Lupin VS Pat 21 Released!

Training up a future generation of criminals
Forum rules
LupinRanger VS PatRanger Wiki Link

< KyuuRanger | LupinRanger VS PatRanger | Ryusoulger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:39 am

☆☆☆☆☆
36%
☆☆☆☆
18%
☆☆☆
27%
☆☆
9%
9%

Total votes: 11
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Lupin VS Pat 21 Released!

Post by takenoko »

< Prev
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 3.87/ 5 (15 votes)

Alt Title: A secret agent man he is not

Kinda felt like Noël faking a fight with the LupinRangers could have been like the A plot to an A plot/B plot story, but by itself wasn't very satisfying. Can't say that a lot happened that interested me this time. Basically Noël's probably more on the phantom thieves' side, but he's still playing both sides, and realistically that's going to cause people to not trust him. I'm not really sure how much more they can milk out of Noël as he is now.

Good moments: Noël stopping himself by plunging his sword in the ground. Gauche arriving and being annoyed that the safe is in the water.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: Lupin VS Pat 21 Released!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

I'm wondering how long Noel can fool both the cops and robbers at the rate he's going and so far, not impressed with his wildcard tricks. But at the very least, he's making a stand against Jeeves. With all the faces he's made in front of Noel, that talk BETTER BE GOOD.

Fine, Gauche. You can summon podaman to swim at that dam for the MOTW's safe and grow it into a giant once it's dried. Seriously, girl, are you afraid of water?! What you're wearing ain't Runway material that could be ruined by water.

Seems the Collection Piece is from Fiveman. It's a dumbbell based off of FiveBlue's Twin Arrays.

Eh episode.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

Idk I just like the idea of the guy that trolls both sides. And apparently him and Jeeves do not exactly see eye to eye?
TorchWood
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Pirate Sentai GoKaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Special Operations Squadron Go-Busters
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Post by TorchWood »

Going from the TVN Wikipedia picture, I'm guessing that the "Je me change en pierre" is referencing either Dekaranger (specifically Murphy's special Key Bone) or Kyuranger (specifically Champ's dumbells).

Also, "Don't be late".... wasn't that part of the opening song for TQGer?
Something happening on a show turns into a board comment.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Hmmm, Champ's Barbell. But why the V on the side then?

Could be a reference to Toqger's song, but it might just be a generic train phrase.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I would have enjoyed it a lot more if Noel didn't let the Lupins know he'd beat their asses beforehand. It'd still be a half assed way of getting the Pats to trust him, but now we know he makes it seem even more faked.
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Engine Sentai Go-Onger

Post by CheetahLynx »

At this point we still don't know why Good Striker is afraid of Kogure, which is something that's been tipping us off since early episodes. Will we finally get an answer?
Wait. Noël got himself arrested last episode to get to GSPO Japan HQ more easily, but was able to get to Jurer no problem at all? Did the Pats tell him where it was? Did he get an Uber?
Finally, how come Gauche is hydrophobic. Considering the appearance of the portal she uses and her own theming, you'd think she'd be the complete opposite.

Sakuya headbutting the MOTW whose name I can't be bothered to remember was the highlight of the episode for me. Is that good or bad?
This Week's Lupin Collection
This week's Collection item is called "Je me change en pierre/I turn to stone".
It allows the user to turn their entire body into what appears to be metal, even though it's got the word 'stone' in its name. This means, of course, that the user is completely impenetrable, so you shouldn't go and headbutt him Sakuya!
Being indestructible can make you really cocky, something you shouldn't give into or your Collection item could be easily stolen by a sneaky thief.

It resembles the Twin Array, personal weapon of Hoshikawa Ken AKA FiveBlue from Chikyuu Sentai Fiveman. It's even got the Fiveman logo on it!
Its name is in reference to the song "Turn to Stone" by the Electric Light Orchestra (Pretty cool song IMO)

Image Image
Preview
So Sakuya goes to Noël for relationship advice. Considering he comes from France, land of love, that may be a bit racist from Sakuya. (Or am I overthinking the situation?)
I see Noël has his own giant robot that he hasn't used for some reason. I hope it's an actual reason and not just a plot device.
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Right now Noel is bugging me. This concept should be working a lot better than it actually is. Instead it feels like playing both sides is just a means to drawing things out.

But hey! At least we got more model footage.:)

Return to “Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger”