I wonder if we'll see a Sherlock Holmes analogue in this show.

Training up a future generation of criminals
Forum rules
LupinRanger VS PatRanger Wiki Link

< KyuuRanger | LupinRanger VS PatRanger | Ryusoulger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
AdamFTF
There are five lights!
There are five lights!

I wonder if we'll see a Sherlock Holmes analogue in this show.

Post by AdamFTF »

So, when I first found out the theme of this year's Super Sentai, I sought out the original short stories about Arsene Lupin by Maurice LeBlanc. And one of the more notable things is that LeBlanc establishes a rivalry between Lupin and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's character Sherlock Holmes (of course with Lupin having the upper hand). In fact, it caused a bit of a problem seeing as LeBlanc didn't get Doyle's permission to use Holmes. A couple of the stories even change his name to Herlock Sholmes to try and avoid legal issues.

But it wouldn't be unusual to introduce a Holmes-like character. Both Lupin and Holmes are reasonably well known in Japan. The manga-ka Gosho Aoyama even set up a rivalry between two of his characters that were inspired by Lupin and Holmes, the Kaito Kid (from Magic Kaito) and Conan Edogawa (from Detective Conan)

So what do you folks think? What are the odds on seeing a Holmes-like figure appear in Lupinranger vs. Patranger?
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: I wonder if we'll see a Sherlock Holmes analogue in this show.

Post by TypicalStandUser »

The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.

Return to “Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger”