Lupin VS Pat 51 Released!

Training up a future generation of criminals
Forum rules
LupinRanger VS PatRanger Wiki Link

< KyuuRanger | LupinRanger VS PatRanger | Ryusoulger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:21 am

☆☆☆☆☆
55%
☆☆☆☆
23%
☆☆☆
16%
☆☆
No votes
6%

Total votes: 31
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Re: Lupin VS Pat 51 Released!

Post by Kurow »

resop2 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:34 am
Kurow wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:41 am It was a good final episode but overall this show is barely a 3 at most and without a doubt Kairi is up there in the top 3 of worst reds with Alata and Righto.
Why do you think that Kairi is a terrible red? Was he annoying? Was he a bad role model? Was he a power up hog? Was his suit bleh looking? Was the actor bad?
Kurow wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:41 am They did a great job with the new Lupins but for what? they did one mission and they were done...
Jyuohgers had the hanging plot line of Leo vs Sela at the end of the show but they resolved it in the follow up movie.
Kurow wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:41 am The show still used the PatRangers as jobbers the entire time and Noelle was also a very bad character..
As far as I know, there has never been any show or book involving phantom thieves were the main focus of the show was on the police. Also, the Pat's got their heat back in the final episode and gave Big Evil a fate much worse than dying in a big explosion.
Kurow wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:41 am Lets hope for the next show to be better.
Are you looking for anything in specific?
The actor was ok because I hated the character and he was playing exactly what he was told. Kairi treated Keiichiro like shit the entire show among others things... he got better throughout the series and that final apologize probably saved him but still a really bad red.

I can only hope for a better series this year but this is something that I'm going to forget in 2 or 3 years while things like Abaranger, Gekiranger and Gokaiger still in my mind.
Final Vent!
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Fat D »

I expected that the Lupins would be able to contribute and escape with the collection book, but I did not expect their escape to be that convoluted. I expected a more straightforward way, like rangers into dial fighter, dial fighter into book or something like that.

One year was far too much of a time skip as well - raises more questions than it answers.

Speaking of raising more questions than it answers, my guess from two weeks ago that the conflict itself would be settled in some way that involves a final battle turns out to be wrong. They did end on a fight, but the Lupin/Pat conflict is back to square one as a cliffhanger.

Liked PatrenX using VictoryStriker's power up function. Nicely mirrors his use of Patren#1's power-up, SirenStriker, as LupinX.

As far as the "conclusion in the crossover movie" situation is concerned, I do not appreciate the wait until we finally get that movie, but I am not afraid this will automatically get butchered by the format. Decade's finale in the W crossover worked quite well. A lot of it was probably due to Decade getting his own chapter in the story, but it pretty much defined the format (Movie War) from scratch. Sentai crossovers have a bit of formula already that does not include significant single-team chapters, but there is no guarantee the LvsP crossover will continue that.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

So Jackpot Striker took 1 year to find the Lupins because it has no sense of direction.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

This was a pretty weird show in the end. I feel like the Patrangers finding out who the Lupins are was teased often enough earlier on that having it be a genuine surprise actually undercut the reveal. Like, Keiichiro had a few moments where it should have been a properly concrete point for him to just low-key keep looking into the Jurer trio the whole time, to the point where the reveal should have had him be smug and come across as actually a decent investigator. But I guess the producers didn't want that hanging over the series, so we got this oddness instead which makes the cops look incredibly dumb for not picking up on the team of three led by a blond kid who said "thanks" a specific way, a tall dour man, and a happy-go-lucky woman with a bob being the same as the other three who also had a blond kid saying "thanks" the same way, an equally dour tall guy, and a chipper lady with a bob. Even kids must have thought the cops were idiots from how blatantly they would be dissuaded from their conclusions by flimsy alibis and excuses.

I liked it, even though it was a flawed season. A really high-concept idea, but the execution was lacking in balance and development. And yeah, Noel. Neat twist on the gold/silver members, given the two team gimmick, but he really didn't go anywhere. Except France, to get roast chicken and a billot du noel.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

Their disguises were way better than Clark Kent's. I could never get hung up over something like that.

Return to “Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger”