KR Zi-O 06 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:20 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
9%
☆☆☆☆
23%
☆☆☆
32%
☆☆
18%
18%

Total votes: 22
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Re: KR Zi-O 06 released

Post by resop2 »

The best part of the show for me was the fact that anonymous decided to let Giez have a solo badass spotlight. I haven't seen either Fourze or Faiz (or threez or sixez for that matter) so I couldn't complain about this being a desecration of the original show.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Lunagel wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:08 am Fair enough, there's a lot to bitch about, only made more infuriating by the fact that they know it doesn't make sense and don't care
It's made worse by the fact that Gokaiger, Yongou, and the Heisei Generations movies show that Toei is perfectly capable of caring.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Snarkwing
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by Snarkwing »

Though none of those had this producer heading the project....with exception to possibly Yongou. Anyone know the producer credits on that one?
But yeah, this Producer is notorious for his lack of caring about details or continuity when you look at more and more of what he had an active hand in, as long as what he says went. Though sometimes that's tough to distinguish as he took credit for things he handed off to his assistant producers, as we know happened with Faiz and Kabuto.

Granted, it's not like the .5 episode have been much better at covering their asses considering anyone in the know can see how transparent the bullcrap of them is. The one making excuses about Sota Fukushi not coming back by Blaming the Bleach movie's Production and for everyone to go watch The Bleach movie in theaters if you want to see him? Yeah, the Bleach Movie finished all filming last year, it's roadshows and promotional interviews ended months ago...and it left Japanese Theaters last month.
Yeah, Great Job at that stupendous coverup of them deciding independently to not bring back the Actor, Toei.
Not like that's surprising. Back during Gaim, an Interview with Gen Urobuchi revealed that a Certain senior Toei Producer basically blacklisted Sota from all Toei film projects once his contract for Fourze was up. With that same Producer now in charge of this show? The Prediction of him not showing up was called months ago by one of the Toku-Tuber Reviewers.
Even if Toei wanted to cite Sota being involved in The Travelling Cat Chronicles or Laplace's witch, according to his social medial those are long finished filming too, and he's just doing promotional work. So the .5 ep was outright lying about his availability. Which is, once more, expected of them.

With precedent of what's happened before with this production staff, the returning actors are all just a big 'get people watching' Gimmick. It doesn't actually give a damn about any of them or their Legacy or continuing their story's as Gokaiger did beyond how they can glorify the new guy. It's all that could be expected of them.
Dante ShadowRoadz
7X

Post by Dante ShadowRoadz »

*inhale* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

*exhale*

Okay, WHAT IN THE NINE HELLS WAS THE POINT OF THIS? You get the main actors for the season with one of the most nuanced inter-personal relationships in the entire series and you THAT with them? You seriously bring back Kusaka Mari-Luvin' Masato and have him be a creepily invested alumni stalker? And why the heck was Takumi even there then, if all of Faiz was erased from history how would they even know eachother at all? As bad as Build and Ex-Aid were for cameos, at least they were directly involved with the incidents at hand, these two came shuffling along long after the fact that their Rider history was overwritten entirely.

And cool as it was to see Geiz using the proper equipment for his finishers unlike Zi-O's bastardizations, how the heck did he know the phone would link up to the Rider Armor?! They said nothing in the episode or the 6.5 episode about how Faiz links to their future, it's literally been Chekhov's Gunning it this whole time and it hasn't gone off. Judging by the teaser at the end, they're really holding to this pattern of only doing post-Decade Riders as the main premise, if I had any optimism left for this season I'd say it might hopefully mean that interacting with Decade will be some kind of turning point for the season's plotline to actually turn into something.

And I will just say this: if they manage to do the impossible, if they manage to get my main man, my guy, the ruler of all who walks in the heavens Hiro Mizushima as Tendou Souji after all this time and they WASTE his cameo as something stupid, I'm done. I will give this thing no more of my time and attention MAYBE till it's a footnote on the Wiki page and the next season has already started.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I mean partially there might be some production drama going on but the real reason is that they just can't afford him anymore.

The entertainment world in Japan has something called ギャラ(gyara) guarantee money. It's the minimum an actor will be paid just for using their likeness, not necessarily even acting. The amount is of course an industry secret but it's well known that popular actors command very high gyara. W's Phillip, Drive, and Fourze's actors have all hit the big time since KR and are now A-listers who are quite close to being household names. Actors like that probably command a couple thousand if not tens of thousands of dollars in gyara per appearance. Toei just simply can't afford them anymore.

That's why everyone was so surprised when Fourze showed up in the movie. He must have waived his gyara or else there's no way he'd have been in it.

Mizushima Hiro is mostly retired from acting, I doubt they'll manage to get hm.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

Je-zus Gentel Caress this is a pain to watch. Can we fire the producer and get someone that cares about Character Development and Continuity? Because, as it stands, Zi-O is the worst anniversary show/product Toei has put out so far. It feels like a terrible fanfiction that only got approved because the writer has a terminal illness and the Make-A-Wish foundation stepped in to have it made into a legit show.

I dont even know where to begin. Six episodes in and
1) I couldn't care less any of the main characters
2) The plot has more holes than Swiss cheese in a hand drill Gangbang (non-consensual)
3) The plot around defeating the Another Riders makes most of the fight scenes moot until the arc gets resolved
4) The Timejackers -while mildly interesting- aren't doing the writing any favors because of how listless to the plot they are
5) ALL SIDE CHARACTERS ARE ONLY THEIR TO ADVANCE THE PLOT. I realize that this last one isn't really that much of a sold complaint seeing as that's what side characters are for, but here? In this show? It's an egregious slap in the face to proper plot development and
6) As noted before, all these Call back roles are wasted.

I could go on to complain about the whole Takumi/Kusaka relationship being bunk as well, yet I don't feel like wasting my time any more with being angry at this show. For the first time - and I do mean the First Time Ever since I started watching Heisei Kamen Riders (which started with Decade) - I'm not going to bother watching anymore of this show.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Did Mizushima actually retire? I thought he was blacklisted for dumping his agency or something?
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Lunagel wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:08 am Fair enough, there's a lot to bitch about, only made more infuriating by the fact that they know it doesn't make sense and don't care
And the thing is that despite all of this, if it was a better show then it could easily get by on the Rule of Cool. If it's genuinely fun to watch then it doesn't necessarily have to make sense, especially with how hard it is to write clean time travel stories. But thus far the show has not been doing anything cool enough to pull that off.:(
Snarkwing wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:42 pm Granted, it's not like the .5 episode have been much better at covering their asses considering anyone in the know can see how transparent the bullcrap of them is. The one making excuses about Sota Fukushi not coming back by Blaming the Bleach movie's Production and for everyone to go watch The Bleach movie in theaters if you want to see him? Yeah, the Bleach Movie finished all filming last year, it's roadshows and promotional interviews ended months ago...and it left Japanese Theaters last month.
How long ago were 6 & 6.5 filmed though? If first-unit production is a couple of months ahead of the airdate, then as weird as it sounds, all of that would have been accurate at the time it was shot.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I thought he continued acting on his own? He was on Girls or something wasn't he for a bit?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Hrm, dunno. Checking wikipedia, in 2010 he quit one agency and they said he was retiring from entertainment, which he denied. He's basically been a freelancer since then since he's working for his own talent agency. Apparently he's the branding director for Magellan Resorts so I guess he's focusing more on the business aspect/being behind the camera instead of in front of it.

That said, he was in Girls on HBO in 2016 so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sentai/KR are usually filmed max 3 months in advance, movies tend to be about minimum 6 months before release, so yeah... it's pretty much just a bullshit excuse
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I wonder how long until fan feedback for episode one catches up to whatever episode they were recording at the time. It'd be interesting to see if the show takes any sort of tonal shifts in the upcoming months.
PDA
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by PDA »

you can note how shitty is the main character(s) when in all topics about last 6 episodes almost no one care about main chars(zi-o, geiz and girl in white cape).

even wasted cameos of actors of good series in a shitty plot has more attention then main chars.

in topics post episode 3 no one here just give one shit about sougo stupid idea of become king, geiz switch from zi-o killer to zi-o buddy etc.

when shit cameos have more attention than main chars....oh man... how the actual writer still commanding this show?

so far is the first time that one series topics focus on errors etc and all people reach a common opinion of how weak is the series.

some people just talk about uncle be gold rolex, some has hopes about post decade series improves, but right now no one care about main chars...thats one reason to main chars be important but even this the producer broke...

this is the first time that im considering drop one series or just see raw episodes and skip all dialogue and watch just the fights lol, i do this on ghost and fourze but i tried watch at least 20 episodes until start to skip just to see the ending.
PDA
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by PDA »

i cant explain but on episode 2 when sougo and geiz team up for the first time i get a feeling of being tired of see that because these 2 have 0 sinergy, the only reason for stay together is the almigthy script made by a delusional man.

i feel the same sensation of "obligatory combat of episode 4x" when you are already tired of see usual stuff and that was episode 2 !!! the first team up.

so far the sinergy between chars dont get any improvement, Woz and time jackers plus another riders forms normally steal the show.

lets compare with wizard ( next arc according with preview on epi 6) beast and wizard are almost oposites, started as rivals and team up with real unique traits, right now is just boring see geiz or zi-o fighting because is almost all in CGI or zero unique trait or sinergy...theyre just 2 suit actors in funny suits fighting close each other, nothing else.

the best fight so far was geiz x another faiz but due beat fire with fire gimmick...was so boring see both using the same resources(or close to it), at least on decade, tsukasa look for "cards hearts of yugi-oh" for counter riders with compatible powers like "bat for a bat" when uses knight against kiva or faiz acell against thebee clockup.

the overall idea from zio is lame, is just check "e-penis"(sorry if this word is forbidden), riders lose to another riders until riders get armor time and ride watch always beat another watch because faiz kill people for 15 years or at least for more time than 3min than geiz used to master faiz ride watch and literally kick another faiz ass. experience ? doenst matter!!

in base form zio and geiz seems powerless to fight, even in early episodes...
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

In the wrestling world, it became known that Vince Russo was writing for Total Nonstop Action Wrestling, and would chant "Fire Russo" when the 'story lines" of the show were stupid or ignored what happened in the previous show (which was almost always).

Sounds like I am hearing a tokusatsu equivalent to a "Fire Russo" chant now.
Kamen Rider Gumo
Faiz
Favorite series: Zyuranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Reiko Chiba
Favorite Actor?: Takaiwa Seiji
Favorite Band: Twisted Sister
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: DragonBall Z
Quote: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence..."
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Gumo »

I'm really, really trying to like this show, but it's getting harder every week. Faiz is one of my top five favorite Rider shows (right below Blade and Kabuto and just above Gaim and Wizard) and seeing Takumi treated like this is painful.I'll keep watching until it's over - it's getting close to train wreck levels of "can't look away" - but I'm preparing myself to not enjoy it.

resop2 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:06 pm Sounds like I am hearing a tokusatsu equivalent to a "Fire Russo" chant now.
Yes....preferably from a cannon. In orbit. Pointing towards the sun. I'd rather have Urobuchi back and killing off characters faster than George R. R. Martin. (Just as clarification, I tend to love Urobuchi's work. He just has an insanely high body count.)

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”