KR Zi-O 02 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:27 am

☆☆☆☆☆
4%
☆☆☆☆
48%
☆☆☆
8%
☆☆
24%
16%

Total votes: 25
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: KR Zi-O 02 released

Post by Lunagel »

I mean it depends on the language? We don't pronounce the h in "hour" in English.

https://www.indifferentlanguages.com/words/hour

Spanish and Portuguese are "hora" while Italian is "ora". I'm leaning more towards "hora" cause it looks similar to English so easier to tell where her name came from.
ryujin
Gabu
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Zero
Dreamy: Matsuyama Mary
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: PS4
Quote: R/B is just ORB without the O and Tiga is just Taiga without the A ... tabun :P
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by ryujin »

takenoko wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:11 pm >Does v2 also fix the line at mark 9:11 > "Sorry, I've to go somewhere to go!"

Sorry, just saw this. I'll release a v3 to fix it now. It won't have Ora, but that's just in the preview.
I thought this was intentional cause no one brought it up, nice to know it's gonna be fixed
Smart Jason
Go Go!
Favorite series: Kyouryuuger
2nd Favorite Series: Ex-Aid
Dreamy: Ian Yorkland
Favorite Actor?: Konno Ayuri
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Quote: Revenge is sweet
Type: ESTJ Supervisor

Post by Smart Jason »

What is in v3?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Smart Jason wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:13 am What is in v3?
Look up at the post literally one above yours
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Lunagel wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:53 pm I mean it depends on the language? We don't pronounce the h in "hour" in English.

https://www.indifferentlanguages.com/words/hour

Spanish and Portuguese are "hora" while Italian is "ora". I'm leaning more towards "hora" cause it looks similar to English so easier to tell where her name came from.
The only thing that bothers me about Ora is that it reminds me of what a shitty rider Rogue was.
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Yuki Jojima
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
Quote: "My life is burning bright!" -Takeru Tenkuji

Post by nanamarfo »

ViRGE wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:51 pm
takenoko wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:01 am (Let's not do anymore TTFC content)
Eh, you should probably keep doing it. Without 2.5 we would have never known just how little the writers cared about plot holes and paradoxes.

At this point it's like looking at a train wreck: you can't turn away.
To be fair with this series, I don't mind because Time Travel is easy to f**k up.

Good Episode.
NOMarfo
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

I dont understand how they are resolving the conflicts and saving the day. Time travel stories can be so convulting and I think I just became a victim of it. At least they are getting the actual actors from the previous shows to be in this though so that's one thing that's different from Decade.
ryujin
Gabu
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Zero
Dreamy: Matsuyama Mary
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
My boom: PS4
Quote: R/B is just ORB without the O and Tiga is just Taiga without the A ... tabun :P
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by ryujin »

^ Original Kiva & Blade was in Decade, same with Black/Black RX, i think there's more, still, DCD was about alternate worlds unlike ZI-O which is time travel, makes sense that the original actors are left out, i myself am doubtful that this series will be getting all/most of the original riders when they are either too busy or too famous now, for one, i'd really like to see this series bring back Mizushima Hiro which i highly doubt will happen, i might be wrong though lol!
Kamen Rider Blade
Go Go!
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Blade »

Am I the only one who noticed that when Geiz first transformed back in ep 1, he was wearing MC Hammer style parachute pants?
KRMonkey
Go Go!
Quote: ...dynamic chop!
Type: INFP Healer

Post by KRMonkey »

Drive got better. ToQger got better.

This is me trying to convince myself that Zi-O will improve at some point, because good grief, the writers have no idea what they're doing. I figured with Geiz, we were back to the contrived-conflict-that-quickly-becomes-friendly-rivalry nonsense this year, but I got whiplash from this episode. Even after watching the 2.5, the time travel stuff is just... obscenely poorly thought-out. I never thought I would miss how Den-O handled time travel.

I suppose two episodes in is too soon to be concerned that the show will be a multi-level failure surpassing Ghost. There's lots of time for the show to get better, and right now, it's still struggling under the weight of the toy lines.
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

KRMonkey wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:12 pm Drive got better. ToQger got better.

This is me trying to convince myself that Zi-O will improve at some point, because good grief, the writers have no idea what they're doing. I figured with Geiz, we were back to the contrived-conflict-that-quickly-becomes-friendly-rivalry nonsense this year, but I got whiplash from this episode. Even after watching the 2.5, the time travel stuff is just... obscenely poorly thought-out. I never thought I would miss how Den-O handled time travel.

I suppose two episodes in is too soon to be concerned that the show will be a multi-level failure surpassing Ghost. There's lots of time for the show to get better, and right now, it's still struggling under the weight of the toy lines.
Writer of Drive is Sanjou Riku and writer of Toqger is Kobayashi Yasuko. At least, they don't have any bad series. But Shimoyama Kento has Ninninger - one of worst Super Sentai all time, so it did not surprise for me how he write Zi-O.

Den-O's time travel has own rule in their world, with limit time travel, not unlimited time travel like Zi-O.
KRDangerousZombie
7X
Favorite series: Sentai:Go-Busters Kamen Rider:W
2nd Favorite Series: Sentai:Toqger
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Post by KRDangerousZombie »

resop2 wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:18 am
RangerJustify wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:39 am ADDENDUM: I looked up the head writer of Zi-O and it is Kento Shimoyama... the head writer for the bafflingly bad Super Sentai entry known as Shuriken Sentai Ninninger. Train Wreck understood! At this point, I don't even know if I'll even acknowledge this show's existence.
Forgive the professional wrestling reference, but I am starting to think that Kento Shinoyama is Vince Russo in disguise.
"I sweah to gawd, you's gonna sell that you wanna save him, but you ain' gonna know why!"
"So the heel is actually a future version of the face, so you put Triple H out there cutting promos against himself!"
"This is important, you's gots to sell how much you care about your lawnmower! they's gotta believe your lawnmower is your lover!"
Completed Series
Sentai
: Abaranger-Ryusoulger
Kamen Rider : Black to Zi-O
Garo : Every non-anime season.

Watching Series
Zero-One, Kiramager.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”