Poll: What's your opinion of Lupin VS Pat?

Training up a future generation of criminals
Forum rules
LupinRanger VS PatRanger Wiki Link

< KyuuRanger | LupinRanger VS PatRanger | Ryusoulger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:48 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
50%
☆☆☆☆
34%
☆☆☆
9%
☆☆
No votes
6%

Total votes: 32
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Poll: What's your opinion of Lupin VS Pat?

Post by takenoko »

Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Poll: What's your opinion of Lupin VS Pat?

Post by Catastrophe »

It's pretty good so far. I nice an refreshing change of pace that Kyu failed to deliver.

I'm like the Pats more. They feel like better characters and Lupin Red is too cocky without being enjoyable.

Wish Hilltop got more screen time though.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I initially gave it a 4, but I think it deserves the 5. It's fun, the characters feel pretty good. Stuff is going on that's emotionally resonant and the cast in general feels pretty charismatic. It's certainly a breath of fresh air after the stagnate last few years. I just hope it can keep this up!
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

It's growing on me. I hope it goes well throughout the next few months or so.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

so far I see it as a 4. Characters on both sides except Pat 1 are enjoyable to watch, pacing is fast, and story is doing good so far
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
xenoss
Adventure

Post by xenoss »

Writing this at the time of EP8: Enjoying it so far. I liked their Sentai VS Sentai concept and the design of the suits and logos are great. They look different enough to be 2 different Sentai shows and yet similar enough to be the same show. Very well done. Even the theme song feels like 2 songs smashed together into 1 song. So I was excited to see this initially.

The writing so far has not yet let me down. It feels more like Kamen Rider writing than the more children oriented Sentai writing of old. The team is laying a lot of narrative ground work that will hopefully pay off in the future. What's the deal with the 2 teams and their devices, how are they different from the other Lupin Collections. What's the deal with Zamigo. When will the Lupinranger team be betrayed and their dreams crushed. etc.

So much fun this season. I really hope they can maintain this. The last time I liked a sentai show this much was GoBusters, which had a strong start. The tone change mid season really messed it up for me. Fingers crossed for this show.

In contrast, this season's Kamen Rider Build seems incoherent and unfocused in comparison. It doesn't seem like the writers can make up their minds on what story to tell or even how the riders work. A complete mess this season.
Bomyne
Go Go!
Favorite series: Zi-O
2nd Favorite Series: Drive
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider Zi-O
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Bomyne »

Gave it a 5.

I love the show, but I have to admit that the good guys fighting eachother motif is just starting to get a little tiresome. I'm not sure how they can maintain that motif for ~50 episodes.

That said, if they vary it up a little... having both teams working together on a case or against a Ganglar, while still mistrusting and disliking eachother, it could make an interesting plot.

I admit I have been pretty "Meh" about Sentai the last couple of seasons... I've watched them, but they didn't really thrill me... which is why I've been more focused on Kamen Rider (which IMO hasn't had a bad season yet. At least since W anyway).

This show had a strong start, and if they can make the motif more interesting... or change it up a little.... I'd love that.

Now... I need to go buy a VS Changer...
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

Because this is Koumura Junko's work, so I will wait until episode 30 to see the story process... Lupin Pat now look like Zyuohger, begining with strong stat, interested, but no one can thought Zyuohger in the end has worst characters, boring story at all.
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

This is the rating for first 13 episodes of Lupinranger VS Patranger, from Rangerboard:

Kyuranger has lowest rating in Super Sentai history with 3%, so Lupinranger VS Patranger has a good start, hope the average will better than Kyuranger.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

/me stealthily adds it to the TN wiki
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I don't know how useful TV ratings are anymore. With so many alternate options for watching, it's probably better to look at toy sales for an indication of how well something is doing.
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

Catastrophe wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 3:10 am I don't know how useful TV ratings are anymore. With so many alternate options for watching, it's probably better to look at toy sales for an indication of how well something is doing.
If the rating in TV is too low, they have to cancel show or move it into another platform (Online, capble TV).

You know, for rating 3%, it's mean in 100 households only have 3 households watch this show. The advertisers don't want to spend their money to place their ads or sponsor in worst rating program. Bandai is main sponsor for Sentai / Rider show, but others is Honda, McDonald...

What's happen if Super Sentai rating is 1-2% and other show such as anime... is 4-8%? Toy sales are important for Tokusatsu show, but if rating Sentai / Rider is 1-2%, that mean they're not attract audiences anymore. The revenues of toy sales is turnover to Bandai, not TV Asahi or any advertisers. With the worst rating show, TV Asahi doesn't have any benefits at all. They have the rights to cancel the show if they want.

Look like American tv series, they cancel the show if rating too low, include long-time show such as some soap-opera shows.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

I know how ratings work. What I'm saying is that it becomes difficult to ascertain true viewership when its been shown that many people stream shows rather than watching broadcasts.

TV ratings for everything across the world are generally trending downwards because more and more people are cable cutting. And for Sentai/Rider, they aren't anything more than glorified toy commercials so as long as people still buy the merch, then it's okay.

Case in point is your post in the other thread with the ratings and toy sales. Kyoryuger had a low average rating but crushed every other series shown for toy sales. Ratings aren't the best endpoint measure for series success when you still pull 100 million dollars in toy money in.
Last edited by Catastrophe on Thu May 10, 2018 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

Catastrophe wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 4:37 am I know how ratings work. What I'm saying is that it becomes difficult to ascertain true viewership when its been shown that many people stream shows rather than watching broadcasts.

TV ratings for everything across the world are generally trending downwards because more and more people are cable cutting. And for Sentai/Rider, they aren't anything more than glorified toy commercials so as long as people still buy the merch, then it's okay.
People still buy the toys, and revenue will turnover to Bandai, not TV Asahi, this is the problem for Super Hero Time at current.

If TV Asahi want to cancel the show, Toei and Bandai have to move to other channel or platform. Ultraman has the same cases, they move to many channels, reduce their episodes (50 to 12) until they come to TV Tokyo.

Maybe in future, Super Hero Time will move from TV Asahi to another channel?

Kyoryuger has average rating, not too low such as Zyuohger, Kyuranger.Rating is not best measures but if rating too low 1-2%, how TV Asahi can keep it if they don’t have any benefits? Or will Bandai share their revenues toy sales for them?

Just wait until Sentai show with rating of 1% and you can see how they cancel this longtine series.

I think the topic of rating and toy should be end at this post and just wait to see how this series come.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Another reason I'm watching is trying to piece out what Kogure/Jeeves could be up to. I hope to Zod, whatever he's planning, it's better than Fueki.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.

Return to “Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger”