KR Zi-O 13 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:17 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
41%
☆☆☆☆
41%
☆☆☆
12%
☆☆
6%
No votes

Total votes: 17
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: KR Zi-O 13 released

Post by takenoko »

HowlingSnail wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:35 am Random point to make as well, the pink Decade Driver is officially called the Neo Decade Driver. As someone who's always been in favour of the term "Neo-Heisei", I'm well up for this.
I don't understand why he has a new belt. He's Decade, he's not Kamen Rider Two Decades.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:49 pm
HowlingSnail wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:35 am Random point to make as well, the pink Decade Driver is officially called the Neo Decade Driver. As someone who's always been in favour of the term "Neo-Heisei", I'm well up for this.
I don't understand why he has a new belt. He's Decade, he's not Kamen Rider Two Decades.
Money. This way Bandai can justify re-releasing it when the CSM already exists. The new belt has Kamen and Final Attack Rides for Double to Zi-O, after all.

That said, some people are speculating that it's because this guy is actually Another Decade.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I give this episode my first 5 because:

* Kamen Rider Jinga rules

* The non-glasses guy minion got to do more in this episode than the entire series of Ghost

* The Timejackers seem to have found their own Peach Pit

* Geiz vs Shogo now seems to be ripping off The Pink Panther

* Geiz explained why he had Ghost and Drive

Some suggestions moving forward:

This idea could make Toei money (gasp): Have pocket sized versions of the Timemazines. Unless they are being stored in Akane Tendou hammer space or in the Ganglar World, these mecha are awfully big and conspicuous to believe that they have them parked somewhere. If they have a scene where Giez, Tsukuyomi, Heure, Woz, Ora or Schwartz pull out their pocket timemazine, throw it into the air with a magic release word and have the timemazine super size, then you close a plot hole and sell toys.

Another idea: Have Tsukuyomi work on her pocket time machine and complain to Shogo that he damaged it by non-linear time travel: the Timemazine is only supposed to be used to go back in time and then come back to the point in time after you left that corresponds to the amount of time that you spent in past. Also, the Timemazines need rest in between use, and cannot be used to repetitively go back in time to the same place and time unless it is done in a completely linear manner.

Final idea: Have Decade pull out the Shinkenger card and have Woz, the Timejackers, Geiz and Tsukuyomi freak out wondering what the heck it is.
darkmage02
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
Dreamy: Miu from Fourze
Favorite Band: The GazettE
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: DIGIMON!
Quote: I devour your dreams as I watch you despair.

Post by darkmage02 »

Since I didn't post anything about episode 12 (because it just fell off the rail for me after the excellent setup in episode 11) I have to say episode 13 is now by far the best in the series at this point. Ironic how it took another anniversary Rider to make a good episode in this year's anniversary series. I really enjoyed seeing Decade curb stomping everyone in this episode, even going as far as to say Geiz is nothing compared to him. So much badassery there.

I also like how Decade is probably mind fucking everyone, even the Time Jackers. He obviously has his own agenda, and has shown to never have qualms playing balls with heroes and villains alike to get what he wants. That's one thing I really like about Decade's character. He even throws in "I've got the gist of it" several times in the episode, further hinting at that.

New magenta driver does take abit of getting used to, and while I like the Agito & Hibiki fanservice (he even pulled out their finishers!) I'll be upset if I don't get to see Decade's base form at least once. I wanna hear that "FINAL ATTACK RIDE - DE-DE-DE-DECADE!!" once again!

As someone who really dislike Ghost, Takeru is actually alright here. Even the two temple guys who I never remember their names got abit more to do here. Takeru seems more matured and composed here than he did in his own series, and I like this vibe that being a paranormal investigator, he has seen some weird shit out there so this whole monster-Rider-ghost thing doesn't faze him much. Heck, I think it's cool how he did the hand gesture thing to shoot out some magic to save Sougo. The villain of the week has quite a good backstory to him and you can tell he's just a good guy caught in a bad situation, and his ending will likely be tragic. This is how I feel alot of times Ghost should have been, for a series centering around the paranormals and afterworld.

Now, onto the bad. As each episode pass by, I can stand Geiz less and less. He started out okay, but now his very reasoning of being here in the present timeline has been turned into a comic relief. When you start making fun of a character's main motivation for his actions, that's when you truly discredit that character and takes away the weight of his actions from the viewers. While this alone didn't warrant making episode 13 a bad one, it did take away the 1 star that would've make this show a 5 for me.
Spoiler
Onto next episode shenanigans, Makoto is back and Takeru transforms?! Is being in the Gamma dimension safe from the time fracture? And how does Takeru remembers being Ghost?
I NEED MORE DECADE! Toei, make him a recurring character please?
Complete. Start Up. 3. 2. 1. Time Out. Reformation.
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

Kamen Rider Blade wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:12 pm It's not pink, it's Magenta
NEIN IT'S 100% PINK!!!!! ...IDK, I was having a giddy fanboy moment everytime Decade was on screen doing what he does best...doing whatever the hell he wants xD. I have a weird feeling that there's a pretty good chance that he'll become a reoccurring character in Zi-O since he was the last "anniversary" type rider...that and I've decided that Masahiro Inoue will be playing Tsukasa until the day he dies :3
RoxasXIII
Infinity

Post by RoxasXIII »

to accomodate w until zi-o, i think

the belt now has those rider's symbol too
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Hey hey, KR on a Tuesday! I don't know what we did to earn this, but I'll take it! :mrgreen:

Combining Decade with Ghost. That's a genuinely gutsy move on the part of the writers, as those were both pretty awful series. So done incorrectly, and you could easily compound their awfulness into one big ball of fail.

Thankfully that doesn't happen here, although I don't think this is the greatest episode of the series thus far. The setup is good, and shit is going down.

Multiple cameos? Check
Fighting in fancier locations? Check
The heroes get their asses kicked? Check
The Destroyer of Worlds is screwing with everyone? Check
Sougo is still a carrot? Ugh. Check

The fact that Sougo is still more the Demon Carrot than the Demon King here is probably the weakest point of this episode. He's incredibly passive in his own show, and that makes him a rather boring character despite all of these fantastic things going on. Ultimately the best part of this series remains the things that aren't Sougo and Geiz, and that's not a good thing.

I have to assume that at some point here Woz is going to go fully evil, but one thing at a time. He's never been a staunch ally of Zi-O - rather he's an ally of Oma Zi-O - so I'm not surprised to see him helping the Timejackers. Conversely, it could all be a feint to help Sougo. So we shall see.

The MOTW is also an interesting twist. Perhaps an expected trope at this point, but interesting none the less. The one bit I don't think this episode does a very good job of explaining is whether he's working of his own free will at this point; is he making the best of a bad situation, or is he basically a zombie of justice?

Also, I got a good, hearty laugh out of Sougo sicking the Little Ball on Uhr.:lol: It's so stupid and yet logical at the same time; this weak little item can't really do anything to Uhr, but he needs to deal with it all the same.

13.5: Someone is going to have to explain the Drive thing to me. I don't get it. Can they not say his name or something?
takenoko wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:17 pm Another Ghost is pretty cool. He's got a good backstory and actually freaking acts like a Rider. His background reminds me of Ghost Rider.
As it should. They aren't even trying to be subtle about it. Just look at Another Ghost's design: he has the leather jacket and the head that looks suspiciously like a flaming skull. All he needs is a chain whip and he'd be Kamen Rider Ghost Rider.
takenoko wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:11 am Is that why his belt is pink? I don't really like it...
I must be missing something here. I thought the Decade Driver was already pink? Pink has always been Decade's thing.
darkmage02 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:43 pm As someone who really dislike Ghost, Takeru is actually alright here. Even the two temple guys who I never remember their names got abit more to do here. Takeru seems more matured and composed here than he did in his own series, and I like this vibe that being a paranormal investigator, he has seen some weird shit out there so this whole monster-Rider-ghost thing doesn't faze him much. Heck, I think it's cool how he did the hand gesture thing to shoot out some magic to save Sougo.
Agreed. I'm having a bit of a hard time putting my thumb on exactly how he's improved because it's not one or two super obvious things - and it's entirely possible that this is just a matter of looking better standing next to the Demon Carrot - but he's already better here than he ever was in KR Ghost. And that's despite the fact that he's not even transforming. Nobuhiro was a secondary writer on Ghost, so this is probably his best chance to try to redeem that show.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

it's sooo good to have decade back. i hope he hijacks the show.
Kamen Rider Blade
Go Go!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Blade »

I just want Decade to remain on the Zi-O as the 3rd or 4th rider until the show ends.

He got shafted out of episode count when he was the protagonist on his own show.

He deserves alot more screen time and be semi antagonist without being an outright heel.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

ViRGE wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:05 am 13.5: Someone is going to have to explain the Drive thing to me. I don't get it. Can they not say his name or something?
Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: The Japanese media industry is a labyrinth of unwritten and written rules and the talent agencies can be draconian in their control of their stars. A lot of them will charge for even using a picture of the celeb in question, or levy huge fines for using one they never approved of. The Johnny's talent agency, arguably one of the largest and well-known agencies, even had a ban against their stars using social media as they want to have final say as to what images got used. (the ban has since been relaxed but there is strict policy in place) Generally you can say a person's name on a regular variety tv show, one that won't get a DVD and has no merchandising to speak of, but once you start charging for product, then the agencies are going to start wanting their cut. As they charge extra for the .5s and I wouldn't be surprised if they get shoved onto a DVD later, they're just covering their asses.

You can't say Dragon Ball because it's copyrighted, and you can't say Amuro Namie or Takeuchi Ryouma because they've basically been copyrighted too.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Thanks Luna!

Someone really needs to introduce Japan to the concept of fair use...
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

RoxasXIII wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:42 am

Snarkwing
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by Snarkwing »

HowlingSnail wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:27 am I should point out by the way that's been officially confirmed to be Heure, not Uhr, here: https://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/zi-o/rider/i ... heure.html

I know official spellings aren't always correct, but in this case I think it is. ウール is MUCH closer to Heure than Uhr, which would be something like ウア or ウアー.
Yeah...no. They changed the language it was Translating to/From. It still translates fully as 'Hour' when taken to English, but "Uhr" is German for Hour, and "Heure" is French for Hour. the original Kana though matched up with going from japanese to german, but arbitrarily they decided the French Romanization was the one they wanted to use now, but IIRC from when this was first discussed a few weeks ago that has different kana for it than what they used.
It's basically the same as when Ghost suddenly decided to change "Alan" to "Alain", but they did this earlier on than Ghost did; where it didn't happen until the main writer came back for a filler and did that.

takenoko wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:04 pm

According to masahiro Inoue on twitter (translated by tom Constantine from Tokunet), he wanted it. https://twitter.com/TomConstantines/sta ... 1292275712
LiLAsN
Gao

Post by LiLAsN »

But it has been 2 decades.
He has gained the powers of 2 decades worth of Kamen Riders. Thus, it makes it appropriate.
They need a way to show that he has upgraded himself over the last 10 years since his debut.
And what better way to show this than a belt that has a different colour and now twice the symbols of all the Kamen Riders including the ones after Decade.

Even the preview for the next episode shows him using Ghost's form and along with using Ghost's Final Attack alongside the Another Rider.
Thus, a new upgraded belt will be better suited to show that he has been improving and has been collecting the Second Heisei Rider powers even after his story ended.

But watching the upcoming movie trailer, his belt is back to White.
So officially, his belt will be white as that is what the original fans of his series remembers it as.
But to those watching Zi-O, consider him as an upgraded character similar to how they have Kuuga follow Decade around in his own season. Albeit, with a different actor to play Kuuga's role back then.

But at least this time, we can have the original actor playing his role which is even better. And isn't it good to see our hero improved over the years? You mean Decade is supposed to have done nothing over the past 10 years with no sort of upgrade to himself when his role is to collect the rider's powers from the different worlds? It only makes sense.

Though I personally still prefer the White belt personally. Would have looked a lot better than the Magenta one. But in terms of selling the toys, it will give people more reason to buy the new one as it looks way different than the old. And it will also help kids know that the Magenta one is the updated one with the ability to use new Second Heisei Rider cards.

I really really hope he will be a mainstay just like how Kamen Rider Chaser was to Drive where they constantly had to fight as they were enemies for a period of time before maybe Decade reveals his true intention like perhaps having had observed how Zi-O went wrong in another world or something.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Snarkwing wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:04 pm

According to masahiro Inoue on twitter (translated by tom Constantine from Tokunet), he wanted it. https://twitter.com/TomConstantines/sta ... 1292275712
Silly Inoue, don't you know that you're Kamen Rider Decade, not Kamen Rider Two Decades?

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”