Lupin VS Pat 09 Released!

Training up a future generation of criminals
Forum rules
LupinRanger VS PatRanger Wiki Link

< KyuuRanger | LupinRanger VS PatRanger | Ryusoulger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:30 am

☆☆☆☆☆
35%
☆☆☆☆
59%
☆☆☆
6%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 17
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Lupin VS Pat 09 Released!

Post by takenoko »

< Prev
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 4/ 5 (14 votes)

Alt Title: Bonjour Mademoiselle!

I guess Keiichirou shouldn't just be bugging people for being weird, but you're going to regret not looking into that guy later!

Is Kairi stealing the guard uniform a Metal Gear Solid reference?

Tsukasa looks good in civilian clothing.

Emma must be quite the jewelry designer if she thought nothing of wearing a plastic airplane around her neck all these years.

Good thing they have a French lady. Now the LupinRangers can speak French to each other- oh no wait, they don't do that except in one line.

I'm glad to see the current story relate to Kairi's backstory. In the past, I've criticized Komura Junko for her lack of humanity and genuine emotion in her works, so I'm glad to see she's making an effort to keep the characters relatable and emotional.

Since the cops killed the small guy, I guess I should have expected the thieves to take care of the giant.

Guess the police were bound to defeat a Ganglar before the thieves at some point. (Maybe that's why you guys should work together~) I guess we'll see how Kogure's offer actually works. Is this like a Dragon Ball situation where you need all the balls to work, or what?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Lupin VS Pat 09 Released!

Post by Lunagel »

French lady is actually half Japanese (I know she totally doesn't look it, right?) so I'm glad they didn't make her do some sort of outrageous accent a la Ramirez.

Kinda good message this time? I like that it was the Ranger giving advice to the random person instead of the other way around like it usually is.

Maybe it was just me but from far away that pendant looks a helluva lot like the Tau Crystal that Hotaru had in Sailor Moon.

Bletz's name comes from the German "blitz" cause he's fast. It just looks really dumb spelled with an E though XD And it's hard to represent it in the subs but he says a lot of words starting with "shika" (deer) cause of his design.

A note on the French translation for this episode: Drax, our wonderful Build timer, looked over the French dialogue for this episode and while the Japanese translation given is moooooostly the same, it differs on several points:
01:55-2:01
Suit Man - Emma.
Emma - Oui? (Yes?) / はい (Yes?)
Suit Man - Merci pour aujourd'hui. (Thanks for today) / 今日はありがとう (Thanks for today)
Emma - De rien! (Never mind/ You're welcome) / こちらこそ (Me too/You're welcome)
Emma - Mais oui bien sur, tout de suite. (Yes, of course, right now.) / 新作も楽しみにしていて (Please look forward to my new work.)

03:25 - Quoi?! (What?!) / なんですって! (What did you say?!)
05:48 - Au secours! (Help me!) / 誰か、たすけて! (Someone, help!)

21:59-22:07
Allo, c'est moi. (Hello, it's me.) / もしもし (Hello.)
Oui c'est Emma. (Yes, it's Emma.) / わたし... (I...)
Ecoute... (Listen... ) / ええ (Yes.)
Je viens te voir. (I'm coming to see you.) / いまから姉さんに会いにいくわ (I'm coming to see you now, sister.)
Basically I tried to go with whichever made most sense in context and length of the dialogue. Generally I went with more accurate French translation but the one line at 01:58 made absolutely no sense in context so had to go with the (inaccurate!) Japanese translation. (Did they cut some dialogue there and just hope no one noticed?)
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Shika is also in the second part of his name. Couldn't figure out the rest of it though if you want to take a look.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Oh dear, Keichirou! You've just amped up the rivalry. Now the Thieves are gonna train even more to quickly plunder a piece before you and your fellow cops shoot to kill!

A nice moment for Kairi to tell Emma to see her sister if possible. He's growing...
Is Kairi stealing the guard uniform a Metal Gear Solid reference?
That unfortunate guard better be the Global Police's Sasaki in a V-Cinema special!

Can't wait for Jeeves to respond to what happened in the next episode. Maybe he knows something about the MOTW's piece. Also can't wait for Iceman Kikaider!!
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>Now the Thieves are gonna train even more to quickly plunder a piece before you and your fellow cops shoot to kill!

Quick, plant a gun on him!
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Oh for heaven's sake, Luna! Did you have to put your underwear on the front page?! This is a family site! :shock: :lol:

Anyhow, this was a good episode all-around. The Pats didn't really have much to do despite the fact that they got the kill, but it made for an interesting look at LupinRed's own backstory.

The guest actress was unremarkable beyond being a white woman in a Japanese show (I'm actually struggling to think of the last such actress we've had), but at least she was smart enough to realize that holding on to that thing was a stupid idea. Of course the 1 million Dolk question is where she got it from; since she's French I'm half-expecting to find out that her family has a connection to the Lupin family. (Maybe Arsène had a side piece going on? :shock: )

I'm not really feeling the new vehicle. But eh, we've had worse.

In the meantime, the setup here with the destroyed collection piece is definitely interesting, and I'm excited to see where it goes. Either the wish was a lie, or somehow the lost piece can be recovered. Because I just can't see Toei actually letting the Lupins' underlying character motivations stay crushed like this.

PS I can absolutely confirm that the warmer weather does bring out the weirdos. The homeless population around here is about to explode.:(
Lunagel wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:41 am French lady is actually half Japanese (I know she totally doesn't look it, right?) so I'm glad they didn't make her do some sort of outrageous accent a la Ramirez.
I wouldn't have guessed it. I know a couple of people who are as genetically white as they come, and they still pass as more East Asian than the guest actress. :shock:

And thanks for the French language tidbits.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

ViRGE wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:36 am Oh for heaven's sake, Luna! Did you have to put your underwear on the front page?! This is a family site! :shock: :lol:
My secret is out!
ViRGE wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:36 am
Lunagel wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:41 am French lady is actually half Japanese (I know she totally doesn't look it, right?) so I'm glad they didn't make her do some sort of outrageous accent a la Ramirez.
I wouldn't have guessed it. I know a couple of people who are as genetically white as they come, and they still pass as more East Asian than the guest actress. :shock:
I mean the Asian eye shape gene is pretty damn dominant, usually when you have half Asian/half anything people they've got that distinctive eye shape but man I would have sworn that actress was just a random white woman. I mean, look at this shit: http://www.alpha-agency.com/artist/ota-laurence.html

Looking through google she looks much more Asian when her hair is straight and black. Brown and slightly curly and it's lost.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

She definitely looks eurasian in that profile pic (maybe it's a younger pic?). But yeah, I was fooled too.

At least she can pass for white. I'm just thinking back to Ex-Aid with that foreign game CEO who was clearly Japanese, pretending to not know any Japanese.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I'm guessing the Ganglar isn't dead. Otherwise Goche would have revived him. Kind of lame story to do this early when there is no way the collection piece could be destroyed.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Catastrophe wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:36 am I'm guessing the Ganglar isn't dead. Otherwise Goche would have revived him. Kind of lame story to do this early when there is no way the collection piece could be destroyed.
Good point! Usually when the MOTW is moon dusted, the safe (in mangled form) survives so Naria II can do her thing. But there wasn't anything left of the MOTW.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

I'll guess the Ganglar of the Week escaped the blast but the Lupinrangers don't know that probably so now Keichiro is gonna get more coming for him from them
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
TorchWood
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Pirate Sentai GoKaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Special Operations Squadron Go-Busters
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Post by TorchWood »

The actress is Laurence Midori Ohta. TV Tropes says that her father was French.
Something happening on a show turns into a board comment.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

I feel like there are one of two possibilities.
Spoiler
1) Because Destra is still acting on his own, Gauche didn't bother or know about Bletz
2) He was simply dusted to Amp up the drama.
Either way, I'm liking where this series is going. To be honest, I haven't completed (and enjoined the ride) Sentai since ToQGer (stopped just after the last mech showed up and crushed all my faith that I could place in that show) so these nine episodes are pretty good at setting up a lot of future plot points, though, admittedly, I am anxious to see #7 debut.
iori93
Favorite series: Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Quote: saa omae tsumi wo kazoero!

Post by iori93 »

This episode genuinely made me sad as I was not in good condition with my sister..what Kairi said to the french woman somewhat touch me. Don't wait till it too late
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

What's with the Underwear hahaha. I don't really mind shirts, jackets, caps or pants but I find Japan too exaggerating to be implanting pattern of Sentai/Anime/Riders or so on underwear. Well yeah, disgusting if you ask me
Spoiler
We won't see any new trigger machine for the next two episodes

Return to “Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger”