of the episode...

EDIT: Another interesting point is that so far, one team has been getting the regular kill and the other the enlarged Ganglar kill.
Behold the Emperor!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

So Zamigo is the guy that froze the Lupins friends? He's played by the same guy from the Kikaider reboot.

That line about getting a new face makes me think that him and Kogure might be the same person. Kogure winces when drinking the tea, and if Zamigo is the police informant it would explain how the police keep getting Lupin Collection pieces.
Crimzonite
Mega

Post by Crimzonite »

If I had to guess what this week's returned Lupin Collection piece was based on, it would be Pink Flash's Prism Boots from Choushinsei Flashman.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

Crimzonite wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:01 pm If I had to guess what this week's returned Lupin Collection piece was based on, it would be Pink Flash's Prism Boots from Choushinsei Flashman.
Yup it is. Guessing from next episode, the main focus is for Umika rather than Sakuya. Both of them going out on a date and later knew what each other were will be like another Romeo (Sakuya) and Juliet (Umika) story, difference in their background.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It won't be Romeo and Juliet, it'll be like Point Break.

Sakuya will have an opportunity to take out Umika but will shoot his VS changer into the sky screaming instead.
dannydice64
7X

Post by dannydice64 »

5/5

Nice character development Keiichirou

I wonder if they will face each other again, but this time off-suit

Sakuya x Umika here we come!

Definitely a Romeo and Juliet story
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

dannydice64 wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:31 am Sakuya x Umika here we come!

Definitely a Romeo and Juliet story
Either a Romeo and Juliet story or a Phantom Thief doing what Phantom Thief's do, lead people on to get information.

Considering Umika's reaction when Sakuya walked in, and considering Sakuya's loose lips, I would guess the later.

On the other hand, even if it is as set up, the shippers of Sakuya x Umika will get good stills! (And, it could plant seeds for something later on.)

Wow, what a cold villain!

Since the helicopter isn't part of the Lupin Collection, I think it would be an interesting plot point if Pat-Red pushes Lupin-Red out of the way of a Ganglar attack, then Lupin-Red, not wanting to be in debt to Pat-Red, gives it back. (Since Good Striker can steal it from Pat-Red if he wants the Lupin's to use it, Lupin-Red isn't really giving anything up.)

I think they should do a cross-over where Navi from Gokigers shows up and calls Striker annoying.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I thought the helicopter was a part of the Lupin Collection?

Ganglar has no e. It's Gang + Burglar.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

It is. Kogure tells them to keep it for the moment because it's compatible with the VS changer.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

As Luna already noted, this episode has the unfortunate position of building off of last week's somewhat shaky episode. However given those circumstances, I felt that the writers did a good job. It was essentially a stealth Keiichirou focus episode, and it worked. He's the stereotypical big damn hero policeman character, and that's okay. Somehow I don't think this is going to be the end of his over-the-top nature (as much as I'd like it to be), but if it even just leads to him toning it down a bit, that would be great with me. And if Tsukasa wants to slap him some more, that's okay with me as well.:p

The OP is already catchy, but hearing just the Patranger side on its own really stands out. Not that the Lupin side is bad either, but the Pat side especially is just so darned catchy, especially at the chorus.

I'm a little less amused with Good Striker though. If he can just steal things as he sees fit, then he's halfway towards being a deus ex machina vehicle for the writers.:| Keiichirou certainly earned the motorcycle - and in a way other than outright beating LupinRed - but it still feels cheap to have a wild character just give him the Macguffin.

Meanwhile, I find it very interesting that Zamigo has a human form. He's not a purely human villain, but if this means we're going to get an at least part-time face villain, that would be a fantastic addition after so many years of all suit villains.:)

Finally, given last week's conversation about the differences between the Ganglars' and Rangers' collection pieces, I find it interesting that Kogure doesn't seem terribly interested in them. Yeah, at the end of the day they are toys to sell that need to be available to use in the show, but it may be a subtle hint that Destra's hunch is right and that there's a special difference between the two.
takenoko wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:59 am Is there anyone here who believes the Don is actually retiring?
Yes? He's already on top of the world and isn't under any threat, so he can take it as slow as he'd like in finding a replacement.
Why doesn't Bumdolt want the PatRangers? Both teams have one of the pieces that he's collecting, don't they? Or maybe I forgot what happened last time.
At the time only the Lupins had the two new VS vehicles, so the Pats had nothing he wanted.
Wait, both yellow and green vehicles are helicopters?
Only the green vehicle is a proper helicopter. Yellow's engines are ducted turbofans; it's closer to a Harrier or Quinjet than a helicopter.
so where are we going to go from here if he's "learned his lesson"?
An excellent question, and one I'm wondering as well.
Catastrophe wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:52 am That line about getting a new face makes me think that him and Kogure might be the same person. Kogure winces when drinking the tea, and if Zamigo is the police informant it would explain how the police keep getting Lupin Collection pieces.
That's just crazy enough that you could be right. If this turns out to be the case, you may want to go into telling fortunes.:o

Return to “Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger”