Lupin VS Pat 18 Released!

Training up a future generation of criminals
Forum rules
LupinRanger VS PatRanger Wiki Link

< KyuuRanger | LupinRanger VS PatRanger | Ryusoulger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:56 am

☆☆☆☆☆
36%
☆☆☆☆
64%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 11
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Lupin VS Pat 18 Released!

Post by takenoko »

< Prev
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 4.56/ 5 (9 votes)

Alt Title: Scramble City

Kind of a mediocre episode up until they start swapping the mecha parts around. That bumped it up to a 4 for me.

Goody's boring and it was a mistake to focus on him and his non-problems.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Re: Lupin VS Pat 18 Released!

Post by Arigomi »

The episode title seemed a bit misleading. I was hoping Goody had some kind of devastating secret that would force some characters to reevaluate their motivations. I would've been satisfied if the Goody puppet was hurt during the cockpit struggle and his croissant-face fell off like a mask to reveal his true form.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

So the Legendary Thief modded otherworldly items for his use, as well as giving sentience to an item that can be tasked to be a gatekeeper for them... I don't buy it. He must've asked for help in order to mod the Collection Pieces. I'm pointing at Jeeves BECAUSE he knows something about the Collection that Arsene or the Rangers may not know.

Not a surprise if:
Spoiler
Jeeves is either a Ganglar or the creator of the Collection Pieces
Decent episode. Striker's characterization could've been better.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Somehow it doesn't surprise me that this had the same writer/director combo as episode 11, aka the horrible gender swap ep. It certainly went off the beaten track in regards to tropes, but overall the characterization fell flat. Goody hasn't really been anything but a deus ex gattai thus far and so inserting his (really weak) problems into it just felt forced.

On the other hand, I really loved the fight scene inside of PatKaiser(?) cause that was really well done and played to the strengths of each character. You've got Sangou trying to arrest Red and Nigou just trying to kick him out all the while Blue and Yellow are causing trouble for Ichigou, who's super mad he got kicked out of his own gattai. How can you not enjoy that?
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Engine Sentai Go-Onger

Post by CheetahLynx »

I really liked this episode, especially the whole mecha fight. I head never seen anything like it before.
Arigomi wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:29 pm The episode title seemed a bit misleading.
I do agree that the episode title is a bit misleading, even though they did reveal some information about the collection as a whole. I was hoping that this would've been the episode where the Pats finally learn the Lupins' identities.

Why are they questioning how Gauche got in? Haven't they noticed that she is able to teleport?
How did the police's info get leaked? The episode implies that it was Zamigo who leaked the info, but then, how did he get it?
How does Kogure keep appearing out of nowhere? It must be foreshadowing of some sort.
Spoiler
So, we've got one of THOSE episodes in our hands.
My guess is that old man in the restaurant is the big boss of the GSPO.
Man, Sakuya's got a nice home!
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Not a whole lot to add here. It was a so-so episode all around. I do appreciate them trying to give Good Striker some more characterization, but it didn't really work. At the end of the day he's still the crutch being used by the writers to justify both teams having a single robo.

I was also surprised with how bland the mecha fights were. Between the two fights there was more screen time than usual, but they didn't do anything particularly special. Especially in leading in with a mix of Lupin and Pat vehicles, I was expecting them to do a proper Scramble City scenario and show off a bunch of irregular combinations. Instead we just got the one combo before going to Cyclone Knight, and that fight was nothing special.

On the other hand, Luna is right about the cockpit fight being great. The reason for it is stupid - I'd think that of anyone, Tsukasa would be smart enough to realize they need to fight the MOTW first before the Lupin - but as an actual action piece in an enclosed space, it worked very well.

And if anything, the highlight of the episode is the fact that we've finally learned something new about the Lupin collection. Despite being named after Lupin, it actually comes from the Ganglar world. Which in retrospect definitely makes sense, and was not something I was expecting (the items tend to be very human, since Toei is using it as a tribute to old Sentai series). Plus I guess this means that putting a new collection piece in a busted safe allows a fallen Ganglar to be revived?
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi

Post by CheetahLynx »

ViRGE wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:33 am Plus I guess this means that putting a new collection piece in a busted safe allows a fallen Ganglar to be revived?
Not necessarily. You can see in the other episodes that Nari- I mean Gauche can just revive them without having to put another piece inside the safe
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

So wait... did Destra give him that Collection before his destruction or after? That's still confusing me. The way they didn't show it until the thieves opened it kind of adds to that perplexity. Because if it's before then the thieves trying to steal it before the cops blow 'em up kinda loses weight since it can survive along with the safe. But if not then the thought of that possibility weighs into their minds. I doubt they'll try it, but they might be curious if they thought it stayed small when the monster grew with it.
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Did anyone ever figure out what the item was?
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

my money's on MegaRanger. some kind of targetting device. looked kinda like a game boy.

feh. still learning how to embed images. been a while.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/igGq3DG5GKhaKN8P7
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I think this will be a series where I will like the episodes that concentrate on character interactions and character back stories a lot more than episodes that concentrate on plot.
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi

Post by CheetahLynx »

takenoko wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:53 pm Did anyone ever figure out what the item was?
It's the Car Navick from Carranger
Image Image
CheetahLynx
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Awesome, thanks!
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

CheetahLynx wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:17 pm
ViRGE wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:33 am Plus I guess this means that putting a new collection piece in a busted safe allows a fallen Ganglar to be revived?
Not necessarily. You can see in the other episodes that Nari- I mean Gauche can just revive them without having to put another piece inside the safe
Ah. Right. That's a good point. Then I'm at a loss for what Destra was trying to prove there. I guess he wanted to see what would happen with a collection piece if the MOTW was enlarged while they still had it?
Kamen_Rider_Shiki wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:29 pm So wait... did Destra give him that Collection before his destruction or after? That's still confusing me. The way they didn't show it until the thieves opened it kind of adds to that perplexity. Because if it's before then the thieves trying to steal it before the cops blow 'em up kinda loses weight since it can survive along with the safe. But if not then the thought of that possibility weighs into their minds. I doubt they'll try it, but they might be curious if they thought it stayed small when the monster grew with it.
Destra gave him the collection piece after his original destruction. This was the sheep brother that was accidentally crushed by PatKaiser a couple of episodes back. Destra gave him the piece and had Gauche revive him for reasons that aren't yet clear.
Crimzonite
Mega

Post by Crimzonite »

The Arsène Lupin flashback does give us a peek at a few Collection pieces we haven't seen yet. I'm pretty sure I've spotted a Jizaiken Kiba from Gingaman on the shelf below the Mega Sling-like piece.

Return to “Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger”