KR Zi-O 14 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:43 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
53%
☆☆☆☆
29%
☆☆☆
12%
☆☆
6%
No votes

Total votes: 17
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: KR Zi-O 14 released

Post by HowlingSnail »

Things rarely show up in the show after their toy debut. That said, Double and Kuuga Armours are both in Heisei Generations Forever, so there's that.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I'm still thinking that after they burn through the Rider Watches at a pace of two per arc they will then turn to Ranger Watches, just because they are there.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

resop2 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:50 am I'm still thinking that after they burn through the Rider Watches at a pace of two per arc they will then turn to Ranger Watches, just because they are there.
They're...they're really not gonna do that. I'm not sure why you would think they would. There is Super Sentai text in the Ziku Driver toy, but that'll be purely for a Sentai Ride Watch they'll do in a toy at some point, like they did with the SS Full Bottle, the SS Wizard Ring, or the Den-O Ressha. (Or the Build and Kamen Rider VS Vehicles that have sounds but have never been released).
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by resop2 »

HowlingSnail wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:58 am
resop2 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:50 am I'm still thinking that after they burn through the Rider Watches at a pace of two per arc they will then turn to Ranger Watches, just because they are there.
They're...they're really not gonna do that. I'm not sure why you would think they would. There is Super Sentai text in the Ziku Driver toy, but that'll be purely for a Sentai Ride Watch they'll do in a toy at some point, like they did with the SS Full Bottle, the SS Wizard Ring, or the Den-O Ressha. (Or the Build and Kamen Rider VS Vehicles that have sounds but have never been released).
Because Decade has been in a Super Sentai universe and has the Shinkengers card.

Because, as far as I know, Kamen Riders have never used multiple large anthropomorphic machines before. And, if they have, did they look like they could be combined into a Megazord?

Because Ora and Heure are way too cute to stay villains for the whole season and are already color coded.
darkmage02
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
Dreamy: Miu from Fourze
Favorite Band: The GazettE
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: DIGIMON!
Quote: I devour your dreams as I watch you despair.

Post by darkmage02 »

Whoaaa we got a lot to talk about this episode. The Gaim part was good, but the Ghost part was even better. This is how Zi-O should've been from the start - give the Legend Riders some cool stuffs to do, have them henshin and be crucially involved in the plot but without taking the spotlight away too much from the leads. I'm usually not well-informed on who writes and who directs which episodes but I sure hope whoever did these last 2 will continue doing a good job and then maybe, just maybe, Zi-O will not be the worst Heisei series ever made.

Funny how these last 2 episodes made me grew to like Takeru so much more than when he was the star in his own show. He's still very good natured, boy-ish looking and all but something bout him feels very mature. Props to Zi-O for reminding us how forgettable Makoto is, comes in out of the blue (hah..) and then disappears. It's almost as tho the writer is poking fun at him, but still, it's still pretty neat to hear Takeru calling him Makoto-niichan again and them transforming together.

The highlight of the episode is definitely Tsukasa. Even though there's less of him this time around, every moment of his on-screen presence just screams awesomeness. It's pretty much proven now he's several levels more powerful than ever, and the way he dispatch off Geiz is both exhilarating and fan-service at its finest. This episode further confirms my belief that being able to change to the Rider itself instead of putting on gimmicky armor is far more powerful. Just look at the way he taps into all the different powers of Ghost and completely obliterate Geiz's Ghost Armor. You bad, bad boi, Tsukasa. I'm extremely happy he's gonna be around for more than 2 episodes. I dunno if Toei can afford having him for the long run (the actor must be crazy expensive); he doesn't need to be in every episode but just have him show up from time to time, playing anti-hero/antagonist to Sougo & Geiz is fine with me. I also understand that Tsukasa will be very show-stealing (I mean, 10 seconds of Tsukasa is better than 13 episodes of Sougo.. yea Toei, go figure) so fingers crossed they will use his character wisely and give us fans something to look forward to in future episodes.

One thing I can't stand though, is the Decade Armor on Zi-O. Holyyyy fuck that's ugly. Like fucking, world-shattering ugly. I understand they might wanna go in-theme or even cost-cutting with the armor and form upgrades of Zi-O but WHAT THE FUCK IS WITH THAT UGLY FACE PANEL ON THE HELMET. I cringed the entire time Zi-O is in that armor form, and I can say for sure it won't grow on me. Ex-Aid's armors and forms grew on me with time, but not this abomination. It's like someone just tore apart pieces of different Rider suits and stitch them up for Halloween costume. Tho I have to say the attacks and combos that come with this Decade Armor is pretty cool af.

Overall, I'm satisfied with this episode. Zi-O, please keep it up. 2 straight weeks of 4/5 is a new high for me when it comes to Zi-O.

Random things I enjoyed:

- Tsukasa opening up dimension portal that can also time travel. How OP is this m'dfaker?
- Decade crushing the Ghost Timewatch. You telling me this guy can negate Zi-O's & Geiz's power ups?
- Ora flirting with Tsukasa. YES I CAN SEE THE FLIRT IN ORA'S EYES IDC WHAT ANYONE SAYS. Ora is bae <3
- Sougo being less of a carrot this episode. I didn't think it's possible, but he's actually quite convincing that he has some semblance of intelligence in his carrot brain.
- Tsukasa calling Zi-O & Geiz wimps. If that doesn't scream power, I don't know what is. He hands Zi-O his form upgrade knowing that he can beat the shit out of Zi-O still.
- Tsukasa eating Sougo's dinner. Please drop by and eat his dinner more. Please?
- Tsukasa telling to Sougo's face that he can't be king cause he's gonna destroy his world. This is also the first time I've actually seen anger in Sougo's face.
- Tsukasa needs a movie of his own again. Something along the vein of Decade - Den-O films. Please, Toei?
Complete. Start Up. 3. 2. 1. Time Out. Reformation.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

darkmage02 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:34 pm I'm usually not well-informed on who writes and who directs which episodes but I sure hope whoever did these last 2 will continue doing a good job and then maybe, just maybe, Zi-O will not be the worst Heisei series ever made.
There's a link to the wiki page for the episode in the first post of each thread, and there's also a link to the wiki at the top of the forum.

For this episode:
Writer Mouri Nobuhiro
Director Morota Satoshi
darkmage02
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by darkmage02 »

takenoko wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:44 pm There's a link to the wiki page for the episode in the first post of each thread, and there's also a link to the wiki at the top of the forum.

For this episode:
Writer Mouri Nobuhiro
Director Morota Satoshi
Thanks for pointing it out!
Kamen Rider Blade
Go Go!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Blade »

Tsukuyomi's super cute, I want to see her constantly wearing pink =D
Arclight
There are four lights!
There are four lights!

Post by Arclight »

Is it me or are you getting a Tommy Oliver feel with Tsukasa, both of them seem to now be the big powerful characters in their respective universes.

Every time Tsukasa has bitch slapped Geiz has always made me smile

And now we also know that Tsukasa can negate the power of the rider watches it makes the chance that Drive watch and the movie watches can be depowered and given out again so no story arc in the show can be missed....

....and so we can have more Decade.
darkmage02
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by darkmage02 »

Kamen Rider Blade wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:36 pm Tsukuyomi's super cute, I want to see her constantly wearing pink =D
She's wearing pink in this episode? I thought she's always wearing white. Or perhaps I didn't notice...
Arclight wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:03 am Is it me or are you getting a Tommy Oliver feel with Tsukasa, both of them seem to now be the big powerful characters in their respective universes.
In a sense yes, tho I would say the difference is Tommy Oliver has to his advantage years of experience and most recently access to all version of his Ranger powers, while Tsukasa is the ability of using all Riders of the past & future's power. For me, that is the more OP of the two.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

darkmage02 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:11 am She's wearing pink in this episode? I thought she's always wearing white. Or perhaps I didn't notice...
In the .5 bit. It's the return of Tsukasa insisting Decade is magenta.
Kamen Rider Blade
Go Go!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Blade »

Because it is magenta.

RGB & CYMK

The M is for Magenta.

That's what they base Decades two primary tones of color (Black & Magenta) on.
Kamen_Rider_Sharon
I am not a number. I am an individual!
I am not a number. I am an individual!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Tendou Souji
Favorite Actor?: Yuriko Shiratori

Post by Kamen_Rider_Sharon »

I must be the only person here not to not mind Ghost, but maybe its more the actor than the show to be honest.

Love this episode, loved the original riders got to fight as I was disappointed when previous legend riders didn't get to transform, they should have done this for all episodes they could get the actors back for.

I agree why would Geiz give the watch to Zi-O if he doesn't want him to become the demon king and use it himself... i guess its things like this i have to remind myself this show is primarily for kids.
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

With this episode i feel super sentai missed it chance to do a combined episode of kyurangers and gokaigers even more.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by resop2 »

Even though Jyuougers and Ghost did a crossover episode, I think they missed out on doing a simple followup crossover: Since Za World is troubled by the three ghosts of the jyumans who Ginis killed to give their power to Za World, Yamoto decides to take Za World to a spiritualist for help. And, would you know they wind up at Takeru's shrine. Takeru talks to the ghosts of the jyumans and then gives Za World some words of encouragement. Za World feels better for half an episode then is back to being emo.

A cool crossover that wouldn't have cost Toei much at all.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”