Lupin VS Pat 45 Released!

Training up a future generation of criminals
Forum rules
LupinRanger VS PatRanger Wiki Link

< KyuuRanger | LupinRanger VS PatRanger | Ryusoulger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:28 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
54%
☆☆☆☆
31%
☆☆☆
8%
☆☆
8%
No votes

Total votes: 13
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Lupin VS Pat 45 Released!

Post by takenoko »

LOL, she's not gas lighting you, they skip New Years every year. Everyone's busy with holiday and family stuff.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

ViRGE wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:03 am
Is it my imagination, or did Sentai not used to get preempted over New Year's? I feel like we've had some (generally fillerish) episodes on New Year's week in some years. Either way, with the holiday taking place mid-week, I'm a bit surprised they'd preempt so much programming on a Sunday.
[/quote]

In recent years New Year's programming has gotten really over the top and ridiculous since a lot of people are home and just not moving out of doors so they know they've got a captive audience. Some of the best stuff is New Year's only and I can honestly say I'm having trouble because there are 4 programs I want to watch all going at the same time and my recording device only does 2 at once. The 31st/1st is of course the climax of it all but anything after the 28th is usually preempted for NY stuff.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Also in Japan, New Year's Day >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Christmas. Over there, Christmas is more like Valentine's Day where couples go all romantic for one night.
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Fat D »

takenoko wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:28 pm as the secondary antagonist
You got that right. The Pats, Kei first and foremost, are more antagonists to the Lupin stars than protagonists of the show.
arromdee wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:34 pm All they need is for someone to say "hey, it's supposed to be turkey" since they're almost there already.)
Goose all the way. Silly Americans eating turkey for every feast.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

While I know that people here don't like clips shows, this might be an occasion where one would make sense: Have the Pats go one on one with the Jurer crew (Kei vs Kairi, Tsukasa vs Touma, and Sayaka vs Umika) and lay out their suspicions with flashbacks. It wouldn't have to be more that 1/4 of the show, but it would give the show a police procedural show feel. It would also make it look like the Pats are competent and they were carefully observing the clues all along but did want to act until the clues added up to a conclusion.

Some examples: "Kairi, where did you pick up the phrase 'arigachu'? Is that from some anime?"
"Umika, that's a nice perfume you are wearing. Do you use it often?"
"Touma, I was curious if you have had firearms training, your shooting in the Ganglar world was impressive. I probably would have died if you weren't so good."
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:43 am LOL, she's not gas lighting you, they skip New Years every year. Everyone's busy with holiday and family stuff.
Oh I know she's not. I just swear we used to have clip shows on New Year's. (Not that am lamenting fewer clip shows)
Lunagel wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:50 am In recent years New Year's programming has gotten really over the top and ridiculous since a lot of people are home and just not moving out of doors so they know they've got a captive audience. Some of the best stuff is New Year's only and I can honestly say I'm having trouble because there are 4 programs I want to watch all going at the same time and my recording device only does 2 at once. The 31st/1st is of course the climax of it all but anything after the 28th is usually preempted for NY stuff.
Thanks Luna. Now you've piqued my curiosity: just what is on TV in Japan on Sunday? And what makes it so good? :shock:
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

ViRGE wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:49 pm
takenoko wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:43 am LOL, she's not gas lighting you, they skip New Years every year. Everyone's busy with holiday and family stuff.
Oh I know she's not. I just swear we used to have clip shows on New Year's. (Not that am lamenting fewer clip shows)
Lunagel wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:50 am In recent years New Year's programming has gotten really over the top and ridiculous since a lot of people are home and just not moving out of doors so they know they've got a captive audience. Some of the best stuff is New Year's only and I can honestly say I'm having trouble because there are 4 programs I want to watch all going at the same time and my recording device only does 2 at once. The 31st/1st is of course the climax of it all but anything after the 28th is usually preempted for NY stuff.
Thanks Luna. Now you've piqued my curiosity: just what is on TV in Japan on Sunday? And what makes it so good? :shock:
The clip show is generally the first episode after Christmas. ToQger it aired on the 28th, but normally it's in the New Year. Hell, the next episode here looks like a clip show.

Remember as well, it's not just about the fact it's the New Year. It also gives Toei a breather in production.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Ack, I think the forum ate my post.

I was going to say that I think there's a bunch of specials that air. Like the red/white singing contest. The international channel used to broadcast it around new years.

But y eah, I was looking back and it's been a while since they had a sentai air on new year's week. Remember when Ninninger went off for two weeks? I do remember the clip show new y ear's episodes though, like MegaRanger had a good one.

Seems like the last Sentai to air on New Year's was Shinkenger. And that was freaking dumb because it was an important episode: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Shinkenger_Act_44
TorchWood
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Pirate Sentai GoKaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Special Operations Squadron Go-Busters
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Post by TorchWood »

This episode felt one of those whacked Japanese comedy episodes. After some of the serious and intense past few episodes, though, I can understand why they decided to go light hearted. It beats some of the recent Christmas flashback episodes... but then we get flashbacks next week.... errr.... two weeks.
Something happening on a show turns into a board comment.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

ViRGE wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:49 pm
Well, let's see. Preempting SHT is Osamu Hayashi's Ima Desho! Lessons which appears to be teaching you about coffee and onions. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

During prime-time we've got the Japan Record Awards, a 4.5 hour special of "Trick Awards" which is basically grabbing B-list celebrities and doing weird stuff like whipped cream bazooka or elevators with floors that drop out of them, Ame Talk 5 hour special, which I'm gonna watch cause they always do the "horrible reflex comedians" where they try to do simple stuff like make a layup or do a running jump and fail spectacularly. Please watch a short clip on YouTube because it is side-splitting hilarious. The 3 hour special of "Japanese techniques will save the world" where craftsmen repair stuff that's been deemed irreparable, followed by Takeshi's New Seven Mysteries where Beat Takeshi talks about Pharaoh Khufu. (???)

That is just the 30th.

31st has the 69th Kohaku (red/white) singing contest (4.5 hours), Sasuke&Boxing world title match (6 hours), "Don't Laugh Treasure Hunter Special"(5 hours), Yoiko Deserted Island 0 Yen Survival (with Arino-san, 5.5 hours), and The Lonely Gourmet 2018 Special (1.5 hours).
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

takenoko wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:28 pm < Prev
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 4.42 / 5 (12 votes)

Alt Title: Joyeux Noel
That said, I have mixed feelings about Kei being the one to discover the Phantom Thieves' identities. That really should have been a Tsukasa win, as the smartest one in the group. However, as the secondary antagonist, it makes sense for Kei to discover it, since he'll stir up the most drama from it.
To be fair, she was the one who figured out it was them the first time. I'm pretty sure she still has an inkling that they're the Lupinranger, especially after seeing Touma shoot so well. Knowing her, she'll probably question Noel when Kei mentions this next episode.

Speaking of Noel, he knows that the Ganglar are using humans Zamigo captured as disguises. But, did he tell Kairi and the others this yet? Because I'm sure they'd have a few choice thoughts about that.
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force

Return to “Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger”