KR Zi-O 19 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:20 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
7%
☆☆☆☆
43%
☆☆☆
43%
☆☆
7%
No votes

Total votes: 14
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zi-O 19 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's Zi-O rating: 4.18 / 5 (11 votes)

Alt Title: The riddler would like his gimmick back
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Zi-O 19 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Welcome back to Toei Tokusatsu, Katsuhiro Suzuki.

Eh cold open summary, Another Woz. And this dude is manipulating the plot for the Savior. I'm getting a feeling he might pull a Enter and betray Geiz based on what he's been doing.

Another future Rider enters the battle and curbstomps our main Riders. Apparently, Quiz can’t return to 2040 until he finds out why Another Quiz abandoned him and his mom.

And here’s the conflict. Oma Woz wants Sougo to defeat Quiz so that the timeline can be repaired for the Demon King, while Another Woz wants Geiz to do the same in order to create the 2nd MiRide Watch that may enable the creation of the Savior.

OK episode.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

For some reason, I was expecting to see Geiz still wearing his upper body thing while in his pajamas.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Hey Geiz. Maybe, just maybe you let the new guy ask his question. And then you kick his ass? There's no reason the order of operations has to start with the ass kicking.

Past that, this was an okay episode. I'm excited as all heck to see Red Buster again. And despite being a quick, one-off character, he has an interesting reason for being in the past.

However this episode was otherwise so-so. The big problem is that the show is telegraphing Geiz Revive so hard that there's absolutely no reason to believe we won't see him. Meaning that the 3 future watches will be created, and undermining any suspense. There's no question of what Geiz will do - if not him, then Another Woz will defeat KR Quiz - but the show is still plowing forward with that question anyhow. If this was a howdunit instead of a "what will happen" scenario, it would be a lot more interesting, I feel.

Edit: We also got a new insert song. And unusually for Toei, they didn't drown it out with sound effects from the fight. :shock: Do we have any idea what it's called and what it's about?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Dunno, it wasn't in the credits and I didn't see any mention of the song on the Japanese wiki last I checked. That's about as much research I

Nevermind. It's Future Guardian and it looks like it's Geiz's song
https://www.kamen-rider-official.com/collections/20/20
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

"It's you from before!" Damn straight it is, Sougo.

Nice to see the Quiz Driver's voiced by a girl. That's a rarity. In fact, has it ever happened fully? Only examples I can think of are the Tokimeki Crisis Gashat and the girl saying "Ready the Engine" in Drive's standby.

Also, I've said it before and I'll say it again, Woz's visor should be in hiragana if he's allied with Geiz. Unless it's Toei hinting that he's really an agent of Oma Zi-O.
Spoiler
Nice to see Double Armour next week. We can add Zi-O to the list of shows that directly acknowledge their team ups.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:24 am Dunno, it wasn't in the credits and I didn't see any mention of the song on the Japanese wiki last I checked. That's about as much research I

Nevermind. It's Future Guardian and it looks like it's Geiz's song
https://www.kamen-rider-official.com/collections/20/20
Thanks!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

HowlingSnail wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:16 am Nice to see the Quiz Driver's voiced by a girl. That's a rarity. In fact, has it ever happened fully? Only examples I can think of are the Tokimeki Crisis Gashat and the girl saying "Ready the Engine" in Drive's standby.
I don't know if I'd count that since that's the Gashat saying it, not the Driver itself. The closest thing to this that is a part of the belt would be the Kivaara belt, since Kivaara voices it?
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I didn't like this episode even though we got stereo scenery chewing by the Woz's. I couldn't get past the fact that Geiz is sinking to the level of the Timejacker's in terms of not caring about collateral damage. Why not tell Quiz that he can have his father son reunion, but after that Quiz has to fight him (other than they needed a dramatic cliffhanger for the second episode)? Quiz would have no reason to say no since he thinks Geiz and Sougo are weaklings. And, if Geiz really didn't care, why didn't he jump Quiz when Quiz was asleep?

At least Tsukuyomi is showing some smarts, making White Woz dance to her tune.
PDA
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by PDA »

okay episode, but geiz and zio are just 2 guys without any knowledge about whats happening ALWAYS, this is really annoying. and still working together, this is dumb considering that all them want preserve his timeline(sougo still crazy thinking on being burguer king, good demon king or whatever and now geiz wants one timeline to call mine finally beating zio ass) and both them still working together besides opposite goals, its like batman forever with mr freeze and poison ivy working together with goals totally incompatible (also, check honest trailer batman forever on youtube)

also, how geiz and sougo plan beat another quiz without quis watch?

also, ora can freeze time, change rider kick direction and want a new king and after 10898495849 tries, she finds that another quis a good candidate(like always the actual another rider gonna be...), so whats the point on let geiz and zio alive if these 2 dumbass are the major problem for timejackers new king? why just dont freeze time and throw a piano on their heads? imo breaks any imersion ora making them so vulnerable and dont do anything smart on that.

also, why quiz dont loose memory if timejackers already created another quiz ? so...only sougo and geiz can screw riders memory creating rider watchs? earlier in show the rider cease to exist and lose memory when another rider was created

the main point of geiz revive is hard to understand because rider woz can just beat zio so easy as decade, theres no need of geiz revive

its a kids show and theres a episode 2.5 rule but is hard....
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

PDA wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:58 pm also, ora can freeze time, change rider kick direction and want a new king and after 10898495849 tries, she finds that another quis a good candidate(like always the actual another rider gonna be...), so whats the point on let geiz and zio alive if these 2 dumbass are the major problem for timejackers new king? why just dont freeze time and throw a piano on their heads? imo breaks any imersion ora making them so vulnerable and dont do anything smart on that.
Either
"that would make too much sense" or
"Woz the over powered retainer would appear and push the piano out of the way" or
"Oha and the rest of the Timejackers are obsessed with looking cool, and resorting to direct violence against Sougo would offend their artistic sensibilities" or
"If Geiz and Sougo are not around then there would be no way to test if the Another Rider had what it took to become a demon king, so until an Another Rider can defeat Geiz and Sougo they should be left alive"
PDA wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:58 pm the main point of geiz revive is hard to understand because rider woz can just beat zio so easy as decade, theres no need of geiz revive
White Woz is a slave to history. If he kills Zi-O that would create a paradox since he comes from a world where Geiz did (if you believe what White Woz says.) (This does not explain why Geiz killing Sougo would not create a time paradox.)
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

Now we keep on assuming that Geiz Revive isn't just White Woz taking the Geiz name because history said it was Geiz who defeated Woz.

Similar to how there were fan theories that Geiz was Oma Zio like ten episode discussions ago.

I do like how both of the future rider belts are really the Ziku Driver with a different middle.
Eric
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Ex-Aid
Dreamy: Poppy Pipopapo
Favorite Actor?: Iijima Hiroki
Favorite Band: something else
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: music, cheese stuff
Quote: "Hello there." -Obi-Wan Kenobi

Post by Eric »

I feel suddenly, I realize I never seen a rider with a question motif like yesterday tbh. Also, I remind of that actor who's playing Quiz was Red Buster...
Discord: Eric the Gaming Guy#2407 | Deviantart | Tumblr

Watching: Zi-O, Saikyou Battle (Miniseries), Tokusatsu GAGAGA (Jdorama)
Completed: Gaim, ToQ, Ghost, Zyuoh, Ex-Aid, Kyuu, Build, Lupin VS Pat
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Kuchiri wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:59 pm Now we keep on assuming that Geiz Revive isn't just White Woz taking the Geiz name because history said it was Geiz who defeated Woz.

Similar to how there were fan theories that Geiz was Oma Zio like ten episode discussions ago.

I do like how both of the future rider belts are really the Ziku Driver with a different middle.
Spoiler
Geiz Revive is confirmed as a Geiz power-up form, debuting in March. So unless Woz is going to steal Woz's powers, it'd be unlikely. Granted it would let Black Woz then use the Beyond Driver himself, but it'd still leave OG Geiz without powers.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

takenoko wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:25 pm
HowlingSnail wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:16 am Nice to see the Quiz Driver's voiced by a girl. That's a rarity. In fact, has it ever happened fully? Only examples I can think of are the Tokimeki Crisis Gashat and the girl saying "Ready the Engine" in Drive's standby.
I don't know if I'd count that since that's the Gashat saying it, not the Driver itself. The closest thing to this that is a part of the belt would be the Kivaara belt, since Kivaara voices it?
Wasn't the Alternative card reader in Ryuki voiced by a female? Aside from that and Kivaara though, I don't think there have been any

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”