Lupin VS Pat 12 Released!

Training up a future generation of criminals
Forum rules
LupinRanger VS PatRanger Wiki Link

< KyuuRanger | LupinRanger VS PatRanger | Ryusoulger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon May 14, 2018 12:04 am

☆☆☆☆☆
36%
☆☆☆☆
21%
☆☆☆
43%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 14
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Lupin VS Pat 12 Released!

Post by takenoko »

< Prev
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 3.27/ 5 (11 votes)

Alt Title:
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Re: Lupin VS Pat 12 Released!

Post by Arigomi »

What was the point of dragging out the obvious plot twist? Kids don't need every single detail spelled out for them. All Tooma had to do was tell him it was a fake and then quickly disappear like a proper phantom thief.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Episodes with child actors are usually pretty hit or miss and I think this one was more of a hit. The boy's motivation was heartfelt and I like that they had the girl in the wheelchair talking about practicing using it. The flashback with Aya was particularly good. Her line about fantasy helping us face reality really hit close to home for me. A good character focus for Tooma as well.

This is one of the weirdest nitpicks I've ever had but in the Bikkura Tamago CM around 0:09 the kid's mouth doesn't match up with the dialogue at all. I've seen muppets with better synchronization than that. Could the kid just not pronounce anything or were they too lazy to do a reshoot or what?

Next week: lesbians
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

"Most of the Lupin Collection is unusable." Bullfeces, Jeeves. Sure, the bracelet was useless for Haruka but it has been of good use for the MOTW. Are there finer details on each of those Collection Pieces that you've neglected to inform the thieves about?? Or, unless mortals have a VS Changer, mortals can't "really use" a Collection Piece?

Tooma still feels for his lost Lenore. I can understand that.

This I can get by.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

It's interesting because we don't know if any of that is true or not. Since blue switches the bracelet out, we never know if the magic bracelet would have worked since the kid was using a fake the whole time.

I feel like this is going to be a key plot point later on.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The thing is, there hasn't been anything to indicate otherwise. I guess the heroes haven't used any pieces that weren't compatible with the VS changer, but still.

For this episode it makes sense though. The Chrono changers don't work unless all 5 members are present!
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

As far as kid episodes go, I'll agree with Luna: it's better than usual. It's still not great since it's a kid and they're taking away screentime that could be used to develop the existing characters, but we've had far more annoying episodes. And it did make for a pretty good Touma focus episode, even if we don't necessarily learn any new facts about it.

The PatRangers were completely redundant here though. This episode could have worked just as well (if not perhaps a bit better) with purely the Lupins, so the show is still forcing itself to include both teams and then struggling to balance their use.

Production values were good on this one, BTW. There was a neat little bit of wire-fu during the chase scene, and it made good use of the first-person camera. The BGM was also used very effectively, even if there weren't any new pieces.
takenoko wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 10:53 am It's interesting because we don't know if any of that is true or not. Since blue switches the bracelet out, we never know if the magic bracelet would have worked since the kid was using a fake the whole time.

I feel like this is going to be a key plot point later on.
This is starting to bug me as well. The show keeps having to dance around the idea of the good guys (or any humans, really) using the collection pieces. They keep hinting there's a difference between the piece types, but they won't tell us. Just spit it out already. :P
Lunagel wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 2:45 am Next week: lesbians
Right? Ruddy hell, any pretense of subtlety went out the window in that teaser :o It's definitely a different way of doing the annual Girl Power episode though...
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

It was a fine filler episode

I do like what the kid of the week was thinking for his wheelchair bound friend
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

ViRGE wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 5:20 am Production values were good on this one, BTW. There was a neat little bit of wire-fu during the chase scene, and it made good use of the first-person camera. The BGM was also used very effectively, even if there weren't any new pieces.
Yeah, the action continues to be fun. The scene of blue parkour chasing the kid is pretty fun. And somehow, the way it's shot really makes blue look tall, thin, and menacing since he's a grown man chasing a child. I vaguely remember liking other parts of the fight choreography, since it's been days since I viewed it.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Tsukasa x Umiko > Sayaka x Umiko sight unseen. After all, Umiko is from an elite girls school.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 9:40 am
ViRGE wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 5:20 am Production values were good on this one, BTW. There was a neat little bit of wire-fu during the chase scene, and it made good use of the first-person camera. The BGM was also used very effectively, even if there weren't any new pieces.
Yeah, the action continues to be fun. The scene of blue parkour chasing the kid is pretty fun. And somehow, the way it's shot really makes blue look tall, thin, and menacing since he's a grown man chasing a child. I vaguely remember liking other parts of the fight choreography, since it's been days since I viewed it.
Though when you think about it, shouldn't we be worried that Touma, the quiet loner of the group, was stalking a kid? :shock:
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

I love how the bracelet is a gold Chrono Changer. It makes me want a TimeGold to an extent x3
TorchWood
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Pirate Sentai GoKaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Special Operations Squadron Go-Busters
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Post by TorchWood »

Say, isn't this "Golden Week" in Japan? That would explain the filler episodes.
Something happening on a show turns into a board comment.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Indeed it is!
Farr
7X
Favorite series: Blade / Deka
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim~W / Shinken
Dreamy: Umeko / Hana
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Farr »

Pretty solid Episode, and even thou most thing of it as a filler, it's nice to see some Characterization and getting some insight on the People for whom the Lupin's are doing it.

But yeah we don't really know if or if not humans can use the Collection Pieces due to the Switch,
maybe the VS Changer are just some sort of safeguard, because everyone who uses a Piece for a prolonged Period of Time turns into a Monster/Ganglar?
Hopefully there is something more to that Topic later on.

Return to “Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger”