KR Zi-O 06 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:20 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
9%
☆☆☆☆
23%
☆☆☆
32%
☆☆
18%
18%

Total votes: 22
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Re: KR Zi-O 06 released

Post by Aeikozz »

i'm personally just enjoying it for whatever it is. I've litterly given up on expecting the plot to make sense. As with most time riders I feel like it isn't going to make sense anyways till we get the entire picture/story. So yeah. That was hella fun. I'm loving zi-o so far.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:59 pm I wonder how long until fan feedback for episode one catches up to whatever episode they were recording at the time. It'd be interesting to see if the show takes any sort of tonal shifts in the upcoming months.
What have Japanese fans been saying about the show? Are they as mad as we are?
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I took a casual glance at the first couple results of google and... not really. Most of the comments were saying how nostalgic it was and how Geiz is cool. I dunno if I'm just looking in the wrong place or if they just have much lower expectations.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Snarkwing wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:42 pmThough none of those had this producer heading the project....with exception to possibly Yongou. Anyone know the producer credits on that one?
Written by Nobuhiro Mouri
Directed by Kyohei Yamaguchi
Produced by...
Japanese wiki gave me a few names in that area.

プロデュース - 白倉伸一郎・高橋一浩・大森敬仁・望月卓(東映)、三宅裕士・辻村和也(エイベックス・デジタル)

Running through Google, I got:
Shinichiro Shirakura (which makes sense since the Special was linked to a Taisen film)
Kazuhiro Takahashi who among other titles was the first Head Producer of Kamen Rider Ghost until he got bumped down at ep39 by Asahi's Sasaki Motoi.
Keihito Takahito Omori (Producer of Kyoryuger, Drive and Toei producer on Ex-Aid and Build)
Takashi Mochizuki (Toei) Toei producer on Kyuranger.
Yuji Miyake, Kazuya Tsujimura (Avex Digital) I don't know these guys.

Tl;dr: My assumption would be to give credit to Shirakura since his name is first.
Though sometimes that's tough to distinguish as he took credit for things he handed off to his assistant producers, as we know happened with Faiz and Kabuto.
We do? Huh. Do you have a source on that because it sounds like it'd be an interesting read?
PDA wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:26 pmwhen shit cameos have more attention than main chars....oh man... how the actual writer still commanding this show?
I doubt Shimoyama's actually doing much on this show. I'm trying to put this nicely but, he's likely just a stenographer for this show; just noting down what Shirakura and Naomi Takebe and the others tell him too.
FangTrigger wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:43 pmCan we fire the producer and get someone that cares about Character Development and Continuity?
Shirakura's so high up in Toei though that I'm sure he'd laugh at whoever tried to.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Lunagel wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:22 am I took a casual glance at the first couple results of google and... not really. Most of the comments were saying how nostalgic it was and how Geiz is cool. I dunno if I'm just looking in the wrong place or if they just have much lower expectations.
Sometimes I feel like we're being too harsh on this series, especially given the actual target audience. But then I remember that a dead girl had been running around using her same name for the last 15 years, and no one noticed...
PDA
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by PDA »

ViRGE wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:58 pm
Lunagel wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:22 am I took a casual glance at the first couple results of google and... not really. Most of the comments were saying how nostalgic it was and how Geiz is cool. I dunno if I'm just looking in the wrong place or if they just have much lower expectations.
Sometimes I feel like we're being too harsh on this series, especially given the actual target audience. But then I remember that a dead girl had been running around using her same name for the last 15 years, and no one noticed...
15 years on school...or same class on different schools...

theres no excuse to dumb plot when we have gokaiger, movies and lots of good KR seasons like build, drive, ooo etc (no talking about heisei kuuga to decade like FAIZ, kuuga, agito etc), even ex-aid start very good until producers cowardly step back and start to revive dead characters and do that horrible filler with "CRONUT"....
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The thing I don't get is that they fucked up with Decade, did Gokaiger correctly and then fucked it up again with this.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Catastrophe wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:42 pm The thing I don't get is that they fucked up with Decade, did Gokaiger correctly and then fucked it up again with this.
This.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

now you make me wonder if the next time Sentai in I don't know the 50th anniversary series they make a masterpiece like Gokaiger is
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.

Post by Kuchiri »

I think even when the consensus of this website is positive that something is really good, the forum conversations usually lead to harsh criticisms and complaining about the episode everyone watched. I joined a few Toku Discords in the last few months. Where everyone here was harsh about most of Build's final arc. They are making memes and talking about how it's one of the best things ever. Which is cool. It's healthy to always be open to all opinions. Rider isn't perfect.

Zi-O is a season trying to rectify mistakes from Decade while trying to do a lot of nostalgic Heisei stuff. First things first. Somethings that they are trying.
1. Bringing back previous actors. (I think only three previous riders showed up during the actual series. Now we are at six in six episodes. That's a big push to appease those fans who had that critique)
2. They are trying to tell a more coherent plot. (In Decade... all the plot we got was Narutaki screaming DAMN YOU DECADE and exiting stage left. I think Decade had more plot movement in the movies than in the actual show. In Zi-O we have the whole Oma Zi-O mystery. We have the Timejackers, we have an actual plot that is trying to move forward.)
3. They are even trying to appease the more critical of fans with the '.5' segments. (I know most moan about them. I find them hilarious. They basically tell things bluntly to us why things are and aren't. For example. They mentioned that Fourze and Meteor are in Bleach. Which I already made a post about in the movies section. You can tell the actors and crew are trying to make the most work out of this and have fun with it to. I see the .5 segments as more like the web videos they used to put up. Where the stars of the show play games and do a bunch of behind the scenes jokes, where they are allowed to tell more adult jokes since they are on web video.)
4. They at least are trying to keep the worlds the same. There isn't a kid!Kiva ruining everything that Kiva had good about it. I'm sure like someone says this may be a toku season where we have to wait for the toys to stop being introduced before we get to the meat of the plot. Going back to how everyone might be too harsh on this show. People here tore Gaim to shreds until episode 14-19ish. It's not ideal saying 'Wait 13ish episodes. The show will get good then.' However I think some of the best Rider Seasons had that review from me. (Blade, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid)

On this episode, one way to explain the plot hole on if Another Faiz is gone wouldn't Another Fourze be? I think since Another Faiz was defeated there was still a paradox, that the same person was Another Fourze. Which is why after Zi-O defeated him again, he didn't break into Another Faiz. It also appears so far in this series anyone that was a major part of the change in time remembers the change in time (Except apparently Build and Cross-Z, they lost their memories). Akin to being in the eye of a hurricane. It's a calm in the middle of everything changing around the change in time. So the serial killer remembers all he did, however all of his victims are alive again. Maybe the girls who are back alive now have reoccurring nightmares about a red and silver monster killing them.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Yeah agreed. Not everyone has to have the same opinion about stuff. And just to put it out there, I complain about stuff even when I enjoy them. It's just, after Ghost, Ex-Aid, and Build, I'd really like a Rider series that feels like an undeniable win.

I hope the people who do enjoy Zi-O don't feel like they're being outshouted by the people who find some aspects of it more frustrating.
PDA
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by PDA »

Spoiler
oh man...dan kuroto/Genm actor gonna be back on zi-o but theres a catch...NOT AS GENM, in another arc with another character, at least i see that on youtube and reddit

so...this is how toei do commemorative stuff? lol
Last edited by Go-On Macaroni on Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited spoiler tags onto post.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.

Post by Kuchiri »

Spoilers?
PDA
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by PDA »

Kuchiri wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:13 amSpoilers?

No, just say that a well know actor is coming back but not as earlier character.

Spoiler is say wich arc, character role,episodes etc like is available on twitter/reddit/youtube

Anyways...if my post is forbidden stuff i can delete...
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

It is a spoiler, since it is irrelevant to episode 6
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished: