Lupin VS Pat 08 Released!

Training up a future generation of criminals
Forum rules
LupinRanger VS PatRanger Wiki Link

< KyuuRanger | LupinRanger VS PatRanger | Ryusoulger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:02 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
25%
☆☆☆☆
63%
☆☆☆
6%
☆☆
6%
No votes

Total votes: 16
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Lupin VS Pat 08 Released!

Post by takenoko »

< Prev
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 4.64/ 5 (11 votes)

Alt Title: Will the real Kogure rise?

Alright episode. I don't really remember anything standing out too much, but the LupinRangers had to throw the PatRangers off their scent somehow.

Jim Carter and Goody make me think the mascot aesthetics for the show suck though. Is Jim Carter just a straight up rip off of Haro from Gundam?

I don't think anything too surprising happened. Random thing with Gauche at the end. Feels like this episode should have been more weighty, but it ended up feeling a bit fillery.

So much for my theory that Kogure is Goody.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Lupin VS Pat 08 Released!

Post by Lunagel »

What?! Fourth wall breaking?! What?!

No, seriously, what the heck?! Is this a first? I mean, they've definitely broken it for like extras and stuff, but in the series proper?

Aside from that, a really good episode. Tsukasa's actions were logical and believable, and the thieves' foiling her plan was amusing but plausible. (Deus ex machina man indeed)

Lollll even Theater G Rosso getting in on April Fool's.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

One question based on Tsukasa and Sakuya's casual stake-out: Why anpan and milk?? Why are they considered "stake-out" food?

Rie Kugimiya playing a MOTW, even a laughably bad one at that, will not work for me. Jim Carter's kinda reminding me of Rie as Happy from Fairy Tail.

Hey Jeeves!! Looking away while answering someone about the McGuffins in a Ganglar's person is also a tell. You're the keeper of the reclaimed Collection Pieces, you must know something.

So Goody's playing wildcard to find and protect the Pieces. He may know what could happen if all the Pieces were assembled. If he gets captured by Kogure, no one could be warned what potentials the Pieces may have... Another possible reason why Jeeves may be a bad guy.

Oh. Tsukasa almost got it. Too bad, try again later.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

TypicalStandUser wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:16 pm One question based on Tsukasa and Sakuya's casual stake-out: Why anpan and milk?? Why are they considered "stake-out" food?
Anpan is dirt cheap (100 yen ish), enough calories to give you a quick energy boost (250-350 depending on maker), can be found in pretty much any convenience store (which is never more than a 5-10 minute walk away in any urban or suburban area), is fairly mess-free (some crumbs but anko doesn't spurt out like jam or cream so no stains or sticky fingers) and is pretty darn tasty to boot. No utensils required, easy to put down and pick back up again.

As for the milk, Japanese people tend to see sweet bread and milk as going together like bacon and eggs.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

It's because it's a trope for Japanese detective dramas. When you go on a stakeout, you have anpan and milk. They do it in DekaRanger and basically any other time people go on stake outs.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Lunagel wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:27 amWhat?! Fourth wall breaking?! What?!

No, seriously, what the heck?! Is this a first? I mean, they've definitely broken it for like extras and stuff, but in the series proper?
Nah, Sentai's done stuff like that before.

The first example that comes to mind for me is Abaranger where a Bakuryuu'd interrupt the show and it'd resume after the ending song (or CMs in LuPat's case).
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

When did they break the fourth wall
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

I believe Luna was referring to the end of the episode when they were stressing over Jim's stupid riddle and he looks at the camera and goes "The answer is.... after the CMs!".
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Eh, I wasn't really feeling this episode. I just don't care for works where a mystery is nearly correctly solved, only for a last-minute implausible misdirection to be tossed in to throw the detectives off of the trail. It's basically just dragging out the mystery.

And Jim Carter is officially annoying.:|

But on the plus side, we did get some genuinely good character moments. And Good Striker sort of laying out his motivations has been a long time coming.

And now I want some anpan!
takenoko wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:02 pm Feels like this episode should have been more weighty, but it ended up feeling a bit fillery.
I mean that's exactly what it was: a filler episode. At least from the Ganglar side of things. The whole action side of the episode was cut back on in order to leave more time for the drama side (the Patrangers' investigation). Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, just that it means nothing really happened with the Ganglars.
TypicalStandUser wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:16 pm Hey Jeeves!! Looking away while answering someone about the McGuffins in a Ganglar's person is also a tell. You're the keeper of the reclaimed Collection Pieces, you must know something.
At this point Kogure couldn't possibly be depicted as any more shifty short of having him cackling in a lair.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Kogure is definitely shady as fuck. I think he's worried that the Lupins will get their hands on Gauches collection piece and see he's a piece of shit. I still think he's that ice Ganglar.

What's the point of having this story this early? There is no way they get found out at episode 8 so the conclusion is forgone.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I was happy with the episode. They managed to elevate Tsukasa and the Lupin's at the same time (The Lupin's had to come up with a creative trick to throw Tsukasa off the trail, but Tsukasa looked professional and a difficult foil throughout). I also liked that they lamp shaded the fact that Lupin Red looks like a goofball. We also learned why they are doing the restaurant (Red lives there and Blue is a chef). This also kind of explains red's tragic backstory (if he hadn't been a lazy bum who never helped at the restaurant his brother wouldn't have chased him and got iced). We also found out that Umika went to a girl's school (although the iced girl was the same grade as her as opposed to a senpai).
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

Go-On Macaroni wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:21 pm I believe Luna was referring to the end of the episode when they were stressing over Jim's stupid riddle and he looks at the camera and goes "The answer is.... after the CMs!".
Doesn't Toqger do that regularly? With the Ressha Corner?
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

njb wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:16 pm
Go-On Macaroni wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:21 pm I believe Luna was referring to the end of the episode when they were stressing over Jim's stupid riddle and he looks at the camera and goes "The answer is.... after the CMs!".
Doesn't Toqger do that regularly? With the Ressha Corner?
That was always during the ending theme song, not in the ep proper.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Kuchiri »

I'm putting money down that Goody is actually Lupin and Kogure is actually a Ganglar who knew that the Don was going to retire and is doing everything in his power to amass the most collection pieces so he can become the new don.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I hope they give some characterization to the ice Ganglar who has a human form soon. Kinda seems like he'd be a waste otherwise. Thinking, maybe 40% chance that he'll be the extra ranger.

Return to “Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger”