Lupin VS Pat 29 Released!

Training up a future generation of criminals
Forum rules
LupinRanger VS PatRanger Wiki Link

< KyuuRanger | LupinRanger VS PatRanger | Ryusoulger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:37 am

☆☆☆☆☆
30%
☆☆☆☆
20%
☆☆☆
50%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 10
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Lupin VS Pat 29 Released!

Post by takenoko »

< Prev
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 4.08 / 5 (12 votes)

Alt Title: Kei-chan learns nothing

A) Clip show

B) This was a chance to reset Kei's personality, but for noooo reason at all, they return to the status quo. The thieves have a point, Kei's a nut, he can still fight if a few problemsome memories are gone.

Some funny moments, but trudging through the rehash was a bit annoying.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Lupin VS Pat 29 Released!

Post by Lunagel »

Ughhhhh clip show. Good part: less to translate. Bad part: having to peck and hunt for all the old lines in the previous episodes. Not a horrible clip show, Goody was funny, but still, they always feel like such a waste of time.

Geez Keiichirou, racist much? Judging from the jacket Jim was holding, I'm guessing he was thinking of Eddie Murphy in Beverly Hills Cop. Which, okay, with the mustache he does look semi similar to.

Holy crap Sato Takeru shilling Pokemon Go! Badly! Corsola only spawns in the tropics between 31N and 26S, so there's no way it's from Germany! And the dude trades a region-exclusive for a fkking Caterpie?! Who okayed this commerical?!
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Say it ain't so, Sato! I thought you'd do ads for Yokai Watch world!

The Collection Piece of the Week is the Ichigan Buster from GoBusters... Why do I have a feeling that this piece is gonna be used to its max capabilities by someone sinister.

Eh recap episode. Keiichirou should've unlocked Crane's Boost form sooner.
Last edited by TypicalStandUser on Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Lunagel wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:42 am Holy crap Sato Takeru shilling Pokemon Go! Badly! Corsola only spawns in the tropics between 31N and 26S, so there's no way it's from Germany! And the dude trades a region-exclusive for a fkking Caterpie?! Who okayed this commerical?!
Neeeeerdddd!
Crimzonite
Mega

Post by Crimzonite »

Wait, why were the localized names of Pokemon used in the commercials? The previous Pocket Monsters commercials that you guys have subbed have always used the original names.
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

Depends on the translator. I prefer to use the localized names cause not everyone knows the Japanese ones.
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

The file size for the SD is >400MB??
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

At least some stuff happened, and we even got to see some equipment we haven't seen before.

But this clearly is what is called a "Lite" episode, with literally only Patren #1 making an appearance, some goons, Gauche, and a mutant goon. On top of that, there's very little original footage. Clearly this episode was meant to control the budget.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

While it was an average episode, it does reaffirm that Keichiro is my favourite character.
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

njb wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:19 am The file size for the SD is >400MB??
v2'd
GenBoy
Go Go!
Dreamy: Momochi Kasumi
Favorite Actor?: Sammo Hung
Favorite Band: Linkin Park
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: ~Searching~
Quote: Every technology ages, John. The only thing that never gets old is connecting with people.

Post by GenBoy »

Dengar wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:31 am But this clearly is what is called a "Lite" episode, with literally only Patren #1 making an appearance, some goons, Gauche, and a mutant goon. On top of that, there's very little original footage. Clearly this episode was meant to control the budget.
1. the economy effect of employing full cg on Good Feeling Kaiser VSX, maybe? or
2. preparing the budget for another Gold Safe MOTW fight?
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

Literally nothing but recap. Regardless, Kei-chan using Crane Drill whip was so awesome. Yeah.
Spoiler
Next episode literal title: Lupin Red always prevail for new VS vehicle. Patran Ichigou is just a butt monkey who always lose with Lupin Red

Dang it. I thought I be seeing Ichigou and Red work in one WhatKaiser but it was literally Red stealing Trigger Machine Splash. No wonder it's called LupinKaiser Splash Magic rather than PatKaiser Splash Magic. Come on man, Pats hardly had any new VS vehicle after Crane and Drill plus with the Keisatsu Boost late debut. Now you all giving it to the Phantom Thieves? Oh great, I'm so done with this series making me, a fan of Pats become awfully jealous that the competitor side got more upgrade by two step ahead (Plus with the magazine catalogue literally not showing any upgrades to the Pats but Lupins and X. X don't count. He's an unloyal double agent). I will put this series on hiatus list to watch for a whole semester. The end :x :x :x :x :x :x
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

-2 points for being a clip show.

+1 point for at least making it a dramatic episode rather than a bunch of bad comedy

+1 point for the great untransformed fighting scenes we got in this episode. Even if they were short, they were more (& more involved) than at least 4 regular episodes put together. It's neat to see the actual actors doing stunts.

As an aside, this is the second series to include a night BBQ on the Toei roof in a month. Methinks someone held a rooftop party earlier this summer...
TypicalStandUser wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:12 am Eh recap episode. Keiichirou should've unlocked Crane's Boost form sooner.
-1 point for Crane Boost form's being so damn ugly. This show takes some liberties to reduce the VS vehicles to useful human-sized attachments. But that was straight-up a crane as an arm. It was large and as awkward as all heck. If we never see it again, I'm okay with that.
Lunagel wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:42 amHoly crap Sato Takeru shilling Pokemon Go! Badly! Corsola only spawns in the tropics between 31N and 26S, so there's no way it's from Germany! And the dude trades a region-exclusive for a fkking Caterpie?! Who okayed this commerical?!
Clearly not someone from the Pokemon Company. Though nothing about this is surprising as far as PR firms go; they are not the smartest bunch.
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

is it patren or patran? /slightly confused.
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

Sinkuu wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:47 am is it patren or patran? /slightly confused.
Both.

"Ranger" is written レンジャー (renjyaa) in Japanese so it's pronounced "ren" but as the original word is spelled with an a, we use that in our subs. Either is technically correct.

Return to “Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger”