Lupin VS Pat 20 Released!

Training up a future generation of criminals
Forum rules
LupinRanger VS PatRanger Wiki Link

< KyuuRanger | LupinRanger VS PatRanger | Ryusoulger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:15 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
41%
☆☆☆☆
18%
☆☆☆
24%
☆☆
18%
No votes

Total votes: 17
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Re: Lupin VS Pat 20 Released!

Post by locuas »

Honestly. the thing that bothered me the most was Keiichiro "but WHY someone who JUST NOW told us is an undercover agent would claim to be a thief rather than a cop?". like dude, i know you are dense, but the title is self-explanatory.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

locuas wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:41 pm Honestly. the thing that bothered me the most was Keiichiro "but WHY someone who JUST NOW told us is an undercover agent would claim to be a thief rather than a cop?". like dude, i know you are dense, but the title is self-explanatory.
Because the entire point of being undercover is that the people you're monitoring are not supposed to know you're a cop. As it stands he's basically a thief posing as a cop.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

ViRGE wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:44 pm
locuas wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:41 pm Honestly. the thing that bothered me the most was Keiichiro "but WHY someone who JUST NOW told us is an undercover agent would claim to be a thief rather than a cop?". like dude, i know you are dense, but the title is self-explanatory.
Because the entire point of being undercover is that the people you're monitoring are not supposed to know you're a cop. As it stands he's basically a thief posing as a cop.
He said that BEFORE the lupinrangers discovered he was a cop and right after being told he is an UNDERCOVER OFFICER.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

ViRGE wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:52 am And I really feel like the 6th ranger should have come after the teams become unified. Not before. The show's title aside, the rival teams thing has been played out. Having a guy that plays both sides feels like trying to prop up a corpse.
I very much disagree with this statement. After everyone was ganging up on KyuuRanger for mostly dropping its 9 member team concept to the standard 5 members for a good portion of the episodes, dropping the rivalry shortly before the halfway point would kill the show. Now I agree that the two teams will join forces against the Ganglar but that should be the last 5-10 episodes not now.

I feel like Noel is definitely Good Striker personified as an extra member. I like the idea of him being both a LupinRanger and PatRanger. Sure Noel exposing himself as both is odd but I feel like there's a purpose to it or just it's easier for him not to keep up the facade and just be himself.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

That athleticism Takao Noël showed with his acrobatic jumping skills when he first confronted Kairi. Very impressive.
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

chronoxiong wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:56 pm That athleticism Takao Noël showed with his acrobatic jumping skills when he first confronted Kairi. Very impressive.
yeah, I was like "wow, someone who does his own stunts... haven't seen that in a while."
AdamFTF
There are five lights!
There are five lights!

Post by AdamFTF »

Arigomi wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:40 pmIt seems like a foregone conclusion that Noël is connected to Arsène Lupin. Everything lines up. He's from France, he modifies Collection pieces, Good Striker knows about him, and he knows various things about the Ganglar that the teams don't.
He also acts just like Arsene Lupin. That whole "aloof but brazen" attitude is how Lupin would often act. He was the type of character who would get sent to prison, then tell the police that he let himself get caught because he needed a break and then inform them that he was going to break out in a few days. Then, he'd actually do it and nothing the police could do would be able to stop him.

Anyway, people are wondering why he revealed himself to be both a cop and a thief. What side he's really on. All that. Well, I personally think it's rather obvious. There are no sides. Well, there's the Ganglar side and the Sentais' side. But the thieves and police aren't on opposite sides. I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that Lupin's organization has infiltrated or is to some degree responsible for founding the Global Police. There is precedent for it. Towards the end of his career, Lupin often played the role of detective more often than the role of thief. The whole cops vs thieves thing is essentially some kind of con. Takao probably just doesn't see the point of playing along to that extent.
Nova
7X
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Nova »

I was hoping the extra rangers would be the missing colors on each team (although that would give us a super sentai with a lot of members again)
Gold/silver feels like such a standard new ranger.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

You're right, didn't we just see gold/silver with Jyuoh TheWorld?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I'm kind of sick of Gold as an extra ranger colour. I guess though having Gold and Silver works for one that switches between two colours.

Could have done Black and White though.

Return to “Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger”