Lupin VS Pat 17 Released!

Training up a future generation of criminals
Forum rules
LupinRanger VS PatRanger Wiki Link

< KyuuRanger | LupinRanger VS PatRanger | Ryusoulger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:08 am

☆☆☆☆☆
42%
☆☆☆☆
50%
☆☆☆
8%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Re: Lupin VS Pat 17 Released!

Post by locuas »

Lunagel wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:30 pm Gauche. It's French for "left"
oh so she is sinister........... that is probably the most obscure joke I have ever done.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

That was an okay episode. I can understand why the writers went for the outcome they did, but on the whole it was still missing a bit of something to make it to 5 territory. A bit too saccharine for its own good, perhaps.

Also, good gravy did they blast through that robo fight. That was almost 100% CGI and stock footage. The unit that handles those fights must be busy with something else that takes more than a week to film. But still, that was so bad that we're in "why even bother" territory.
Catastrophe wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:08 pm I feel like the mishmash of the dream world and the unrequited love plots didn't blend well. Like they needed an excuse for K-man to not make it to the airport when he decided not to go anyway.
Agreed. They aren't bad themes, but they fit together very oddly. Also, what the heck were Red and Blue doing while everyone else was in la-la land?
Kuchiri wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:34 pm So I'm going to assume people know what ego and id and all Freud stuff for sake of me writing many paragraphs at 1:30am. Umika was affected by the attack but not the way the Monster would've wanted.

Umika's immediate dream, the one that was on the surface of her conscious mind before getting hit with the attack, was to get Keiichrou and Mana together. The only way she was going to accomplish that dream was to beat the Monster, the only way to get out of the dream was break it from the inside. Her mind figured all of that out quickly and she was able to focus on her ego to get one of the Pats to break the dream world by breaking their dream. The reason she was in her High School outfight was from her id. Her dream to bring back her High School friend. If she was attacked on any other episode (or if any of the Lupins were hit this episode by the attack.) They would be in a world where their lost one is returned and they are happy again. If Umika stayed in her part of the dream world we may have seen her friend appear and may have been stuck.
Thanks Kuchiri. Even if that's not right, it should be. It's certainly a very logical and reasonable explanation.:)
I think Episode 18 without any hint of the 'extra' ranger or an extra ranger arc is the longest we've gone in a long time. HououSoldier showed up in Episdoe 21 but his whole arc took four or five episodes to get together. At least it wasn't Ninin or Kyouryu who introduced them before Episode 10.
That is a really good point. I honestly can't think of any series in recent years that debuted its 6th ranger this late. HououSolder is a technicality as the show had already added 2 rangers before that. So this is going to be relatively late. But Lupin vs. Pat also starts with 6 characters, so it's a full cast to begin with and it's good that they're being given time to develop before throwing in a wildcard.
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

I could see this coming; Keiichirou said it himself that he can't focus on two things, and it's true in how he lost against LupinRed and fell into those traps from before.

What I DIDN'T see coming was him questioning whether or not they were right about the main cast being the thieves. I'm so glad they didn't just handwave that and had him actually notice that little fact. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts piecing the truth once he sees that Red can split into three. Or did he already?
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
TorchWood
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Pirate Sentai GoKaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Special Operations Squadron Go-Busters
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Post by TorchWood »

LP records? *blink* *blink*
Something happening on a show turns into a board comment.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

The link for the thread for 18 didn't work.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Fixed, also you posted it in the episode 17 thread.

Return to “Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger”