KR Zi-O 08 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:49 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆☆☆
40%
☆☆☆
20%
☆☆
20%
20%

Total votes: 15
tr0jance
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Mayuko Arisue
Favorite Band: Loaded Diaper
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Imagination
Quote: (silently fades in shadows)
Type: INFP Healer

Re: KR Zi-O 08 released

Post by tr0jance »

Uhm, is it really that hard to get all the main actors from the previous show? I mean they literary skipped Drive and Ghost. Why?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

They can't afford Drive's actor anymore, he's become an A-lister since the show ended.

Ghost it looks like the actor's been in 3 stage plays, a tv drama and a movie just within the last 6 months.

So yeah, it really is that hard.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

This episode was okay. It wasn't bad, but it also wasn't very good.

By and large, Zi-O's biggest problem is that it keeps getting itself in trouble with time travel. It's not done very well, Even without the obvious paradoxes, it just does a bunch of strange stuff that complicates matters. The previous episode all but ignored time travel, and it was stronger for it. (Though it also means that once Zi-O is done with collecting watches and the time travel that comes with it, it might get better).

Conversely however, I felt this was the best guest appearance to date. Trying to meaningfully integrate the old riders has ended up being an exercise in pain every previous time. With Nitou however, he gets a short, quick appearance, and then everything keeps on moving. It's less aspirational, but it also gives the writers less rope from which to hang themselves.

Meanwhile, the BGM situation in this series remains so odd. Some of the tracks are very good. But on the whole they don't thematically fit the show at all...
takenoko wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:49 pm I'm utterly baffled by Geiz's "Whoa, Sougo manipulated me this whole time" reaction at the end.
I second the motion. I don't understand why he thinks he's been duped.

Next Ep:
Spoiler
Dan! Our evil troll god returns! :D
Dante ShadowRoadz
7X

Post by Dante ShadowRoadz »

Well at least the quality is evening out, even if that quality is a total crapshoot :/

This episode managed to feel even more boring than the last one, and Sougo's development is about as bland as WonderBread. Geiz and Woz having a dynamic doesn't mean jack if they don't actually do anything with it, but then again, why am I expecting anything to happen in this season at all anyways at this point? Geiz Wizard Armor is decent, the back flanges are a little too oversized for it though.

And I know this is probably way more elaborate than I should dare to expect from them by now, but how the heck does Wizard disappearing overwrite Beast at all? With Build, Ex-Aid and Fourze all the secondary Riders were directly connected to the main Rider via the exact same technology (Build Driver and Game Driver, and technically with both Fourze and Meteor since they both used Astral Switches) but Beast had a whole other conceptual power source from Wizard, plus by all accounts he got bonded to his Driver even before Wizard did so changing his time line directly would affect Beast's, but not to the extent of erasing him from history like that. Again, way more than they can probably think about.

Also my head already hurts imagining Dan Kuroto as Another OOO.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Dante ShadowRoadz wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:03 pmbut Beast had a whole other conceptual power source from Wizard, plus by all accounts he got bonded to his Driver even before Wizard did so changing his time line directly would affect Beast's, but not to the extent of erasing him from history like that.
A wizard did it.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Bad writing? There isn't any point trying to rationalise it.
maryadavies
Go Go!
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by maryadavies »

BTW, I have a theory with the ridewatches.

I think Beast here showed that if the rider has their watch, they can still transform. So to bring back the riders..Give them back their ridewatches?

I do think we'll see Beast again later, and hopefully used better.
My Backloggery
Never forget where you've been...
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I thought that was just because Another Wizard was beaten during that period.
KRDangerousZombie
7X
Favorite series: Sentai:Go-Busters Kamen Rider:W
2nd Favorite Series: Sentai:Toqger
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Post by KRDangerousZombie »

Can you imagine how fucking excited i got when i saw the end of this episode?

I had other comments & feelings about this episode, but they were nuked into insignificance when i saw that gashat.
Completed Series
Sentai
: Abaranger-Ryusoulger
Kamen Rider : Black to Zi-O
Garo : Every non-anime season.

Watching Series
Zero-One, Kiramager.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”