Lupin VS Pat 10 Released!

Training up a future generation of criminals
Forum rules
LupinRanger VS PatRanger Wiki Link

< KyuuRanger | LupinRanger VS PatRanger | Ryusoulger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:36 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
36%
☆☆☆☆
64%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 14
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Lupin VS Pat 10 Released!

Post by takenoko »

< Prev
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 4.33/ 5 (15 votes)

Alt Title: The Spanish Ice Bastard

Pretty good episode! Kairi has a showdown with Zamigo. Kairi has a moment with Kei. Plus yellow and blue did stuff too. It was a fun and dramatic episode all around.

What is Kairi doing to Umika at the end, strangling her?

Why do the LupinRangers get the knight upgrade? That seems like that'd be more with the police theming. The thieves should get a roguish upgrade like a bow and arrow or something to that effect.

I bet that last scene pumped up the Kairi x Keiichirou fans.

So this week's collection is a battery? Kyouryuuger?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Lupin VS Pat 10 Released!

Post by Lunagel »

Woah, sentai members actually noticing tropes? Are they evolving? Should we be worried?

Zamigo's not really catching my interest that much right now (really? Spanish now too? if there's a German-speaking commander this season I quit) but I will say that the ice-eating schtick is gonna be really nice once it hits summer filming and everyone's sweating up a storm.

Those were probably the least enthusiastic children I've ever seen in that G-Rosso CM. Who gave all the kids tranquilizers?

Kairi, stop antagonizing your boyfriend!
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

So the McGuffin is a Zyudenchi with #23 Futabain's copy ability. OK.

Good one, Keiichirou. You've amped Kairi's witch hunt on Zamigo. And you and your fellow cops are no longer making it fast to shoot to kill.

So Zamigo fights like Reaper with Mei's ice abilities. I'm hoping he has more in the table aside from guns with freezing bullets. Take a page from Killer Frost, have the ability to freeze people without weaponry.

So the thieves are planning ahead and think that by taking out Zamigo, they can reclaim their lost loved ones while keeping around Jeeves as insurance... While I'm skeptical of that plan, I know that Jeeves is just gonna plan a way to screw the thieves over.

Gender bender episode?! Why YES!!
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

The Lupinrangers seem to spend a lot of time being depressed in the dark.

I feel like Kairi is becoming a Gary Stu Red. He gets all the cool toys and can solo dangerous enemies on his own. His accomplishments feel unearned.

Poor Sakuya is going to be so hurt when he finds out that Umika has been leading him on all this time.
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

So Zamigo's power has nothing to do with the Lupin Collection? His safes also look different.

A solid 4/5.

Kei-chan~
Behold the Emperor!
DidiZorba
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by DidiZorba »

I think the HD version also has the audio messed up, guys, it starts before the video.
hamn8rjr
Infinity

Post by hamn8rjr »

DidiZorba wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:33 am I think the HD version also has the audio messed up, guys, it starts before the video.
yeah. why is it messed up? also, just joined this place. how do you do? fair warning, I got some mental disorders so if I seem a little weird, remember my brain is different.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

^
Howdy. My brain is a little different as well. I tend to like or dislike Super-Sentai based on how many characters get shipped by other people on the show. So now we have a Gary Stu Karai, Keiichirou, and Sayaka love triangle going?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

So I know that its an overused theme in Tokusatsu, but why would Kairi assume that defeating Zamigo would return all the lost people to life? Like I get that he had nothing to lose and maybe wanted revenge.

I did like Zamigos discard and draw style of fighting.
hamn8rjr
Infinity

Post by hamn8rjr »

resop2 wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:35 pm ^
Howdy. My brain is a little different as well. I tend to like or dislike Super-Sentai based on how many characters get shipped by other people on the show. So now we have a Gary Stu Karai, Keiichirou, and Sayaka love triangle going?
for me it's mostly the serious-humor ratio. I don't like ToQGer that much because the finishers were just... just...
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

Now hold up Kairi, where did you get that theory that killing Zamigo would bring your loved ones back from? And what were you doing to Umika strangling her, squishing her cheeks through the helmet? and for that last scene with Kairi and Keiichirou I shall quote Des Shinta "because damn it everything is gay about this."

as for the episode, everything is fine. I do like Zamigo, though I could picture him be portrayed by Taiga from Ex-Aid thanks to the skunk hair.
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Catastrophe wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:47 pm So I know that its an overused theme in Tokusatsu, but why would Kairi assume that defeating Zamigo would return all the lost people to life? Like I get that he had nothing to lose and maybe wanted revenge.
I assume it's just a desperate move on Kairi's part. But yeah, it's not great that they're relying on tropes as a logic shortcut.
hamn8rjr
Infinity

Post by hamn8rjr »

is it just the torrent that's affected by this?
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

That was a good episode and a fairly strong follow-up to last week's episode. And I appreciate that the solution to the MOTW was what many of us were thinking last week about the lack of a safe. It's nice when a police/detective series rewards our reasoning.:P

That shield for Red is ridiculously large though. If last year's shield for Tsurugi was just the right size, then this one feels like it's easily twice as large. It's kind of absurd...

But hey, someone's robo finally gets a sword! :D It's still kind of a weak finisher, but it's a nice change of pace from guns solving the problem every week. (Also a surprise: the Pats' batons are actually useful!)

Next episode preview: WTH? Really?!
takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:36 pm What is Kairi doing to Umika at the end, strangling her?
That's what I thought at first as well. But he's actually grabbing the chin of her helmet (presumably because he can't grab the cheeks?).
Lunagel wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:20 am Woah, sentai members actually noticing tropes? Are they evolving? Should we be worried?
Yes to all 3, especially the last one. The fourth wall may not last very long at this rate.:o
Zamigo's not really catching my interest that much right now
Agreed. He's not bad, but he's also not especially captivating. He's clearly a step ahead of the Lupins, so this episode was all just one big tease. I don't imagine they'll get around to seriously fighting him and working on that plot arc for a while.
hamn8rjr wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:44 pm is it just the torrent that's affected by this?
In case you haven't seen the front page, a v3 has been issued to fix the audio issues.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

i thought maybe this weeks lupin collection piece was a nod to ohranger ole bazokka cannon batteries or perhaps to Go-Buster's Beet J Stags can of Enertron.

"They can never work together" but are getting really close seemingly.
Also ive noticed that for Lupin Kaiser, its always Umika's arm that gets switched out. i wonder why and if that will change, and if the arms can be either left or right or must always be left or right.

Return to “Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger”