Lupin VS Pat 34 Released!

Training up a future generation of criminals
Forum rules
LupinRanger VS PatRanger Wiki Link

< KyuuRanger | LupinRanger VS PatRanger | Ryusoulger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:00 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
53%
☆☆☆☆
24%
☆☆☆
12%
☆☆
6%
6%

Total votes: 17
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Lupin VS Pat 34 Released!

Post by takenoko »

< Prev
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 3.92 / 5 (12 votes)

Alt Title: Trapped in yo mind

Pretty fun episode. It's good to see the Lupins interact with people and all that good stuff.

Putting off revealing Noel's backstory is starting to hurt him as a character. Are they really saving up a good twist with his secret, or are they just doing this because they're being lazy about characterizing him? Shall we start taking bets on whether Noel's secret is worth it or not?

Lupin Magnum is pretty boring so far. I thought for sure it'd give them a new outfit or some kind of protector at least. I mean, it could even just be a special cape that is swappable for whoever is holding the gun.

Does Komura Junko really not know Kerberos ends in an s. Even if she were basing it off Ceberus, that also ends in an s...
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: Lupin VS Pat 34 Released!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Striker gets the thieves to the cave where Arsene hid his handcannon. Noel’s there too… Shit… The handcannon’s trap unleashes mindscrews upon people that can only be reversed by terminating the past and accepting the life of elegant plundering. Convenient that we don’t get to see Noel’s mindscrew moment.

If the handcannon's that powerful, it must've been in the hands of someone worse before Arsene stole it, maybe Dogranio. If anything, one can make the case that the handcannon helped Arsene steal from the Ganglars and establish the Collection. There better be a fleshed out backstory on this legendary run.

Poor Pats, another sidelined episode.

The Collection Piece of the Week is the Tensouder from Goseiger with references of the Moai head statues. Like the shoutouts to GoBusters (GUERIS LE MONDE because it's a plot point/The Sougan Blade piece and the Ichigan Buster piece), this is the 2nd Collection Piece from a Sentai series since the Gosei Blaster piece was shown in a previous episode. Seems the Tensouder piece is casting the Defenstone card from the main series.

Why are you interested in Kairi obtaining the handcannon, Jeeves??? I hope I can find out what you’re REALLY up to next week.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I thought the gun fight between the Pats and the monster of the week while the LVSP were on their mystic quest was pretty good. But yeah, not much air time for them this week.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

I loved that the MOTW is based off the guard dog of Hell in Greek myth and his voice actor is Inada Tetsu, who is also the voice actor for the Guard dog of Hell Doggie Kruger from Dekaranger.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

No kidding? I totally missed that. /me adds to the wiki
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

They even got him to slip in his catch phrase. Considering its one of his two most iconic roles, thank goodness they did.

Are the Pats ever going to get Splash back? I wonder if they they just decided to give the Lupins all the toys from now on so the kids buy them?
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Creepy Kogure at the end is creepy.

Too bad this is a kids show. If this was aimed at a more adult audience they could run a fairly long angle where Umika and Tooma start to doubt Kairi's commitment to getting their important people back (as opposed to stealing for the sake of stealing), finally leading to Kairi turning on them until Umika and Tooma are able to steal Kairi's heart back.

For example, in the first episode of the arc you could have Umika nearly get captured by the pat rangers when she gets pinned by debris while saving some kids. Kairi gets mad at her for jeopardizing their mission but Tooma takes her side saying that Umika's life is hers to throw away if she wants.

Then you could have an episode where some punk decides to pick on Kairi and Kairi not only beats him up but robs him for good measure. This horrifies Umika and Tooma who would never steal anything other than Lupin Collection pieces.

You could even have an episode where Tsukasa catches Kairi shoplifting and makes him apologize and pay the store back triple. Tsukasa and Umika could have a discussion where Tsukasa's words inadvertently tear at Umika's heart since they could apply to more than shoplifting.

Anyway: a Kudo (Umika) Haruka video. Even though she wasn't the lead singer of her idol group (she was a leader in stage plays though) she left the group on good terms so they basically gave her her own single as a graduation present (with lots of "do" spam):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQmLjcLfVbo
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

This is getting clear that Kogure had some conspiracy and Kairi obtaining Lupin Magnum speed things up for it.

Jigoku no banken, Doggie Kruger. It felt a bit weird hearing that again from mere villains.

Are they out of props and idea that they had to use an item from the same sentai again? Last thing I remember we had that MagiPhone and Ichigan Buster from Magiranger and Go-Busters respectively. I know that Guris lo monde was not stolen yet but we already got Magi Lamp in episode 7. Not even KyuuRangers or Jetman items made their debut yet.

Some speculate Noel wants Arsene back but that may not be the case. Regardless, Noel's secret may just be plain boring

Poor Pats, sideline again for this week and probably next week too. Splash may not get into their hands on lomg term. Are they lazy enough on CGI that they had to turn Splash upwards like Dial Fighters, I feel sick watching most youtubers do that too with the toy version.

I just really wish they made an episode where two Lupins and 1 Pat/1 Lupin and 2 Pats work together in a LupinKaiser/PatKaiser using their basic mecha, like in Episode 18, which that is not intentional.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I don't know. This was an okay episode. But that it was essentially written around a toy gun is a bit off-putting.

I mean I get that that's what Sentai is at the end of the day - a 30 minute toy commercial - but it's usually not so obvious. Especially not 34 episodes in. And as Takenoko notes, other than being a genuine hand cannon, the gun doesn't even do anything all that cool.:(

And can we please get to Jeeves' evil plan already? This has been taking far too long. (It would be okay if other things were happening in the middle; but they aren't)
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

ViRGE wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:07 am
And can we please get to Jeeves' evil plan already? This has been taking far too long. (It would be okay if other things were happening in the middle; but they aren't)
in my opinion, if they reveal this secret-plan-of-Kogure soon, the story is no more to develop within 48-50 episodes of series. So they just put back main story and make many "rest" episodes to focus on characters. This is weakness of this series, too many "rest" episodes. Maybe from episode 40, we will see how the main story will continue...
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

We need it though. The main Ganglars are up to fuck all.

Part of what makes a great Sentai Season great is that the villains have actual motivation and are enjoyable to watch. The Shadow Line was the last time I feel we had this. The Don and Destra have done fuck all, and Gauche just reminds me of whatever the monster grower from Zyuohger was. Zamigo has been in a handful of episodes and has also done sweet fuck all as well.
windfall
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by windfall »

I was also expecting the new toy to do something more exciting, like a power up form.

This season really feels like they forgot to come up with any real plot points so we're now on episode 34 and still doing the exact same things as before.
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

Catastrophe wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:42 am We need it though. The main Ganglars are up to fuck all.

Part of what makes a great Sentai Season great is that the villains have actual motivation and are enjoyable to watch. The Shadow Line was the last time I feel we had this. The Don and Destra have done fuck all, and Gauche just reminds me of whatever the monster grower from Zyuohger was. Zamigo has been in a handful of episodes and has also done sweet fuck all as well.
The villain of LuPat exactly the same with Zyuohger (same main writer Komura Junko): Dogranio is another Ginis; Destra is combination of Kubar and Azard; Gauche is another Naria, and Zamigo maybe is another Bangray.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

Yeash. Someone call MagiShine, cause this episode got dark real fast.

Seriously, I kinda expected that they'd have to shoot their way out of the illusion (it's the Lupin Magnum after all) but having to shoot your girlfriend/best friend/brother? Christ that hurt to see.

And so we get our usual mid-season power Up, and I find myself liking how brutal it's finisher is. It's a fires a minigun that drills through the enemy. Can't really top that. Now to see if the PatRangers get one.

Also, I'm glad it was explained earlier in the series that shooting Gauche doesn't matter. It works so well for this series and for the Ganglars as a whole.

I think we've been speculating this for a minute, but
Spoiler
I feel that Kogure and Noel both have more business with the Ganglars than we expected. I'm banking on that Kogure is a hidden general and Noel is someone's son.
Next episode Spoilers
Spoiler
LupinMaginumKnight Sanjou! (Note, I don't know if this is the official name for the collection piece.
It just fits to me.)
KRMonkey
Go Go!
Quote: ...dynamic chop!
Type: INFP Healer

Post by KRMonkey »

Huge missed opportunity, given Toei's seeming love for English-seque wordplay: when Tooma retrieves the Collection piece, he *really* should've said, "Gotcha!"

Return to “Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger”