KR Zi-O 15 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:49 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
39%
☆☆☆☆
50%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
11%

Total votes: 18
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Re: KR Zi-O 15 released

Post by resop2 »

I think that Geiz is undergoing an evolution in his thoughts, but I am not sure what the next step will be:

1) I must go to the past and kill the Demon King to stop the dystopian present from happening
2) Tsukuyomi says that Shogo doesn't seem to be the type of person who would become evil. Maybe if we stay close to him we can either prevent him from becoming evil, or if he does choose the dark side we can kill him then. Since Tsukuyomi is cute, I can live with that for now.
3) The Timejackers are trying to grow their own demon king which would create a dystopian 2068 that was just as bad. Maybe I should let Sougo live as long as he is fighting off the Another Riders.
4) Maybe the Timejackers are not so bad and I should join them? Oh, ick, they are.
5) This pink rouge says he is going to destroy the world before 2068, it might be a good idea to stop him as well.
6) Oh, screw it, even though I can't lay a finger on pink rouge, I should team with him to destroy Shogo's belt so Shogo can live but not become a demon king. That way I won't be able to stop the Timejacker's Another Riders but that will not matter since pink rouge will destroy the world anyway.

I am having a hard time figuring out who the demon king would be if it wasn't Sougo.

1) It has to be someone close to Shogo who knows about his recurring dream.
2) It cannot be someone from 2068 because why would they think of such a hair brained idea in the first place?
3) The only people close to Shogo are the 2068-ers and his uncle and his uncle would be REALLY old in 2068.

Maybe Geiz and Tsukuyomi could track down everyone that Shogo has told the dream to and use the Makai lighter to see if the have enough evil Inga to become the Demon King?
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

resop2 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:10 pmAn idea to make the show much much worse: Have Shogo's uncle fix a microwave so that it can send a text message back in time like in Steins;Gate. Then have the rest of the episodes all end in the earth being destroyed right after Shogo sending a message back to himself so that the rest of the series is the same day endlessly repeating.
Spoiler
But Okabe sending a message back to himself was what motivated his past self to not let Steins;Gate 0 happen. If Sougo followed that idea and sent one back then, why would the Earth be destroyed?
(It couldn't be Convergence because that was what would lead to the D-mail being sent back (as an effort to avoid Convergence))
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by resop2 »

Go-On Macaroni wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:00 pm
resop2 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:10 pmAn idea to make the show much much worse: Have Shogo's uncle fix a microwave so that it can send a text message back in time like in Steins;Gate. Then have the rest of the episodes all end in the earth being destroyed right after Shogo sending a message back to himself so that the rest of the series is the same day endlessly repeating.
Spoiler
But Okabe sending a message back to himself was what motivated his past self to not let Steins;Gate 0 happen. If Sougo followed that idea and sent one back then, why would the Earth be destroyed?
(It couldn't be Convergence because that was what would lead to the D-mail being sent back (as an effort to avoid Convergence))
It would be a bad idea because the would make Oha or Tsukuyomi do Mayuri Shiina's catch phrase "doo da doo!"

Earth would be destroyed because Shogo would try to change something that would prevent him from becoming the demon king, but as an unintended consequence the change causes the world to be destroyed.

(For some reason spoilers work for other people but not for me. I must not be elite.)
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

resop2 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:54 pm
Go-On Macaroni wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:00 pm
Spoiler
It would be a bad idea because the would make Oha or Tsukuyomi do Mayuri Shiina's catch phrase "doo da doo!"
If anyone's gonna "Tutturu!", it'll have to be Tsukuyomi. :lol:
resop2 wrote:Earth would be destroyed because Shogo would try to change something that would prevent him from becoming the demon king, but as an unintended consequence the change causes the world to be destroyed.
Then, he did it wrong? Because in Steins;Gate terms, that would be Time Convergence interfering which shouldn't happen if things went well.

(Major spoilers)
Spoiler
What gave Zero's Okabe the idea to "Deceive the world, deceive yourself!" was trying to kick off "Operation Arclight" and getting Mayuri and Suzuha to safely leave before the time machine got blown up; however, every attempt ended up in failure due to Convergence. He eventually won due to deleting Amadeus thus making Leskinen 5 seconds too late to alert the helicopter to blow up the machine when it should have. In a sense, he stopped the failure from happening but, deceived time itself into thinking it still did.

He then sends the D-mail text message back to himself after his past self failed to save Kurisu. 2011~episode 24 Okabe then succeeds due to knocking her out and laying his blood on the floor, then hightailing it out of there asap. So, 2011~episode 24 Okabe knows he saved her but to his Episode 1 self, she's dead.
That's why I was kinda confused for in order for Sougo to pull the same stunt, he would have to stop himself from becoming Oma Zi-O but still let it happen then alert his past self with a text so, Past!Sougo would take a different path and never let that happen. I can't see why Earth would keep getting destroyed.
resop2 wrote:(For some reason spoilers work for other people but not for me. I must not be elite.)
Seem to work for me? White text on a white background is just a garbage choice.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by resop2 »

Go-On Macaroni wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:13 pm That's why I was kinda confused for in order for Sougo to pull the same stunt, he would have to stop himself from becoming Oma Zi-O but still let it happen then alert his past self with a text so, Past!Sougo would take a different path and never let that happen. I can't see why Earth would keep getting destroyed.
Some examples:
(1) Shogo, not having any foreknowledge of what would happen that evening, figuring that this might be the last time he would be able to convince himself, sends a text to the previous day telling himself to smash the belt. (He doesn't smash it in the present either because he has the IQ of a carrot or because Woz casts a plot device spell that makes the belt unsmashable.) The Timejackers see this and create an Another Rider that goes berserk and because Sougo cannot hensin any more the Another Rider destroys the earth. Shogo sends a text message back to himself warning about this possibility.

(2) Shogo from the previous day beats up the Timejackers and makes sure they can't destroy things. Decade sees this and decides to play with Shogo by arranging for the world to be blown up the next day. Shogo sends a text message back to himself warning about this possibility.

(3) Shogo finds out that his Uncle is a member of a terrorist group that plans on blowing up the world. Etc Etc Etc.

(finish) Shogo resigns himself to the fact that he needs to be a demon king until all the plot lines are tied up. He ties up all the plot lines but gets progressively more corrupt. Then Tsukuyomi henshin's and runs a sword though Shogo's belt killing evil Shogo. Then Tsukasa brings back a good Shogo from another dimension and everyone lives happily ever after.

As I admitted at the beginning, this would make the show pretty stupid.
Go-On Macaroni wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:13 pm
resop2 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:54 pm
If anyone's gonna "Tutturu!", it'll have to be Tsukuyomi. :lol:
They've made Tsukuyomi do all sorts of other embarrassing things in the .5's so I wouldn't put it past them.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

I think I get you more now but, that still doesn't sound like the same thing as what Steins;Gate did. I'm gonna leave it here, though; continuing this wouldn't be fruitful.
LiLAsN
Gao

Post by LiLAsN »

You know what? With Decade being able to travel to different worlds, we can easily go to one where only Tokiwa Sougo doesn't exist. And again, use Decade's power to also be able to travel through different times and see if the future in that alternate world is for better or worst.

Once we ascertain if it is for the better or worst, for example, if there were no Demon King, there would have been no need for people who want revenge including the Time Jackers. And therefore, the Time Jackers of the future would have no need to go to the past to get "Another Riders".

Then we can let Geiz finish Sougo off. The End. That is why stories with time travel or alternate world travelling can be complicated to get a fixed story on as there will always be solutions to every problem including this "Demon King" problem.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Is it too early to call that Geiz is Oma Zi-O? It's a self-perpetuating paradox; Geiz (as Oma Zi-O) lets his young version survive in 2068 in order to go back in time to 2018 and ultimately become the demon king.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

What a twist!
Evangeline
Adventure
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Drive
Dreamy: Shijima Go
Favorite Actor?: Rika Adachi
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Figure Collection
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Evangeline »

from this point, this is the dumbest KR series i ever watch, even Ghost has better storyline than this sh*t
Toei keep ruinning KR armor like what they did to gaim, drive, w, and many other rider
its like milking an old cow to keep make money from this, jeezus christ
dropped

edit : the way sougo denying his future, its like denying who you are like a lost teen or more like anime-plot, smh
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:32 amWhat a twist!
Not really. But having the guy who's trying to stop the demon king become the demon king instead is very much something Toei would do, in my experience.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

ViRGE wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:51 am
takenoko wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:32 amWhat a twist!
Not really. But having the guy who's trying to stop the demon king become the demon king instead is very much something Toei would do, in my experience.
It wouldn't be a bad story beat, but I think I'd be pretty disappointed if it turns out Oma Zi-O isn't actually Sougo after all this time. What I would be more okay with, is if the characters ends up changing the timeline and thus making somebody else become Oma Zi-O instead, like what the Timejackers want.

As cool as I think the ultimate evil being the main character's future self is, I have a strong feeling it won't last the entire series run and several twists and turns are going to pop up down the road to change that.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Is this the first time Decade has used the Decade card to turn back from a rider form?

Pretty good episode. The actual plot is interesting when not bogged down with the legacy rider shit.
Dante ShadowRoadz
7X

Post by Dante ShadowRoadz »

Its definitely better than it has been, though not as much as the last couple episodes for how they built up Decade. Though I dunno why going back to Decade's base form would somehow give him any advantage against Zi-O using Decade Sparkling Armor, that just seems kinda dumb. And I know Build used the Drillsword when in Hagane no Moonsault, but it just seemed like a weird choice for Decade to use if all he was gonna do was keep pressing sword attacks. Tsukasa has always been more tactically minded using the different Rider forms, generally more so than the Riders themselves in some cases, like back how he pushed the advantage against Kid Wataru by using Kuuga's weapon materialization to steal and override the Doga Hammer. Plus at the start of the fight, looking at Decade versus Zi-O, Zi-O really does look like a cheap dumb-down of Decade with a few elements of Den-O's base form thrown in.

Also there's no stakes to Sougo realizing he really is an evil overlord, his character as it stands is blander than white bread so him turning evil is actually an improvement cause it means character development happens for him at all.
ryujin
Gabu
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Zero
Dreamy: Matsuyama Mary
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: PS4
Quote: R/B is just ORB without the O and Tiga is just Taiga without the A ... tabun :P
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by ryujin »

Finally, a good episode, the series should have kicked off with the dream sequence, like how the "Heroes" series used to start, the whole time Sougo was spouting this "i wanna be a king" BS made him an idiot in my eyes, atleast now i know why he's been doing that, this made him look less dumb as a hero.

Still wondering why Tsukasa among the featured Legend Riders so far isn't affected and is still himself, is this because the Timejackers never bothered creating Another Decade?, or Tsukasa being from an Alternate Reality and not belonging to a certain timeline makes him immune to it?

So is it safe to assume Decade has all the cards up to Build now?, i wish this series would show all of them, imo, the Decade driver sound and vocal effects are so much better than the singing Jikuu Driver, wish the next series would stop using singing belts and accessories and go back to simple yet cool vocal/sound effects like Kabuto or Faiz, the Jikuu driver as of late sounds so cringy to me, specially the Search Hawk :P

Kamen Rider Tsukuyomi?, i read somewhere that the hacked belt toys actually have Tsukuyomi in it, i wonder if this is real or just a special toy feature.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”