Zi-O Promo released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: Zi-O Promo released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

OK...

Transformation trinket is nice. Good Collectible system.

Our hero is evil John Connor in the future, eh?? And the guy has the gall to call himself a King. Boy, you're gonna die in GOT and I don't even watch it or read Ice and Fire.

The Legendary Yabe Kenzou is the main character's relative. Good.

Two Terminator-ish organizations are hunting the main character but while Tsukuyomi and Geiz Reese are willing to see the potential good in the Demon King, the Time Jackers just wanna disrupt space time. OK.

Based on toys coming out, interesting.

I hope this is good.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Yuki Jojima
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
Quote: "My life is burning bright!" -Takeru Tenkuji

Post by nanamarfo »

So... I kinda fell off bulid(It got WAY too complex in my honest opinion), but this looks promising.

Decade did well for being 31 episodes. Had more than 40+ episodes of Ghost could give.

Can't wait for it!
NOMarfo
GenBoy
Go Go!
Dreamy: Momochi Kasumi
Favorite Actor?: Sammo Hung
Favorite Band: Linkin Park
My boom: ~Searching~
Quote: Every technology ages, John. The only thing that never gets old is connecting with people.

Post by GenBoy »

one thing i'm hoping for is if IshiPro sign a contract with japanese watch maker to make limited edition of Zi-O wristwatch, either analog like Zi-O face or digital like the driver.
VTMarik
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Boukenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kyoryuuger
Dreamy: Right
Favorite Actor?: Mitsuomi Takahashi
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "Any society that has gone so far out of it's head that it requires instructions for use on a packet of toothpicks is no longer a society in which I can live and stay sane." - Douglas Adams

Post by VTMarik »

So from what I can glean,my assumption is
Spoiler
with Zi-O being an evil demon 5000 years in the future, maybe Decade will be brought in as an example of how not to turn out evil like he did for that short time?
And with Geiz being from the future,
Spoiler
my guess is his whole trope will be the 'History is fragmented and we don't know why he turns evil so i'ma kill him just in case"
AkaRed is my Co-Pilot!
SwordKing
7X

Post by SwordKing »

I'm wondering if I have to watch all the other Heisei Riders first before seeing this. I'm currently catching up on Hibiki. After that, I will have Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Drive, Ghost, Ex-Aid and Build left to go.
In the criminal justice system, the people are represented by two seperate, yet equally important groups: The police, who investigate crimes, and the giant robots, who do battle with the bad guys' giant robots. These are their stories.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

SwordKing wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:10 pm I'm wondering if I have to watch all the other Heisei Riders first before seeing this. I'm currently catching up on Hibiki. After that, I will have Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Drive, Ghost, Ex-Aid and Build left to go.
Considering the target audience is like 4-7 and definitely hasn't seen all of them? Think you'll be fine.

PS skip Ghost
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

We don't really know how they'll reference all the previous riders.

If anything, you could just watch this and if they have character cameos that you like, use that as a reference point for watching that series.
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Fat D »

Crimzonite wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:05 pm Is the German word "geiz" pronounced the same as "ゲイツ"?
The German word for stinginess (not just stingy, that would be "geizig") is pronounced more like guides, so ガイツ would be more appropriate. Part of the reason I am not too happy about the Geiz name.
scot64
Gao

Post by scot64 »

I wondered where all my old Casio G-Shocks disappeared to.
stardrago
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by stardrago »

Oh, say, over at the youtube page for avex had uploaded the tv size opening for Zi-O, including lyrics so the translator for this could make reference to sub that part and maybe post a version of it alongside the first episode and maybe the 1.5 webisode.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Nah, that sounds like work, we'll just use the lyrics for Journey Through the Decade and call it a day
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I like that. Going with a tried and true classic.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”