Poll: What's your opinion of Lupin VS Pat?

Training up a future generation of criminals
Forum rules
LupinRanger VS PatRanger Wiki Link

< KyuuRanger | LupinRanger VS PatRanger | Ryusoulger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:48 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
50%
☆☆☆☆
34%
☆☆☆
9%
☆☆
No votes
6%

Total votes: 32
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Re: Poll: What's your opinion of Lupin VS Pat?

Post by midorininger »

i have to give it a 5 as its very deep. Kaito has a good reason to achieve their goals, plus their mentor wreaks of mentor betrayal. but alos they are very complicated as they cant work with the steadfast police team. the patrangers at first i didnt like, i felt they were the "korean knock off" Dekaranger, but Tsukasa is an awesome pink. Keichiro is somewhat redeemable. Sakuya, makes for great comic relieve. But Kaito shine, great costumes, semi mysterious personalities, fell into the roles, those capes, fantastic role call, Yellow suit actor is tops, Heroes who shouldnt be heroes is neat, and despite the usual Sentai were all heroes so lets work together ideal, they are breaking away from that. Kaito isnt an evil sentai team, but they should be viewed as Heroes, akinb to how Gokaiger are pirates first. but theyre still heroes. i cant wait to see where the story goes, and what the fate of the Kaito team will be once the boss Ganglar is defeated.

id personally like to see a Boukenger cross over movie, in which a Lupin collection piece is mistaken for a precious. Dekaranger or Gokaiger would be too obvious, but a Go-Busters cross over could be neat somehow.

Finally, its something thats still be worked on but it seem the patranger team has something of an opinion on the Kaito team, and havent quite settled on a final judgement of them as far as their morals go. so im curious where that is going as well.
Xivitai
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

Post by Xivitai »

I'm going with 2. Thieves are annoying and police always suffers because of them. It's kid's show what kind of message writers trying to deliver? Become thieves and mock police? Really good advice...
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Let's all become thieves! Arrr!
Blackcondorguy
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Timeranger
Favorite Band: Dinosaur Jr
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Blackcondorguy »

I'm not really motivated to read all Lupat topics to see if I'm right, but from what I read here and there, it seems like the show is not well liked. I don't know if it's because we had three lean years sentai-wise, but I do feel Komura Junko is improving her writing and the show is generally quite good.

The characters are likeable and work quite well together, and whereas I understand why it can be annoying that the kaito regularily steal the show (and get the power-ups), I don't think the patrangers are lesser characters for that. Even Sakuya, the obvious comic relief gets his moments and ends up quite endearing (and genuinely funny, imho). And they're not just shouting random catchphrases!

The only downside is that the villains lack interest, and I'm not fond of the mechas' design. It was also the case in Jyuoger, but the characters and plots were not as well written. So all in all, unless the ending turns up a total failure, I feel they really brought it off this year.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Eh? Just a glance of this topic seems to point towards the opposite? I think most people do like LVSP, but do recognize that it could be better.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Can you see when the votes were cast? I was higher on it earlier on in the run but it soured on me when Noel turned up and the Pats started getting shafted with the VS Vehicles.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Nope, the poll is very simplistic.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

And IMHO, this is why the poll shouldn't be opened until the end of the season. Or at least the current poll closed and a new one opened.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Eh, sometimes when I'm more on the ball I take a snapshot of the poll to show where it was at a certain point. I'll do that now.

December 28th, episode 45 had just aired.
Poll is at
6 Five stars
9 Four stars
1 Three stars
1 Two stars
1 One stars

18 votes

Remember you can always change your vote at any time until the vote is closed.
Blackcondorguy
7X

Post by Blackcondorguy »

takenoko wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:53 pm Eh? Just a glance of this topic seems to point towards the opposite? I think most people do like LVSP, but do recognize that it could be better.
I keep reading here and there people complaining about how the plot starts spinning on itself from episode 25 onwards, how they stopped watching the show quite fast or the uneven mechas and power-ups. Most of the comments I read about Ryusoulger are about how happy people are that LupinvsPat is ending. I don't read much about how it's way better than the last couple of shows or a good show in its own right.

Then again, maybe I'm reading about it in the wrong places.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Huh, maybe I don't see it because people who've given up on the show have stopped posting? But just looking at this thread, it's mostly 5 and 4 stars for the series.

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kaitou_Sen ... Chronology
And our fan polls mostly shows it still in the 4-5 star range, with a few dips into the 3 range.

I still think it's one of the best Sentai that I've seen in years, and it has turned around my opinion on Komura Junko as a writer.
Blackcondorguy
7X

Post by Blackcondorguy »

Maybe that, maybe the ones I read are just people who post to complain...

Maybe I'm still bitter about ToQger being way underrated imo and tend to focus on (and give too much credit to) the negative comments everytime I like a show.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Toqger is underrated! It's the best Sentai before Sentai took its nose dive in quality in past years. Hopefully LVSP is an upturn for Sentai as a whole.
Blackcondorguy
7X

Post by Blackcondorguy »

takenoko wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:07 am Toqger is underrated! It's the best Sentai before Sentai took its nose dive in quality in past years. Hopefully LVSP is an upturn for Sentai as a whole.
I hope so too. My first feelings about Ryusoulger are mixed but since most of a series' quality is in the writing, we'll just have to wait and see.
sentaiboi86
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Kikaider
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: M•A•O
Favorite Actor?: Takayuki Tsubaki
Favorite Band: ELO, MCR, Panic!
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Diffusion of sound, Theoretical Tachyons
Quote: The trees that are slow to grow bear the best fruit.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by sentaiboi86 »

I know that I'm a little late to the discussion since 46 is out there... But I rated it a 5, I think it's one of the better seasons to be done in the last, I don't know how many. I like that the series continues to keep that tension between the Lupin and the Pats.

Return to “Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger”