LupinRanger VS PatRanger VS KyuuRanger released

Training up a future generation of criminals
Forum rules
LupinRanger VS PatRanger Wiki Link

< KyuuRanger | LupinRanger VS PatRanger | Ryusoulger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:30 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
18%
☆☆☆☆
41%
☆☆☆
29%
☆☆
6%
6%

Total votes: 17
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: LupinRanger VS PatRanger VS KyuuRanger released

Post by takenoko »

Aeikozz wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:39 pm Am i just not getting the joke? Why is za world there?
I'm thinking he was on set for some reason and they just thought it'd be funny
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

Only thing that kept this from getting a perfect score for me was the run time. Had it been five minutes longer and given every character a decent moment, it would be that much better. Also loved how random and over the top this movie was at points. When Misao showed up I laughed, but when he ran away from the fight, I completely lost it. I can't remember the last time I laughed this hard at something so I loved this more then anyone could know xD
Ghost23
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Ghost23 »

Didn't hate it but didn't not love it either. It was just kinda "meh". To me it just seem like they just mash up the sentai's and have big fight scenes. Also what happens to the two guys that got stuck there?
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

That was a decent movie. They remembered Kyuranger is an AU, they had nice moments for everyone, and I was going to complain about how little Misao was in it, but I like how he turned up and everyone was just like "Who the fuck are you!?".

I have the Blu-Ray so I'm gonna watch the making of and flick through the photobook. Sayonara, Juuninin no kyuukyoku no kyuuseishuu.
DaVinci030 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:46 pm
HowlingSnail wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:15 am

He also did Kyu vs Space Squad and the Saikyou Battle. And Gokaiger and Akibaranger. He's a man who loves continuity.
Uhhh... It was Mouri Nobuhiro who wrote Kyuu vs. Space Squad.
Well, he's also got a decent history of writing stuff, and was involved heavily in Kyuranger.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
NPCEnergy
Favorite series: Fay-voo-ret? ....OOO?
2nd Favorite Series: I really liked Gekiranger?
Dreamy: My previous joke here didn't work with just the dreamy tag. Shame

Post by NPCEnergy »

takenoko wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:48 pm
Aeikozz wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:39 pm Am i just not getting the joke? Why is za world there?
I'm thinking he was on set for some reason and they just thought it'd be funny
I made an account on the forum just for this. I was wondering about it too until it clicked with me. It's a versus with three teams. Like he has the three animal thing.

I mean.... That's the only thing that makes sense.

To me... I had to edit to clarify that it was the only thing that made sense to me.
Last edited by NPCEnergy on Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I really thought The World was there because 19 was an odd number to have and needed one more person to make a nice and even number. The World was probably the only person to make that cameo work with him being like "Don't mind me" and then proceed to run away from the fight soon afterwards.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Phoenix512 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:42 am I really thought The World was there because 19 was an odd number to have and needed one more person to make a nice and even number. The World was probably the only person to make that cameo work with him being like "Don't mind me" and then proceed to run away from the fight soon afterwards.
It's probably also because they knew fans were annoyed at the lack of Kyu vs Zyuoh. Getting the whole team back would have been a lot of characters, and also a nightmare to manage, since most of them are busy with other things now.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Engine Sentai Go-Onger

Post by CheetahLynx »

Micchan was the best part of the movie for me, I'm still laughing at him doing a hit-and-run on the grunts.

And then he suddenly reappears in fetal position, as usual, while Kei-chan and Lucky play tag.

Of course they were having lunch at Kyoryuu-ya! It's officially of inter-universal fame!

I swear Hame and Spada did more in this movie than they did during their entire series. On the other hand, Raptor did LESS, which is actually somewhat impressive yet very much really disappointing.

The baddies' representation was very poor which is my only big complain with the film. Seriously, where was Gauche to make their monster grow? Not even a Dogranio cameo smh...

The Lupin Collection pieces are: GokaiSilver's Gokai Cellular, ToQ 6gou's Applichanger, and the Kyouryuugers' MoBuckle

4/5 for the lack of a villainous team-up
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Average. The VS movies just don't have the same impact that they did before.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Did I miss a Kyouryuuya reference? Dang!
rubius
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Zi-O
2nd Favorite Series: Lupinranger vs. Patranger
Dreamy: Patren Sango/Magine
Favorite Actor?: N/A
Favorite Band: Rider Girls/Chips

Post by rubius »

why is jyuoh the world in this movie?
Finished Shows
Kamen Rider:Heisei Riders - Saber
Super Sentai: From Zyuranger to Kiramager
Other: Justirizer, Rescue Force/Fire

Haven't watched a Tokusatsu I didn't like :mrgreen:
rubius
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Zi-O
2nd Favorite Series: Lupinranger vs. Patranger
Dreamy: Patren Sango/Magine
Favorite Actor?: N/A
Favorite Band: Rider Girls/Chips

lupin vs. pat vs. kyuu subbing snafus

Post by rubius »

was watching the movie and found a few subs missing/possibly wrong

1. balance saying cool at 27:23
2. tsurugi saying ditto at 35:07
3. the red, blue, yellow when the planes are sent out
Finished Shows
Kamen Rider:Heisei Riders - Saber
Super Sentai: From Zyuranger to Kiramager
Other: Justirizer, Rescue Force/Fire

Haven't watched a Tokusatsu I didn't like :mrgreen:
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

ok, the over the top consistent absurdity of this one made me laugh my ass off more often than not.

I was NOT aware Tsuyoshi Matsubara was in Kyuuranger as well. that motherfucker is turning into Japan's Tommy, I swear to fucking god... what, his fourth series to make an appearance in?? I might have to go back and actually WATCH Kyuuranger now. that shit was funny as fuck. (and Jealoushitto is another running gag guy imo after the quiz eps for Jyuohger)

I don't think anyone else caught the "abaranger Ramen" reference with Hame, Stinger, and Spada.

MISAO??? WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT MOPEY MOTHERFUCKER DOING THERE????? someone get the boy some antidepressants, PLEASE.

I agree, disappointed in the lack of bad guy teamup.

Ike Nwala: Dude, you have GOT to work on the Japanese "WTF" reaction. that was EMBARASSING.

I cannot BELIEVE they got the dance outfits back in there.... oh my fucking god.

Overall.... I liked it. just about everything I expected a VS movie to be.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

I love how everyone is questioning The World being in this movie. I just equated it to 'Just Misao Things'
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

Things probably required fix if version 2 is released.
1. 44:56 It should be "Got him, Keiichirou!", not "Get him, Keiichirou!" because Keiichirou did not deliver any blow on Don Arkage afterwards but it was Lucky and Tsurugi.
2. 38:11 the effect used were both Kaitou Change, with the proper one (the sound from the toys) being push to the left while the right side were the ones that the user yell. Need a Keisatsu Change sound by toy.
3. 50:14 was it supposed to be Moo! instead of Go! because Champ is a cow. Most of the Kyuurangers always used Moo, right?
4. Lastly, the overall usage of Galaxy to universe, depending on the context because "galaxy" really doesn't work as a translation of uchuu when you're talking about dimensions. You can fly in a spaceship to another galaxy, you can't fly between universes, which is what this is. You wouldn't describe Narnia as being in another galaxy. Galaxy and universe are two different words with different meanings, and the context you've been using it for Kyuranger is just wrong" as said by HowlingSnail.

What the heck is Micchan yelling when he left the fight? I can't even hear what he said or moaning about. I get the point that Jyuoh vs Kyu never being released, probably because a lot of issues that this crossover were scrapped all together. Some of it were because the rumours of Tusk's actor, Watanabe Tsurugi got involved in a hit and run case.

Return to “Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger”