Just call the show LupinRanger

Training up a future generation of criminals
Forum rules
LupinRanger VS PatRanger Wiki Link

< KyuuRanger | LupinRanger VS PatRanger | Ryusoulger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Just call the show LupinRanger

Post by Kuchiri »

It's still a trigger machine and will most likely get it in some sort of agreement between the Reds. Since it was an agreement of the reds that gave Lupin splash.
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Fat D »

ViRGE wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:54 pm
kangchan wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:46 pm In term of Phantom Thief, their rival should be Detective, not Police. Like Persona 5 or Detective Conan, the polices in these series are useless and depend on Detective. If Lupinranger VS Detectiveranger, the show would be better.
Unfortunately we've already had Detectiveranger. That was Dekaranger.
Deka were police as well. I do not think we had a PI sentai team (which would come closest to Conan's role). We did have a PI rider.
Kuchiri wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:14 am It's still a trigger machine and will most likely get it in some sort of agreement between the Reds. Since it was an agreement of the reds that gave Lupin splash.
That is the thing. The item that was supposed to balance out Lupin's Magic was given to Lupin as well, even though it was obviously meant for the Pats.
kangchan wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:46 pm Just the trick of Toei - TV Asahi to attract audiences for the show by use the term "Versus", but the show not really VS, not same as "Rider Wars" in Kamen Rider.
I do not get why the versus thing is so popular both in Sentai and Rider teamup specials. Heroes should fight villains, not each other. It seems Toei is always looking for new ways to turn the teams against each other, only to be resolved with some handwave of "it was all a misunderstanding" or "they were just trying to trick the real bad guys" in the end.

As for my feelings toward LvsP, I quite like the Lupinranger focus because I ike the Lupinrangers. But yes, the title misrepresents their relative roles a bit.
Xivitai
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

Post by Xivitai »

ShepardRahl wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:09 pm Yeah it's entertaining.
Nah, it's gets old very fast: Patrangers fight the Ganglar, Lupinrangers swoop in, take collection piece without effort while humiliating cops in process, kill monster/let Patrangers kill it. Almost every single episode. The best episode was when Patren #1 killed Ganglar before LupinRed could take the relic, pity that monster actually faked it's death, it would add some meaning to conflict...
That's why I dropped it like 10 episodes ago, because I lost my hopes for it to get any good. Lupinrangers are annoying af (even Jyuoh TheWorld did not annoy me as much as these guys), and Patrangers are treated as comic relief.
P.S. I really hope that Lupinrangers will get nothing from recovering Collection, they did not deserve it.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

Kuchiri wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:24 pm I will say we know as much about the Pats as we do the Lupins. There have been really good Pat exclusive episodes. We mostly know all of their backstories and their driving forces. We also know the people that inspired them. The difference is they didn't lose the people that inspired them the same way the Lupins did. They also fit their personalities very well and they all have a hobby/hobbies. All six has had an episode that focused on the people that inspired them.

1. LupinRed has his brother, who inspired him to take up Basketball. Carefree cool/slacker attitude hiding some pent up anger. That's basically it from all of his centric episodes we know about him and his past.
2. LupinBlue has his fiance, who inspired him to take up Cooking. Calm and stoic attitude hiding his pain and guilt.
3. LupinYellow has her best friend (Maybe Girlfriend), who inspired her to take up Designing clothing. Joyful and Extroverted attitude hiding her depressed and introverted self.
4. PatRan #1 has his idol, the officer who he aspired to be. His hobby is Music. With a hotheaded hardworking attitude hiding his over-caring heart. He knows he can't care about other things than his job, it will make him not work as hard on it.
5. PatRan #3 (Who honestly should be #2....) has her grandfather. Who inspired her to be a strong independent woman who won't shy away from kicking a creep's ass. She collects plushies and has an serious attitude trying to hide the fact she wants to swoon over girly stuff.
6. PatRan #2 has the other two Pats as his idols. He said it himself in the genderswap episode, he looks up to both of them and is excited every day to work with them. He is actually the only one of the main six who isn't hiding his true attitude. He is goofy, dim, and caring. With the ability to get serious when he needs to be. His hobby is shooting, even though he doesn't take it as seriously as the others take their hobbies aside from LupinRed.

I mean it might feel like we are getting more Lupin background episodes. It might be because they are more interesting. They even have the same amount of toys.
1. They each have a melee weapon. (The weird sword, grabber thingy for the Lupins. The Batons with the megaphone for the Pats.)
2. They each have the same amount of trigger machines and dial fighters. The count is at 6 for each. (Red, Blue, Yellow, Chopper, Jet, Magic) (#1, #2, #3, Biker, Crane, Splash) Both Jet and Crane being two machines in one. Jet, Crane, Splash, and Magic also give extra weapons to the LuPats. (Even X is equal. Two trains are Patranger themed, the other two are Lupinranger themed.)
3. The only thing right now that the Lupins have over the Pats is Lupin Magnum. Which just premiered. With how the rest have been shown. There might be a Patranger Power Weapon coming soon.
I guess after episode 36 I can make an amendment to this. It seems #2 is hiding some depression. He is still Goofy, Dim, and Caring but that doesn't mean he doesn't sit at home alone being sad about not being as good as #1 or #3.

If I were to include X into this. We actually know nothing about him. We don't know who inspired him. We know his hobby is inventing. We don't know what he is hiding. We are down to the final 12-15 episodes. I wouldn't doubt that the second to final arc is going to be all Noel.

To people complaining that every episode has the pats fight the ganglar and the lupins steal the item while making the pats look like idiots... the plot would've been over long ago if the Pats were able to kill a monster without the lupins taking the collection piece. It's the central point to the plot.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>To people complaining that every episode has the pats fight the ganglar and the lupins steal the item while making the pats look like idiots... the plot would've been over long ago if the Pats were able to kill a monster without the lupins taking the collection piece. It's the central point to the plot.

I don't think it necessarily is so, and this episode shows it.

Return to “Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger”