Lupin VS Pat 16 Released!

Training up a future generation of criminals
Forum rules
LupinRanger VS PatRanger Wiki Link

< KyuuRanger | LupinRanger VS PatRanger | Ryusoulger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:11 am

☆☆☆☆☆
91%
☆☆☆☆
9%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 11
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Lupin VS Pat 16 Released!

Post by takenoko »

< Prev
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 4.47/ 5 (15 votes)

Alt Title: More body horror

Man, that red versus blue fight was fantastic. You'd think you've seen everything, then they pull this stuff out.

Ouch, can you snap with a hole in your hand? I was trying to see Kairi's left hand in the last scene in the restaurant, but sadly, there's no way to tell if there's a bandage or a glove on it. That would have been a nice detail.

Sorry Tooma, but your actor doesn't look good when he's not broody and full of angst.

Police were just there to serve conflict today.

Loved Tsukasa's interference though. Really inadvertently made Tooma suffer for it, lol.

While watching this, I was thinking that this would have been a great first episode. Establish a misunderstanding between the thieves and police to justify their conflict. The fact that they backpedal this automatically at the end is a bit frustrating, and confusing?

Random thought: Tsukasa's police gloves are cool.

Kind of just-okay story, but the funny bits and good action kind of pushed it to the top for me. 5/5 stars.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: Lupin VS Pat 16 Released!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Aya wouldn't be with Tooma if he's capable of hanging out with 4 girls in a day. Then again, it might have been the MOTW overclocking Tooma's playboy-dating style to the max.

Awesome fight between the thieves! And a great encouragement for all three of them to stick together.

Pats, you bore me. Do more autopsy research on that Crash Bros' safe. You cannot tell a pimp what he can't do during daytime.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
TorchWood
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Pirate Sentai GoKaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Special Operations Squadron Go-Busters
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Post by TorchWood »

Anyone look at the MotW's mouth and think "leech"?
Something happening on a show turns into a board comment.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Nah, he's pretty clearly a manta ray
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Pretty nice episode. I think I like the fact it shows that the Lupins are growing to becoming friends more than just being in it for the sake of the wish.

I think the body switch episodes are probably my favourite reused Sentai episode theme.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

There appears to be a weird staircase pattern on the encode, consistently throughout the episode.

Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

HowlingSnail wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 9:59 am There appears to be a weird staircase pattern on the encode, consistently throughout the episode.
I don't see it on my copy, likely your download got corrupted somewhere. Try redownloading or fixing via torrent.
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

Another Sentai, another bodyswap episode where their voices switch too. After seeing Magiranger and Fairy Tail do it right, it seems less effective when other series do it like that. Or maybe Mr. Enter ruined my enjoyment of things again. Still funny though.

A little flaw I noticed; don't the thieves transform or at least wear disguises before exposing themselves to the Ganglar? He saw their real faces and could have helped ID them for their chainsaw boss.

Oh hey, they're studying the safe corpse and providing an important detail. If that's their true form then maybe that's why that gets left over, and that's why when they enlarge there's nothing left behind because their inner is now the outer. Maybe Doflamingo Dongranio has a Collection piece that manifested them like that.
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

About the charm thing in the main page -- what does it do? At least put a pepper spray or a whistle in there, Bandai...
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

njb wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:27 am About the charm thing in the main page -- what does it do? At least put a pepper spray or a whistle in there, Bandai...
Absolutely nothing!

No really, it's an omamori. Think of it as like a lucky rabbit's foot.
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

Lunagel wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:42 am
njb wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:27 am About the charm thing in the main page -- what does it do? At least put a pepper spray or a whistle in there, Bandai...
Absolutely nothing!

No really, it's an omamori. Think of it as like a lucky rabbit's foot.
Had no idea rabbits' feet were considered to be a lucky charm... they seem to be quite popular.
Behold the Emperor!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Really? The rabbits foot thing is a pretty common thing worldwide. Like I've heard about it a lot without ever seeing anyone with one.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Based on the preview for this episode, I really didn't have high hopes for this one. Body swap episodes are a Sentai staple, and they have a tendency to be mediocre.

Instead we get a reasonably funny plot about having to hide the current state of affairs from what's essentially the other half of the team. And oh yeah, LupinRed shot himself through the hand in order to save his comrade!

I'm not one to immediately flock to something because it's dark or violent (there's a reason I like Sentai's optimism) but at the same time that scene - that action - says more about the bond between Red and Blue than anything else we've seen thus far. He risked grave injury to himself and his comrade in order to save the latter. LupinRed has always been a little aloof, and this really helps to ground him in a good way. It's also a good Touma episode, for that matter. Despite the fact that the actor isn't actually playing the character for most of the episode.

If anything, I'm actually a bit disappointed that they brushed off the hole in LupidRed's hand aspect so easily. Despite in some ways being more violent than the western adaption, this feels like one area where the violence/gore is being limited by Japanese TV S&P. It was a serious scenario for the viewer regardless, but I would have liked to see some more consequences.

Speaking of shooting, as Takenoko has already noted, it really was an awesome fight. And this despite the fact that this whole season has been full of ranger-on-ranger fighting. Most of that has been rather blasé, but this fight in particular really delivered.

The only thing I can really pick at is the mecha fight. It was short, heavy on the CGI, and the Cyclone Knight form is just lazy; it doesn't aesthetically work in the slightest, and the lack of hands makes it come off as wholly impractical.
takenoko wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 3:09 am Loved Tsukasa's interference though. Really inadvertently made Tooma suffer for it, lol.
And I really think with any other cast, that scene wouldn't have worked given the tone of the rest of the episode. But their skills and group charisma really sold it.

Return to “Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger”