KR Zi-O 05 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:02 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆☆☆
27%
☆☆☆
45%
☆☆
9%
18%

Total votes: 22
Dante ShadowRoadz
7X

Re: KR Zi-O 05 released

Post by Dante ShadowRoadz »

Okay, was I high, or was the fight execution/choreography much much better for this one? Another Fourze was actually capable and varied compared to the others and the concept of a dual Another Rider seems like something that could either salvage the stupidity of the series or break it even worse.

Fourze did get shafted for this one though, it seems to just be a quick set-up for the lead into Faiz. Having the original Rider actors for Faiz though is already a huge step up, though they're obviously gonna outshine the Bland Three entirely. I really wish I could find more to like in this season but unless they get a better writer in to fix things, this 20th Anniversary thing is gonna be one huge crap-shoot. So far the opening theme and intro cinematics are the best thing about the season entirely, and that doesn't say good things.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

This episode was directed by Sakamoto, which explains why the fight choreography was better than usual.

The explosions after the transformation usually give this away.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

This was not as scatterbrained as the first 4 episodes. It's still not very good though. Even when the show is not tripping over itself, it's still struggling to justify why anyone should be invested in the story.
Catastrophe wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:44 am This episode was directed by Sakamoto, which explains why the fight choreography was better than usual.

The explosions after the transformation usually give this away.
That at the Fourze-style high jumping. In fact that's probably why they used him here, and it's a great choice. Sakamoto's wire-fu always worked well with a Rider whose right hand was an actual rocket. :lol:
KRMonkey
Go Go!
Quote: ...dynamic chop!
Type: INFP Healer

Post by KRMonkey »

Dante ShadowRoadz wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:50 pm Okay, was I high, or was the fight execution/choreography much much better for this one? Another Fourze was actually capable and varied compared to the others and the concept of a dual Another Rider seems like something that could either salvage the stupidity of the series or break it even worse.
It's not just you. AFourze was the first Another Rider I genuinely enjoyed. And it wasn't just the use of Fourze's modules; I loved that he had the physical tics of Gentarou.

I guess this episode was the least painful so far, mostly because it didn't follow the formula of the first four episodes. It's still clearly a two-parter, but the layering of storylines about different eras is at least new.

There are still a dozen extremely stupid plot points, but at least the creation of Another Fourze gave us some connective tissue we didn't have before, since we saw Scorpio disappear when Fourze's Rider-ness did. This could actually be interpreted in different ways, but I'm pretty sure the intent is to suggest that each series' essential conflict never happened.

Since we'll be getting some gratuitous V-cinemas this year, I'm hoping at least some of them will serve as plot caulking. Maybe we'll get to see how the Timejackers addressed the Zodiarts, Evolt, bugsters, etc. I'd be more charitable in retrospect if this series ever decides to reveal (or invent) that some of the plot was actually thought-out.

The .5 episode was once again pretty entertaining, and the closest I've seen to a suggestion that the core cast might someday develop some chemistry.

Also: was Geiz keeping his neck-brace-thing on with his school uniform (and Tsukoyomi with her cape) stupid rather than cute, or am I being a curmudgeon. We definitely got the unsubtle "you're supposed to be amused" music.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I think one of the problems of the series is the anonymous and vacuous lead character: when Geiz and Tsukoyomi come to school wearing weird accessories the show could have done -
(A) Have anonymous be mischievous and assure them that their clothes where okay so that he could goof on them behind their backs.
(B) Have anonymous show leadership qualities and tell them to lose the accessories.
But, they did -
(C) Have anonymous be so vacuous and clueless that he doesn't notice that the two people who he trusts to kill him if he goes bad are wearing strange accessories.

The joke would have remained the same in A, B, or C, so there was zero need to go with C.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Don't know if anyone picked up on this, but in 5.5, he pronounces "Handy" like the German word, which means mobile phone. Probably why everyone looked at the camera at that point.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Is that really the case? That's a nice little in-joke if it is.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:21 pm Is that really the case? That's a nice little in-joke if it is.
Yes. Although it's spelled Handy, the word is pronounced more like Händy. Closer to a ヘ than a ハ. If you listen to how they pronounce it here, it's closer to the German than the English. Plus would explain why they didn't just use a Japanese word.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
PDA
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by PDA »

so far i cant understand how time jackers STEAL riders powers to create ANOTHER RIDERS and then original riders still have power to create ride watch to ZIO/GEIZ have armors with same powers, plus: how they just give up from his powers smiling for one strange?

another big question: if another faiz was created in 2003 and rampage for 15 years killing females and dont caring about orphenocs...how smartbrain dont dominate japan/world? as AR of paradise lost? no one defeat orphenocs since faiz was gone and japan still good, same with another fourze and so on.

riders are create AFTER evil organizations because originally theyre soldiers from that evil organization but rebel against and defeat evil organization, without riders all evil organizations just grow and fullfill their goals.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

They don't really explain if creating the Another Rider only erases the Rider themselves or every event surrounded the Riders as well. There isn't really any point trying to dig into it to make sense, because it's clear the writers didn't give a fuck when planning this.
PDA
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by PDA »

Catastrophe wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:17 am They don't really explain if creating the Another Rider only erases the Rider themselves or every event surrounded the Riders as well. There isn't really any point trying to dig into it to make sense, because it's clear the writers didn't give a fuck when planning this.
yes...

fourze x scorpio results in both being "depowered" after time jacker steal fourze powers, but i dont remember of that orphenoc smashing car vanish too, but unless solely "script power" erase action 3 dont erase actions 1 and 2 due logic and riders are consequences of evil organizations not starting point from that organizations

really sucks see smart plots(even with plot holes) like build and ex-aid and now watch a brainless comemorative show that literally piss on spectador due dont do any good fanservice.

so far IMO decade was better than zi-o, at least tsukasa has personality and we really see fanservice in tsukasa mimicking rider styles, AR riders doing something etc. so far the original riders in zio are just game NPCs, talk with him to earn a powerup, fullfill his quest to earn reward without any attachment

how and when sougo or geiz give that ride watch to fourze to that guy on rider club give fourze ride watch to sougo? that ride watch just popup from writer ass?

theres no fanservice in zio become a transformer instead at least use fourze modules like another fourze...
markoclix
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger

Post by markoclix »

Not sure if this has already been pointed out, but one of the neater design elements of the show to me is how various words are worked in to the design of the suits and effects (“kick” on the soles of the boots, the various names of riders on the helmets, “ken” on Zi-O’s sword etc.) However, the words on Geiz's helmets have been bugging me for the past five episodes. It took me that long to realize all of his words were in stylized hiragana instead of stylized katakana. Seeing "Build" on his helmet this time finally made it click!
KRDangerousZombie
7X
Favorite series: Sentai:Go-Busters Kamen Rider:W
2nd Favorite Series: Sentai:Toqger
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Post by KRDangerousZombie »

Honestly, while binging this has been my favourite episode so far. All the nostalgia shit from fourze rammed in, the another fourze doing all of gentarou's little quirks like the uchuu kitaa motion, the hair flick while inside the suit thing, all that cool stuff. I'm really hoping next episode we get another Fourze doing the wrist flick. Plus the fourze armour somehow looks better than the actual fourze suit which i'm not a fan of. I'm hoping this is a good sign of slow improvement and not just a "well it depends on who is writing this week" for the quality/enjoyment level of the show.
Completed Series
Sentai
: Abaranger-Ryusoulger
Kamen Rider : Black to Zi-O
Garo : Every non-anime season.

Watching Series
Zero-One, Kiramager.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”