KR Zi-O 06 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:20 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
9%
☆☆☆☆
23%
☆☆☆
32%
☆☆
18%
18%

Total votes: 22
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Re: KR Zi-O 06 released

Post by njb »

Kamen Rider Gumo wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:22 pm
resop2 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:06 pm Sounds like I am hearing a tokusatsu equivalent to a "Fire Russo" chant now.
Yes....preferably from a cannon. In orbit. Pointing towards the sun. I'd rather have Urobuchi back and killing off characters faster than George R. R. Martin. (Just as clarification, I tend to love Urobuchi's work. He just has an insanely high body count.)
All the more reason too: (this is from Shirakura's Twitter)
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

everyday I hope for a staff change like Hibiki but I doubt it'll happen, though I remember hearing from a guy saying he's not wrong nor right about the twitter post.

Now I wonder if him being producer for Zi-O was a way of saying, "if I can't have my Taisen movies, I'll take over the show instead"
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

So, interesting time paradox stuff this time. Takumi and Kusaka can only appear here because the entire series of Faiz unhappened. That's pretty sweet, and fits in with the gimmick of the timelines changing. The intervening 15 years, though, that's a whole untold story I'd love to see an alternate take on. How do they know each other? Why did Takumi still wind up at Kikuchi Laundry? Where's Mari? What happened to our friend, Snake Bro? Is Smart Lady still out there, chilling with her butterflies? Did the Orphenoch King also unhappen? How far back does the unhappening go? Why can't Takumi just tell people not to make him hot food? It's not difficult, dude, just say "hey, can we not do boiling soups? I like sandwiches best, also gelato."

There's a point in all these where you do have to ask yourself what the real timeline Zi-O exists in is like. The pre-Decade shows largely just did whatever they wanted and thus we got Kabuto set ten years after a meteor pulverized Shibuya district, but the shows all throughout are never like "it really sucks we can't ever go to Shibuya, considering it's a giant crater" or Hibiki with "in the summer, gigantic spider things just kinda kill scores of people until naked men with trumpets and drums murder them in kind." Decade welded them all together merely by saying they did so, but Zi-O is the series really making me wonder about it. Skywall, Chronicle, the Global Freeze, Wiseman kidnapping huge groups of people in sacrifice, an entire city vanishing into an extra-dimensional jungle of warfare; it's to the credit of the series that each installment feels like they can disregard everything else and tell the story they want, but when these anniversary shows have to alloy it all together, the cracks show very very blatantly.

Geiz continues to be the best Rider in this show.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

/me nominates dancercotillion for getting kicked by a horse

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”