Lupin VS Pat 22 Released!

Training up a future generation of criminals
Forum rules
LupinRanger VS PatRanger Wiki Link

< KyuuRanger | LupinRanger VS PatRanger | Ryusoulger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:53 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
23%
☆☆☆☆
62%
☆☆☆
8%
☆☆
8%
No votes

Total votes: 13
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Lupin VS Pat 22 Released!

Post by takenoko »

< Prev
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 3.5/ 5 (10 votes)

Alt Title: Wingman Noël

I kind of enjoyed this one. Noël's growing to me now that we get to see him interact with the main characters in a normal way. It's kinda nice for it to be as simple as "You like this girl? I'll help you out, bro."

Can I say Luna called it:

I like the silly cartwheel that the robo does to switch modes, I'm not such a fan of the sparks flying out of it.

Wish Umika had more to do in the episode.

I wonder what'll happen to the people that Gauche took? I'm assuming they're going to die in her experiments and we'll never hear from them again, but it seems like such a specific plot point that Gauche wants to experiment on humans that hopefully it'll come back later on?

One small note, when Noel is telling Sakuya he can rely on him, just before Tsukasa shuts them up, does it seem like that was badly dubbed over? The sound quality is really bad and it looks nothing like Noel's lip movements.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Re: Lupin VS Pat 22 Released!

Post by takenoko »

Also here's me overthinking the three locations thing:

http://takkynoko.tumblr.com/post/175670 ... e-previous
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

So, the talk was a trade. Yeah, the way Kogure just made the trade with no terms after Noel quipped about his association with the thieves, his “I hope so” line after Noel assured that it’s all for the best, and the fact that he can just pull out a reclaimed Collection Piece from the book, they are all shady as frak tells.

Good job, Noel. Your wildcarding has gotten Umika in trouble. There is it: clenching your fist. This better open up more backstory. At the very least of a silver lining, not only did you admit to your mistake, you’ve given Sakuya even more help and determination to save Umika.

Brilliant introduction of X-Emperor.

The Collection Piece of the week is a Gosei Blaster with the Shark Headder equipped, which is why the MOTW is able to make a splash.

I didn’t order Iron Chef America for next week. I want Good Eats back!!
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Ah, thanks for the explanation for the Collection piece.

Noel's threat to Kogure isn't exactly subtle. If Kogure is doing something similar to Noel, but isn't helping the police then the only other real faction he must be helping is the Ganglars
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Enjoyed Noel a bit more this episode. His robot is pretty cool in motion as well. Think I like the Lupin form better than the Pat form though.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

X-Emperor's theme is pretty hype. Not quite as hype as PatKaiser's, but I like it.
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Engine Sentai Go-Onger

Post by CheetahLynx »

I totally knew they were going to use the Land of amour card for the "Noël as Cupid" deal.
During the time Umika was trapped in the fishbowl, I completely thought she was going to transform. Still waiting for the "big reveal".
TypicalStandUser wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:26 pmAt the very least of a silver lining
Pun intended?
This Week's Lupin Collection
This week's item is called "La pluie violette/Purple rain", which makes sense. The piece is purple after all.
It allows the user to shoot powerful jets of water from... i guess their mouth?

It resembles a Gosei Blaster with the Shark Headder attachment used by GoseiBlue/Hyde from Tensou Sentai Goseiger.
Its title is in reference to the song Purple Rain by Prince.
Image Image
Spoiler
It's Masterchef Ganglar!!
Also, maybe we'll learn more about the different types of Ganglars.
Side note, I just realized that 'Ganglar' seems to be a portmanteau of 'gang' and 'burglar'. Hmmm.
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

I'll never love X Emperor's design, in either form the sparks make just seem silly, which also doubles for the mode change by doing a cartwheel.

But I'm liking Noel, he helps a fella out with the shipping of Sakuya and Umika. Shamed that she friendzoned him but that's probably for the best.
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Kamen Rider Blade
Go Go!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Blade »

I'm still hoping for Sakuya X Umika at the end.

Maybe Noel x Tsukasa by the end.

I'm hoping Noel hits on Tsukasa and Tsukasa uses the opportunity to investigate Noel secretly by finding out his motives.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

No symmetrical docking?! poo!

was that a blimp or submarine Noel got from Kogure? i guess next time we see it itll have a trigger or a dail added.
Also i kind of wonder if we've seen Kogure as a Ganglar yet? perhaps Destra?
TorchWood
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Pirate Sentai GoKaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Special Operations Squadron Go-Busters
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Post by TorchWood »

Minor request: Can you take the photo that you posted for this episode and make it a splash for an upcoming episode?
Something happening on a show turns into a board comment.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

midorininger wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:38 pm Also i kind of wonder if we've seen Kogure as a Ganglar yet? perhaps Destra?
The fact that Kogure was shown having problems with hot tea suggests someone else.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I still have some nitpicks about the episode, but overall it was a solid outing. At Takenoko notes, it humanizes Noel a bit. Specifically, he finally fails at something and isn't perfect. Though as far as the acting goes, I think his excited chat with Sakuya was the most at ease the actor has ever been. Noel's regular delivery is not quite silted, but it's forced in order to play up his character attributes and outsider role. Whereas when he's going a mile a minute with Green, that feels a lot more human than anything else.

The plot of the episode was a little bit weird. Despite Umika being in this episode, she wasn't the focus of it. Rather it was a Sakuya + Noel bonding episode. So she kind of gets the short end of the stick here; the writers seem to be taking some effort to avoid making her the damsel in distress (despite being the driving force behind Sakuya's actions) by giving us a reason why she can't transform. Still, she ultimately is there to get rescued and then is gone for the rest of the episode. On the plus side, Gauche did get a bit more to do. She still gets called Naria-lite, and for good reason. But I like that despite being a loyal servant, she really does have the Don's favor.

And the material at least does Sakuya and Noel justice. Both feel bad, the former because that's in his character traits, and the other because he really was the unintentional cause of all of this.

I can't say I'm a fan of X Emperor though. The design of the mecha just seems too compromised to allow for the switching mechanic. He doesn't have a proper pair of hands in either form, and the train bits aren't exactly convincing weapons as replacements for hands. I'm suspicious at some level that all the sparks were meant to cover up for this. Now the cartwheel idea could have been cool, but I think it's spoiled by the use of CGI. If they could have somehow done it with models, then it would have been a very convincing transformation. Instead it feels like CGI is used to cheat. Which is a shame, because most of the other train footage has been done with models, and it looks fantastic as a result.

Speaking of action, I also liked the long take towards the end of the MOTW fight. This is the third(ish) one of they've done this season, and they always look great.:) That shot in particular also has me wondering how they pulled it off; it was clearly done on a small, portable camera, but it was very steady and they were able to go very high and very low with it. So I'm not sure if that was just gimbal antics or what.
midorininger wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:38 pmwas that a blimp or submarine Noel got from Kogure? i guess next time we see it itll have a trigger or a dail added.
That looked like a blimp to me - the streamlining and length are wrong for a sub - but it was a pretty quick glance.
resop2 wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:10 pm
midorininger wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:38 pm Also i kind of wonder if we've seen Kogure as a Ganglar yet? perhaps Destra?
The fact that Kogure was shown having problems with hot tea suggests someone else.
The Ice Man is certainly the strongest theory right now...
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

would ice bastard be Kogure? i mean now that its mentioned, it makes sense and works. and since Good Striker doesnt like him.
and while the streamlining might not make sense, its a "toy" sub lol but blimp huh? wonder what that will do for the Kaiser combos?
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Kogure isn't a Ganglar. If he was one, then Good Striker would have been able to smell him out a long time ago like he did with the invisible Ganglar.

Return to “Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger”