Lupin VS Pat 43 Released!

Training up a future generation of criminals
Forum rules
LupinRanger VS PatRanger Wiki Link

< KyuuRanger | LupinRanger VS PatRanger | Ryusoulger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:47 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
67%
☆☆☆☆
25%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
8%
No votes

Total votes: 12
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Lupin VS Pat 43 Released!

Post by takenoko »

< Prev
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 4.71 / 5 (14 votes)

Alt Title: Called it

So Noel isn't human. Looks like for better or worse, we get some pay off for Noel being mysterious this whole time.

Not too sure how to take the rest of this episode though. The Lupins being too shocked to fight creates an opportunity for the Pats to step in, that's good. But what else do the Pats do? They're reunited with Satoru, but something seems off about him. Tsukasa noticing that Satoru has has fundamental changes (eating chocolate despite not liking sweets) is a bad sign. Also, Noel is laughably framed.

Who wants to bet that if Noel took two sentences to explain himself, his Pat friends would step between Satoru and himself and there'd be no conflict. Instead, Satoru steals Kei's gun and openly fires on Noel. Again, we'll have to wait till the next episode to see if all that set up pays off.

Meanwhile, it feels like Satoru is a bit wasted here. If it's really him, we really seem to have lost the the smart and easygoing guy that acted as a calming force on Kei. It would have been nice if there were some character moments, but instead, Satoru feels more like he's just a tool for moving the story forward.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: Lupin VS Pat 43 Released!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Well that was somber. For some guy to be a "professional" in preserving the Collection, it was easy to tell that Noel was more than just some wildcard parkour prince from the Lupin Family. But for him to be a manner of otherworldly creature... Somber, man.

Striker's friendship with Noel was a clue all along. Wildcards can't have actual friends yet they've known each other for so long.

The Ex-Nigou returns. And of course, he suspects Noel and has made friction with Keiichirou. Huh. I do agree that he's weird here.

The Collection Pieces of the Week are as follows: What the thieves were supposed to get was Abarekiller’s Wing Pentact from Abaranger. In it's place, the MOTW got a Super Five Ball from Fiveman, with FiveRed’s visor in place of the team's V logo.

If anything, this episode is Dogranio's opportunity for revenge. Gauche bringing in the Wham might only be the beginning.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

In the spirit of the April 1 sub, I thought we should have had a subtitle "Dramatic Rain" at the end.

This was definitely a stuff hitting the fan episode, a good follow up to the semi-climax episode last time. One general is down, but now every one is at every one's throats.

I guess the Lupin's didn't blast Gauche when she was monster growing because they were in shock?

If they had a .5 episode for LvsP they would all be in a circle with Good Striker trying to get them to talk about their feelings.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

It's rather obvious that Satoru isn't who he claims to be. If the twist isn't that he's a Ganglar in disguise, I'd be pretty surprised. That said, I didn't see the twist of Noel not being human coming! I was worried it was going to just be a half-hearted lie from Gauche until Goodie confirmed it. Though I'm sure the ultimate answers regarding Noel won't be amazing or anything, I'm still looking forward to what's to come.

The frame job is rather lackluster, though I did really like the brief bit of agility on display as Noel was running away. And Victory Lupin Striker looks significantly better without Splash and Magic.

I can't help but feel bad for this Ganglar of the week, getting hounded and beaten up by everyone. Yeah, he implies he was looking forward to causing trouble. But since we don't actually see him do much of anything bad, it's hard to feel like he deserved getting hunted down and annihilated like that. I'll just pretend that he was using his first collection piece to destroy the bicycles of children everywhere.

We've probably reached the point of the show where the major story beats are going to keep coming, it seems. I had resigned myself to the current pacing up until recently, which gave the sense that it would just be mostly episodic adventures until near the end, so it's nice to see things shaking up even if only a little.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

So the old Pat 2 is definitely going to be a Ganglar. My thought was Noel was a Ganglar but notice that Gauche and Goodie only ever refer to him as not being human.

I wonder if he's an animated piece of the collection like Goodie?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Catastrophe wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:04 am I wonder if he's an animated piece of the collection like Goodie?
That was my thought as well, especially considering the conversation he and Kogure had in the previous episode
Kamen Rider Blade
Go Go!
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Blade »

That's what I was thinking, he was a living piece of the collection like "Goodie" but more capable
TypicalStandUser
Save the life

If next week proves the fears of Satoru not being "himself", I expect Zamigo to be around. Zamigo's also responsible for the leaks. I.E: The Cyclone and Biker VS Vehicles before the Rangers officially used them in field.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

Lunagel wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:36 am
Catastrophe wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:04 am I wonder if he's an animated piece of the collection like Goodie?
That was my thought as well, especially considering the conversation he and Kogure had in the previous episode
Noel being non-human, nobody actually expect that. He was a collection piece that gain human form is also possible too, even if they only mentioned him not being human. Speaking of which, didn't Igasaki Yoshitaka used End Shuriken just to be alive in present time? Maybe Noel had some similar logic to it? And more importantly, did Komura originally planned this? Well, whatever it is, Satoru being a Ganglar in disguise is quite high. We can even deduce he was the one who puts the calling card, with Noel's picture included instead of just pieces of characters from newspapers on a blank card for Tokageil. The possibility that he was the one who leak info regarding Anidara's safe (the black sheep ganglar that grown big in Episode 18) is possible. I mean, Zamigo was more of the Ganglar's info breaker about human high organisations while theoretically, Satoru was the info collector that had become the insider. If he's not a Ganglar in disguise, that would be extremely another unexpected twist like Noel not being human.

Likewise, I think Victory LupinKaiser with normal dial fighters are better than Trigger Machine Splash and Magic Dial Fighter. Anyway, I like this episode because it is the starting towards the endgame, at least in theory, even if it is just a small step. Having both team core members doubting their respective fourth (seventh as VS Sentai) ally in the bottom depth is what everyone was waiting for.

I wonder what Kei-chan would do? Well, I look forward what he and Pats would think about Noel more than the Lupins does. Furthermore, Siren Patkaiser also made their debut. (PS: Hot-Blooded Characters are my favourite and Kei-chan is one of them).
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

TypicalStandUser wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:53 pm The Collection Pieces of the Week are as follows: What the thieves were supposed to get was Abarekiller’s Wing Pentact from Abaranger. In it's place, the MOTW got a Super Five Ball from Fiveman, with FiveRed’s visor in place of the team's V logo.
ok, I gotta ask, where'd you get the info on the first piece?
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger

Now, count up your sins!

Post by hiro9796 »

Sinkuu wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:46 pm
TypicalStandUser wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:53 pm The Collection Pieces of the Week are as follows: What the thieves were supposed to get was Abarekiller’s Wing Pentact from Abaranger. In it's place, the MOTW got a Super Five Ball from Fiveman, with FiveRed’s visor in place of the team's V logo.
ok, I gotta ask, where'd you get the info on the first piece?
I know I'm not the person to answer this but I think, at least for the Wing Pentact, even anyone who had watched either Abaranger or Power Rangers Dino Thunder can tell from which series it comes from even if they do not remember its name. As for the ball like thing from Fiveman, that would be more on doing quick research from ranger wiki by flipping through Sentai arsenal pages. Perhaps someone already done it first and then post on twitter on something. If I am not mistaken, I think Lunagel or someone else posted some twitter link about a twitter user comparing the Collectiona with items from past Sentai series but I cannot remember for which episode on Lupin VS Pat forum that was posted.

That aside, I think that's the wing pentact and Super Five Ball would be the second Collection from Abaranger and Fiveman respectively. The first ones were Tyrannosaurus Dino Bracer and Twin Array (Dumbbell like collection).

If you are asking how that Wing Pentact supposedly be the first collection belonged to this MOTW, the proof is that Touma was holding a picture of it.
Last edited by hiro9796 on Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life

Sinkuu wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:46 pmok, I gotta ask, where'd you get the info on the first piece?
Watch the episode, stop at timestamp 06:19.
Kamen Rider Blade
Go Go!
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Blade »

There's not way Noel would be that dumb to plaster his face all over the Gift Card. Seriously, if he was a evil master mind pretending to be a good guy, that would be the most moronic thing for him to do.

The only obvious answer with the given clues is that the original Nigou is a fake / imposter Ganglar who snuck in based on crummy info.

Why else would he make such a basic mistake of liking sweets when the original in the past didn't like sweets.

The only way that Satoru knew where Tokageil & Noel would be is if he was the one who setup the meeting time himself.
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

TypicalStandUser wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:42 am
Sinkuu wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:46 pmok, I gotta ask, where'd you get the info on the first piece?
Watch the episode, stop at timestamp 06:19.
ah, derp. didn't even click when I saw that. well played, sir. /bow
hiro9796
TQG
TQG

Now, count up your sins!

Post by hiro9796 »

Touma mentioned something about having familiarity with this Ganglar. Can't say this is true but the possibility is high. The shirt maybe different but the red jacket looked similar.

https://twitter.com/KimiSubarashi/statu ... 6530952193

Return to “Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger”