Lupin VS Pat 15 Released!

Training up a future generation of criminals
Forum rules
LupinRanger VS PatRanger Wiki Link

< KyuuRanger | LupinRanger VS PatRanger | Ryusoulger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:56 am

☆☆☆☆☆
50%
☆☆☆☆
44%
☆☆☆
6%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 16
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Lupin VS Pat 15 Released!

Post by takenoko »

< Prev
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 4.64/ 5 (11 votes)

Alt Title: Hotblooded police!

Another win for the PatRangers. Finally a reason for ugly Ugou.

The LupinRangers are pretty great as well. It's always nice to see them admiring their rivals.

Except blue. He sucks in this episode and does nothing but complain and get in the other LupinRangers' way. He basically doesn't do anything after discovering the monster, and that's so annoying to see him affected with plot dumbness.

Umika has a lot of the great moments in the episode. From running into Sakuya and falling into the exact situation she was hoping to avoid to throwing the boomerang that helps out the PatRangers at the end. Best character.

Apparently Hilltop is married. The LupinRangers are like "Oh my god, a black guy" when he first comes in.

Edit: Oh yeah, PatRan Ichigou dancing seemed out of character
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: Lupin VS Pat 15 Released!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Striker, is there a problem with Crane and Drill becoming a Trigger Machine? Or are you prepping countermeasures in case Jeeves makes a move??

The police, despite injuries, managed to kill a dangerous (dangerously stupid) mafioso with the help of Umika-chan.

I was hoping Zamigo could entice Destra about more VS Vehicle whereabouts rather than the latter asking a potential casualty to make the rangers spill the beans.

Ha! The kid loves Sakuya more than Keiichirou!

Nice episode.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Crimzonite
Mega

Post by Crimzonite »

So, is this week's Lupin Collection piece based on Mega Yellow's Mega Sling? The only other Sentai slingshot that comes to mind is the Mido Puncher from Goranger, and it doesn't look anything like that.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Crimzonite wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 4:54 am So, is this week's Lupin Collection piece based on Mega Yellow's Mega Sling? The only other Sentai slingshot that comes to mind is the Mido Puncher from Goranger, and it doesn't look anything like that.
A jp site I looked at said it was based on Megaranger so I think you're probably right with Mega Sling
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Why are Pat episodes so good? This one and the one where #1 gets out of his funk are much better than any Lupin centered ones I can recall. I liked the little touches like re-voicing the roll call lines to show they were tired.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

This week's episode was even better than last's week. Everything from the writing to the action was in top form this week, which is particularly notable since although it was a focus episode, it wasn't a major plot episode (which is where they usually pull out all of the stops).

It's a bit weird to go two episodes straight with minimal Lupin involvement, but the episode uses all of the time with the PatRangers well. We've been told up until now that they're resolute in their dedication as heroes, but this episode shows it, especially for Sakuya and Tsukasa (it goes for Keiichirou as well, but he already had his moment to shine last week). And even if this wasn't a Sakuya focus episode, I'm rather pleased with how they've handled his character here. He wasn't the butt of jokes; he stepped up and took responsibility, when he was needed, and as a result proved his mettle as a police officer/hero.

I really like that they had the MOTW pull the same stunt twice here with the booby-trapped collection pieces. It's good characterization and it's clever. I actually started cackling a bit when LupinRed got poisoned; he didn't necessarily deserve it, but he got flashy and reckless, so it was a fitting outcome. Plus it meant he got a chance to experience what his police counterpart was going through.

Speaking of the villains, I'm glad to see Destro is still looking into the collection pieces. But I am a bit annoyed that rather than letting us (the viewers) in on the answer, they cut to the next scene. I want to know what it is he found out, because you just know it's going to be a doozy.

The action was also really good this week, both for the rangers and the mecha fight. The latter in particular was a step above the usual, with some nice long shots combined with the moving camera that did a really good job selling the scale of the two combatants. And major kudos to the writers for making the otherwise incredibly stupid PatRan Ugou meaningfully relevant, both in terms of mechanics and for the characters.

Finally, is it me or was that a remixed version of the PatRanger's theme song? I don't remember it being so EDM-y. (I liked it)
takenoko wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:56 am Except blue. He sucks in this episode and does nothing but complain and get in the other LupinRangers' way. He basically doesn't do anything after discovering the monster, and that's so annoying to see him affected with plot dumbness.
I have to disagree with you there, Takenoko. I felt it was actually a rather good use of Blue's characterization. Both Red and Yellow have spent time with the Pats and have come to admire them to a degree. Blue however is the detached, quasi-longer. As a result he's not concerned with their welfare; they just get in the way of what he wants, after all. So while yes, he's not in the loop as to why Red and Yellow are trying so hard to stop the MOTW before the Pats get there, it's not random chance that he's in the dark. He doesn't know because unlike his colleagues, he doesn't care to know. Breaking down that wall is clearly going to be part of his character arc for this series.
Apparently Hilltop is married. The LupinRangers are like "Oh my god, a black guy" when he first comes in.
I must admit that was my first assumption as well. It does kind of seem like they're in shock that he's a black guy... None the less, it's an interesting development that they've finally met their rivals' boss. At this point the Lupins are well ahead in the game in terms of understanding everything that has happened and who the players are.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I don't understand why they didn't just make Hilltop a police chief or something. Is there someone above him? I don't think I understand how the Global Police's rank structure works.

The reason I'm so harsh on Blue is because they already defined him as a impulsive risk taker who will go against his team mates in order to get Collection pieces as fast as possible while also taking out as many Ganglars with him as possible. You can't characterize that way in an earlier episode and have him be like "Stop it you guys, it's too risky!" And worst yet, after pestering red and yellow, he basically just disappears for the rest of the episode.
dannydice64
7X

Post by dannydice64 »

5/5

Nice comeback for Keiichirou

I'm rooting for both Lupinrangers and Patrangers

Errors:

13:34 - Why does Kairi's font are similar from Ganglar's?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Oops
TorchWood
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Pirate Sentai GoKaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Special Operations Squadron Go-Busters
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Post by TorchWood »

At 14:41-14:48, was anything else thinking about our favorite pirate sentai GoKaiger when they did the weapons exchange?
Something happening on a show turns into a board comment.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

TorchWood wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 2:54 pm At 14:41-14:48, was anything else thinking about our favorite pirate sentai GoKaiger when they did the weapons exchange?
I sure did!
takenoko wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:56 am
Except blue. He sucks in this episode and does nothing but complain and get in the other LupinRangers' way. He basically doesn't do anything after discovering the monster, and that's so annoying to see him affected with plot dumbness.

Edit: Oh yeah, PatRan Ichigou dancing seemed out of character
As for Blue, if it is not your episode then sometimes you get the short end of the stick.

As for Hilltop, I am convinced that him and Kogure are both Zamigo Delma in disguise. Maybe that explains why the Kaitou's spidey sense went to full alert when he came in.

As for the Ichigou dance, well, they are going without ending credits so they need to fit the Sentai randoml dancing in somehow.
TorchWood
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Pirate Sentai GoKaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Special Operations Squadron Go-Busters
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Post by TorchWood »

Isn't "Words that sound almost the same but mean different things" a common comedy trope in Japan?
Something happening on a show turns into a board comment.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Puns???
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

I see in the wiki that the Lupin Piece is Mega Yellows weapon ... and while im happy Chisato is getting the nod ... wasnt there another similar weapon used by Zyuranger to upgrade their side arms? the thunder slingers i think it was called?

Hate to say it, but, Patranger was actually cool this week!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Is it? I don't remember

Return to “Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger”