KR Zi-O 11 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:42 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
42%
☆☆☆☆
50%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
8%

Total votes: 12
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zi-O 11 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's Zi-O rating: 3.31 / 5 (13 votes)

Alt Title: Space god still trumps king

Hurray for time travel shenanigans. Feel like Tsukuyomi was unnecessarily dense, but hey, she figured it out at least. And we do get a nice callback to episode one.

After Geiz gets caught in a Timejacker Eyes Wide Shut situation (awesome visual, but what the heck was the point?) he gets shoved in a dimensional vagina to hang out with Kaito in the guest star realm. Seriously, they better have Kaito around to pontificate on the nature of strength or they're going to waste him.

And we get space god Kouta for a bit, but actual Kouta doesn't even appear till the end. So about on par with guest star use, hopefully he and Kaito will get to do more in the next episode.

Overall, really liked this episode. If you're going to have a time travel series, then this is the kind of plot that I'd hope for.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Zi-O 11 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

I should watch more Kubrick aside from Shining, 2001, Clockwork Orange or Eyes.

The Cold Open gave me a chuckle and then our Overlord has given our Demon Lord a perplexing challenge of dual personalities.

The Jackers break bread with Geiz, but he throws crumbs onto Schwartz after discussing his proposal to end Sougo on their terms. And then Kaito comes back to test our secondary Rider.

That gag from EP01 again. Surely, there’s a better way to be a heckler in a concert.

The MOTW’s name is Asura?? Seems this timeline had been screwed so hard by the Jackers that it referenced Shura/Black Baron from Gaim Gaiden.

Loved Junichirou's scenes in this episode. Hey TV Asahi, give Yabe Kenzou a 3rd season AND a movie!!

OK episode.

Some Gaim actors/actresses like Yuumi Shida (Mai), Gaku Shindo (Zack), Metal Yoshida (Oren), Saku Momose (Peko) retweeted that their fellow Gaim actors are gonna be in Zi-O. Unfortunately, Mahiro Takasugi (Mitsuzane) and Yuki Kubota (Takatora) said nothing of it. I miss them too.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
TorchWood
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Pirate Sentai GoKaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Special Operations Squadron Go-Busters
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Post by TorchWood »

Uhhh......

I guess that's one way to have a Kamen Rider-Garo crossover.
Something happening on a show turns into a board comment.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

The first five stars from me. I think the writers have figured out that Slugo does have the IQ of a carrot so they are doing episodes where the plot depends on him doing the dumbest things imaginable. Awesome selling job by Tsukuyomi. She probably figured it out quickly but rejected the obvious explanation since she couldn't believe that Sougo would be that dumb. Also, a good job by Woz showing that Shogo's actions were seriously screwing things up by selling that his book was not working.

It would actually make sense for Zi-O to be Ryuuga Continuity if they do a Decade arc (since Jinga is played by the same actor as Decade).

Are the Timejackers rivals or friends? Why would Oha want to be buddies with Schwartz?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

If Kaito was in Helheim for 5 years, what the fuck did he eat?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Possibility 1: where are the other dancers?

Possibility 2: fruit fruit everywhere, Kaito is a monster
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It's bullshit but I don't expect anything better at this point.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Well that was certainly a trippy episode from start to end. Funny how it's also the best episode the series thus far.

Normally when Toei explains nothing it's for bad reasons. Here it... okay, it's probably still for bad reasons - but it works in this episode. I have significant concerns that the writers aren't going to be able to stick the landing given how much trouble the show has had thus far. But the build up certainly worked here.

Overall everything finally worked right for once. The last two episodes worked reasonably well because of the guests and despite the core cast; this episode by comparison makes sparingly little use of the guests, and the core cast carries most of it. And yet those guest moments were used perfectly to advance the plot in an appropriate manner, without being inauthentic to the characters or covering for plot holes/core character weaknesses.

Sougo is still as dumb as a turnip. This is a problem. But in an episode that's clearly intending to play with time travel and screw with the viewers, it works. Also, angry/frustrated Tsukuyomi is the best damn Tsukuyomi thus far. It finally shows off what her actress can do.

I also have to assume that meeting yourself in a past timeline is a bad thing. And I guess we'll find out just how bad next week.

Finally, this may just be coincidental since the series is still in its early episodes. But does anyone else find it interesting that the recent run of good episodes were all written by someone other than the series' main writer; in this case Mouri Nobuhiro? Like I said, it may just be coincidence - bringing in Nobuhiro makes sense anyhow since he was a sub-writer on both OOO and Gaim. But the writer situation may bear keeping an eye on.

Also, for some reason I find it incredibly amusing that a phone that transcends space and time can end up somewhere where it won't work.:P
takenoko wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:42 pmAfter Geiz gets caught in a Timejacker Eyes Wide Shut situation (awesome visual, but what the heck was the point?)
I caught that as well. It was very interesting. I really don't think there's a significant point to it, but as a general mind-screw episode, it is meant to help illustrate the temporally irregular nature of the Timejackers. The visuals for Helheim were also a step above what Gaim did, especially with the top and bottom of the frame scrolling by, seemingly disconnected from the mid-frame.
he gets shoved in a dimensional vagina
This is the second time this week I've heard this analogy. And it's only Tuesday. :shock:
resop2 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:50 pmI think the writers have figured out that Slugo does have the IQ of a carrot
A turnip, not a carrot. Let's not insult the carrots here. :P
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

There's a thing about visual canon. In My Little Pony, there are some visual gags that only Pinkie Pie can do because that's her character. Deadpool breaks the fourth wall because that's his character.

It's still very early on, but are the Timejackers the kind of people who stand on ceilings and summon masked dancers? I don't know if they've taken me out on enough dates for me to decide I'm okay with that. If that's who they are, maybe set it up, have a little foreplay. Cool and weird stuff is good, but don't just stick it in for no reason. Set it up a little?
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I dunno. Haven't they been setting it up a little? I feel like they've gotten a bit weirder in every arc.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Well, no? As far as anything this show has given me, the Timejackers are just regular people like Woz, Tsukuyomi, and Geiz, the only exception is they travel through time. Time related abilities aside, have they given any explanation for why Uhr can defy gravity or Schwartz keeps a group of dancers in his pocket?
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:41 am Well, no? As far as anything this show has given me, the Timejackers are just regular people like Woz, Tsukuyomi, and Geiz, the only exception is they travel through time. Time related abilities aside, have they given any explanation for why Uhr can defy gravity or Schwartz keeps a group of dancers in his pocket?
Ahh, okay. You're looking for a technical explanation as to why they have these abilities. My focus was more on the fact that the Timejackers being weird manipulators of reality isn't new.

Being KR, I don't expect they're going to answer that one for a while. :| But I don't think they're regular people.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

A wizard did it.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:05 am A wizard did it.
ONORE DECADE WIZARD.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

This episode does appear to imply that Kazuraba Kouta Shin hasn't been affected by the time alterations, which makes sense, he's a god. So now there are 2 Koutas. Kouta Shin, the one we all know and "love", and this new Kouta, who never became a god.

As for what Kaito's eating, yeah, it doesn't make sense. To eat the Helheim Fruits safely he'd need his Sengoku Driver, but if he has that (This is presumably set after he became Baron, but did that get undone when Gaim got erased?) then he should also have his bike, to just ride home on.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”