KR Zi-O 11 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:42 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
42%
☆☆☆☆
50%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
8%

Total votes: 12
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: KR Zi-O 11 released

Post by Kurokage X »

man I don't know what happened in between when I bailed out of this show but it's getting interesting I guess. Tsukoyomi ends u knowing that there's two Sougos but what's future Sougo's deal?

and I guess two Koutas. That's a plus in my book, even if the other one lost his memories. Though I question what did Kaito eat since he's stuck in Helheim, can't be the fruits otherwise he'd be an invess
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
jabsjab
Number 6
Number 6

Post by jabsjab »

There are three things I want to say after watching this episode:

1. Did anyone notice how the dancers flip their coat just to fall down when Another Gaim appeared?

2. So Sougo just revealed himself as Kamen Rider Zi-O to the whole spectators? And I thought Kamen Rider's identity was suppose to be a secret.

3. They let a bearded man to be in Team Baron? I thought all the dancers are clean cut or no bearded guys?
PDA
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by PDA »

the new sougo looks less dumb...so the writers want tease him like oma-zio but this is so obvious than probably theres a catch and black sougo probably gonna be a mirror image, temporary thing probably vanishing like appearing....Without Explanation.

for that black sougo I'm thinking on the flash animated Zoom after flashpoint, where zoom died but was fast enough to keep one time clone on his place or savitar in CW series...
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I think the explanation of the second Shogo is simple. Shogo went back in time, but then instead of coming back to the same time he left, or to an equivalent amount of time after that, he thought it would be way cool to come back before he left and mess with people.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

jabsjab wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:37 am2. So Sougo just revealed himself as Kamen Rider Zi-O to the whole spectators? And I thought Kamen Rider's identity was suppose to be a secret.
The only main Riders of the last decade to care about a secret identity are Kiva and Drive. Everyone else either didn't care, or openly flaunted who they were.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
darkmage02
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
Dreamy: Miu from Fourze
Favorite Band: The GazettE
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: DIGIMON!
Quote: I devour your dreams as I watch you despair.

Post by darkmage02 »

Honestly this is the best episode of the series so far. Sougo's IQ of a carrot still bothers me, but didn't take my enjoyment away on the other characters and story going on in this episode. This episode is also a throwback to the Knuckle segment of Gaim Gaiden, where the guy was thrown out of Team Baron and comes back for revenge. The guy is even named Asura as a reference to Shura. I like how Fruit Jesus isn't affected by the timeline shift and he's probably sitting there watching all events unfold and impart some subtle wisdom to Mr. Carrot. I also like how Geiz's character finally feels like it's having some sort of development, with him playing ball with the Time Jackers for a bit before realising he's above hurting innocents and gets paired up with Kaito in Helheim. Man, I like how Kaito is still pretty much the same post/pre-time shift and I feel like his preaching about the strength to carry out one's own will and protect the weak is just what's needed to push Geiz's character forward.

Surprisingly, even the comedy actually work out quite well in this episode. Sougo's uncle is pretty spot on - him feeling ecstatic over someone FINALLY sending a clock for him to repair is hilarious and serves the running gag well. Not a big fan of Tsukuyomi being quite densed in this episode (she's usually the smartest of the trio) but hey, I chuckled when she finally realised Mr. Carrot is wearing two different shirts.

I think someone mentioned in previous thread that the fights in last episode is pretty well done and I feel like this episode upped that ante a bit. The fight scenes feel very well choreographed and quite brutal & raw, even. Something I haven't seen in a KR series for quite some time (I always lament how Build's fights can sometimes feel like bunch of suited men dancing around in plastic props).

All in all, a really solid episode for Zi-O. I have to give it a 4/5 this week, if only Mr. Carrot isn't so insufferable I would've given it a 5.
Complete. Start Up. 3. 2. 1. Time Out. Reformation.
ryujin
Gabu
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Zero
Dreamy: Matsuyama Mary
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: PS4
Quote: R/B is just ORB without the O and Tiga is just Taiga without the A ... tabun :P
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by ryujin »

This episode is only good because there's cool time travel mystery involved here with the two Sougo's and 2 Kouta's, btw, i like the new threads on God Kouta, he's not wearing that ridunculous armor LOL!

I'm still surprised how the series was able to get Sano Gaku back to reprise his role, that's a big plus for me, Gaim was good but the dancing parts was real cringe-y for me, dumb even.

Sougo is still the worst rider that i've ever seen and probably ever existed (in any timeline for that matter), and his I.Q. that being of a carrot is an insult to all the carrots, he's way worse imo :P

5 yrs. in helheim?!, you mother freakin' kidding me, you expect me to believe that bullcrap, i'm not expecting "Cast Away" here but Kaito still looks like he just got there yesterday.
darkmage02
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by darkmage02 »

ryujin wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:34 am 5 yrs. in helheim?!, you mother freakin' kidding me, you expect me to believe that bullcrap, i'm not expecting "Cast Away" here but Kaito still looks like he just got there yesterday.
Kaito even finds a way to keep his hair perfectly styled! That's my man there :lol:
ryujin
Gabu
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Zero
Dreamy: Matsuyama Mary
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: PS4
Quote: R/B is just ORB without the O and Tiga is just Taiga without the A ... tabun :P
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by ryujin »

^ Good God, i know this show is for kids but kids these days aren't that dumb to fall for this crap lol!, 5 years stranded in a remote alien jungle with monsters and still lookin' fresh and cool, i was like, WTF!?, oh wait, is there a joke here i never saw, like, Kaito's badass-ness prevented him from looking like a hobo all these years :P, it would make "some" sense if he's an Overlord there now though.
Dante ShadowRoadz
7X

Post by Dante ShadowRoadz »

Man it just keeps getting weirder and they keep digging up more plot holes >_>;

I'll actually buy the fact that Kouta and Kaito are both "split" from their original selves, Kaito was sorta absorbed into Helheim in the movie even after he died and Helheim's dimensional traversing nature probably makes it roughly askew from the normal cause-effect of time anyways so First Man Kouta would probably still be around to some degree (why am I applying logic to this, Toei obviously isn't). And what is with the obsession with oversized back flanges, first Wizard and now Gaim, it's overkill. And I kinda love/hate that possibly the best choreography they've had so far was with two time displaced versions of the same guy fighting together, I dunno if its a "so bad it's good" thing or what.
darkmage02
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by darkmage02 »

Dante ShadowRoadz wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:17 pm And I kinda love/hate that possibly the best choreography they've had so far was with two time displaced versions of the same guy fighting together, I dunno if its a "so bad it's good" thing or what.
The fights in this episode is more brutal and raw than previous, so I guess it's one of the few goods in the many bads?
Strykor
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Wizard
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkengers
Favorite Band: The Beatles
Alignment: Neutral
Quote: Ever have one of those flashbacks...

Post by Strykor »

Seems like a spoiler question? Just watch the preview and check yourself -take

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”