Lupin VS Pat 47 Released!

Training up a future generation of criminals
Forum rules
LupinRanger VS PatRanger Wiki Link

< KyuuRanger | LupinRanger VS PatRanger | Ryusoulger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:08 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
50%
☆☆☆☆
30%
☆☆☆
20%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 10
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Lupin VS Pat 47 Released!

Post by takenoko »

< Prev
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 4 / 5 (13 votes)

Alt Title: Detective Sakuya on the trail

So the first half was good, then, yeah...

It wouldn't be fun to have a secret identity if you didn't have people coming close to discovering it. And we get to see more of Umika and Sakuya, which is always great. I like the portrayal of Tooma has being an overconcerned parent (although maybe he was just worried that their secret would get leaked?)

The second half is where this episode kind of falls down for me. The Zamigo fight felt like filler as a way to remove the Lupins from the battle with Gauche.

Noel really just hands himself to Gauche doesn't he? Like, it's stupid that the three PatRangers are standing up and having a conversation, and that Noel has the time to hand over all his gear. (I burst out laughing when they showed Tsukasa with an armful of toys)

Kind of a weird set up. But for once, I appreciated Noel's nonsensical jargon regarding the Ganglar safes. Status gold physical defense for the boss? I don't know what that means, but it sounds exciting!
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: Lupin VS Pat 47 Released!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Sakuya, dude... Enough. You won't find the truth you like about Umika at this rate.

It’s the two strongest Ganglars VS our Rangers. And Gauche and Zamigo wins them. Zamigo’s using the Chozetsu Shuriken piece for liquid invulnerability, while Gauche is using the Byakkoshinken piece to her advantage.

Then Noel spills the beans to the Pats about his true self and gives himself up to Gauche in place of the Pats.

Dogranio’s Status Gold safe has an extra tier? So those chains in his safe are not for show?

OK episode. Hope the next one will hurt Sakuya's fragile heart.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Status Gold Physical Defense mean that they need to destroy the chain before opening it, but I think most people already guessed that.

It's funny the way the Lupinrangers are shown in the preview for the "making a vow" scene taking a half of a circle, like if three others would be there as well, like the Patrangers. I would love that if they did, especially since the preview imply that the Lupins would reveal their identities.
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

when I went to snag the torrent for 47 HD, I got 47, the 47 commercials, and 46v2. it noticed I had 46 v2 already, so it skipped that. but felt I should let ya know.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh crumbs. Releasing a v2 to replace the episode 46 with the junction. Sorry about that!
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

FYI, Byakkoshinken is known as "Coupe de Gateau", or Cake Cutter.... I got nothing.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Spoiler
Given this show's general "fuck the audience" approach to things, I wouldn't be surprised if their identities don't actually get exposed next week. They've faked us out more than once already.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I totally forgot that the Pats didn't know Noel wasn't human. That whole scene was hamfisted.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

We've had very few episodes with any real Sakuya focus where it isn't being done for comedy. So I really appreciate this episode, where he gets to be straight and honest, if a bit naive. The poor boy is going to get his heart broken, but it's still a more dignified position to be in than being the butt of a bunch of jokes. (Though someone needs to shave that 5 o'clock shadow of his)

Tangentially, I do find it interesting that Umika feels bad about deceiving Sakuya. I hope that goes somewhere interesting.

I think there's something wrong with me, but I enjoy seeing Noel get thrown around. His smug, turncoat ass has it coming. I even got excited there for a second that they were going to sacrifice a 6th Ranger for the first time in a while. But of course now that they've teased it, it's not actually going to happen.

Of course this is probably going to be the curtain call for Gauche. I'd hope not, especially as she's finally getting something to do. But it is that time of the year where the days are getting longer and the monsters are perishing left and right.

Also, is it me, or is the Don getting kind of peeved that no one who is actually competent wants his job?

On the plus side, we got another PatKaiser fight! It was even a pretty good one. And the Pats got to use their own damned power-up for once!

PS What the heck is burning on the chief's desk?
takenoko wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:08 pm I like the portrayal of Tooma has being an overconcerned parent (although maybe he was just worried that their secret would get leaked?)
His character would never admit to it, of course. But it's clearly a bit of both.
The second half is where this episode kind of falls down for me. The Zamigo fight felt like filler as a way to remove the Lupins from the battle with Gauche.
The writers keep trying to build up Zamigo as this threat worth being the final boss. But he's been so absent and so aloof that it's just not working. While he set the Lupin's part of the series in motion, he's really not done anything terribly interesting in the last 47 episodes to justify the threat he supposedly presents.
I burst out laughing when they showed Tsukasa with an armful of toys
Right? I get that they were splitting it up thematically - Red gets the power-up, Green the safe cracking tools, and Pink the base gear - but it's so lopsided that it's hilarious. In the back of my mind I'm thinking that Noel only trusts Kei with a single vehicle, while Tsukasa gets the bulk of it because she's the only one with any brains. :lol:
Catastrophe wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:44 pm I totally forgot that the Pats didn't know Noel wasn't human. That whole scene was hamfisted.
Agreed. It was very hamfisted.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

ViRGE wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:04 am Also, is it me, or is the Don getting kind of peeved that no one who is actually competent wants his job?
I'm a little annoyed that this driving force for the plot isn't more than what we've gotten in the past 47 episodes. Like if the boss really wanted to retire, normally wouldn't they say why he wants to retire?

Given that this is a kid's cartoon, we're probably going to learn that Don just orchestrated the contest as a way of getting rid of anyone underneath him who could replace him.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:47 am
ViRGE wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:04 am Also, is it me, or is the Don getting kind of peeved that no one who is actually competent wants his job?
I'm a little annoyed that this driving force for the plot isn't more than what we've gotten in the past 47 episodes. Like if the boss really wanted to retire, normally wouldn't they say why he wants to retire?

Given that this is a kid's cartoon, we're probably going to learn that Don just orchestrated the contest as a way of getting rid of anyone underneath him who could replace him.
It could be. But at the start he said he's been at this for 500 years. And certainly his VA gives the character an inflection of weariness.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Wasn't it 999 years or something like that? It was in episode 1.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

Guys, on part 1:46, wouldn't the correct translation would be 'I just want to thank him for the advice he gave me' or like that. I mean, Umika was referring what happened in episode 39, where she was having trouble whether to tell Noel about Zamigo (In Episode 39, from 7:02 to 8:40). Sakuya gave her advice about it.
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Engine Sentai Go-Onger

Post by CheetahLynx »

Mandalori wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:50 am Wasn't it 999 years or something like that? It was in episode 1.
999 years is his age, he's been on the throne for 500 years.
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

hiro9796 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:07 am Guys, on part 1:46, wouldn't the correct translation would be 'I just want to thank him for the advice he gave me' or like that. I mean, Umika was referring what happened in episode 39, where she was having trouble whether to tell Noel about Zamigo (In Episode 39, from 7:02 to 8:40). Sakuya gave her advice about it.
Umika: ちょっと相談のってもらったからそのお礼とか…。
http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Lupin_VS_Pat_47_Transcript

Yeah, I think you're right. She said morau so it's definitely her receiving the advice. Plus it doesn't make sense for Sakuya to owe her a lunch since he's the one pursuing her. Let me check it off with Luna though.

Return to “Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger”