KR Zi-O 15 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:49 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
39%
☆☆☆☆
50%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
11%

Total votes: 18
godstriker8
Infinity

Re: KR Zi-O 15 released

Post by godstriker8 »

Dante ShadowRoadz wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:20 pm Its definitely better than it has been, though not as much as the last couple episodes for how they built up Decade. Though I dunno why going back to Decade's base form would somehow give him any advantage against Zi-O using Decade Sparkling Armor, that just seems kinda dumb. And I know Build used the Drillsword when in Hagane no Moonsault, but it just seemed like a weird choice for Decade to use if all he was gonna do was keep pressing sword attacks. Tsukasa has always been more tactically minded using the different Rider forms, generally more so than the Riders themselves in some cases, like back how he pushed the advantage against Kid Wataru by using Kuuga's weapon materialization to steal and override the Doga Hammer. Plus at the start of the fight, looking at Decade versus Zi-O, Zi-O really does look like a cheap dumb-down of Decade with a few elements of Den-O's base form thrown in.

Also there's no stakes to Sougo realizing he really is an evil overlord, his character as it stands is blander than white bread so him turning evil is actually an improvement cause it means character development happens for him at all.
My favourite tactical use of Rider powers that Decade used, was when he used Kuuga's Pegasus form to hit a Clocked Up Rider. So smart to use Pegasus's 100% accuracy against a light speed rider.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I thought of a way for Tsukuyomi to become a Kamen Rider: She is the only one who can use rider watches from female riders. As far as I know, there have been two female Kamen Riders: Natsumikan (Decade movie) and Kamen Rider Femme from the Ryuki movie. If I remember correctly, they were both swordswomen. Maybe Tsukuyomi can be Kamen Rider Apocalypse (Utena reference)?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

That'd be kind of cool if they did do that.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

resop2 wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:15 pm I thought of a way for Tsukuyomi to become a Kamen Rider: She is the only one who can use rider watches from female riders. As far as I know, there have been two female Kamen Riders: Natsumikan (Decade movie) and Kamen Rider Femme from the Ryuki movie. If I remember correctly, they were both swordswomen. Maybe Tsukuyomi can be Kamen Rider Apocalypse (Utena reference)?
Also Kamen Rider Nadeshiko, Kamen Rider Mage, Kamen Rider Poppy, Kamen Rider Malika and Ride Player Nico. But a Rider that only uses the powers of girls would be a hard sell.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
ryujin
Gabu
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Zero
Dreamy: Matsuyama Mary
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: PS4
Quote: R/B is just ORB without the O and Tiga is just Taiga without the A ... tabun :P
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by ryujin »

Does Japan's definition of "Final" different from the rest of the world?, like how the previous movie "Heisei Generations Final" is supposed to be the last, this is also the problem with the Decade watch's "Final Form Time" ability, Zi-O doesn't turn into the final forms but instead the power up forms, shouldn't the watch say "Power Up/Powered Form Time" instead of "Final", doesn't make sense, is "Final" just a cool word for the Japanese to throw around like how "Final Fantasy" is now in it's 15th main game lol!
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

IIRC Heisei Generations Final was actually supposed to be the last taisen movie but they decided nah we like money
LiLAsN
Gao

Post by LiLAsN »

Anyway, there was a previous thread whereby someone thought Zi-O's music was more Arabic while I already stated that it is more Indian influenced. And true enough, it is more Indian influenced as stated in the official write up.

"そして、もうひとつが、ジオウのプロデューサーです。その人は、インド映画が大好きなのですが、中でも、特にお気に入りの作品があり、それがジオウの音楽にも多大な影響を及ぼしたといって過言ではありません。その作品の吹替版で、なんと、小山さんは、主人公の声を担当されているのです。"

Google Translate: And the other one is the producer of Zio. That person loves Indian movies, but among them it is not an exaggeration to say that there are particularly favorite works, which have had a great influence on the music of Zio.

The write up can be found on kamen-rider-official. com where they have a short synopsis of each episode.
LiLAsN
Gao

Post by LiLAsN »

Lunagel wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:01 am IIRC Heisei Generations Final was actually supposed to be the last taisen movie but they decided nah we like money
Shouldn't you know by now how Kamen Rider's movie pattern goes? First movie of each series ends the previous series's story along with getting the current Kamen Rider involved. Once in a while, could include other riders aka Heisei Generations Final.

Middle part of the series, there will be a movie specifically for the series or they can do a crossover with their sentai counterpart along with other riders being in it.

Then, there may be a third movie after the final episode like Ex-Aid's True Ending or the upcoming NEW WORLD: Kamen Rider Cross-Z.

But the first 2 is definitely a fixed pattern.

Thus Heisei Generations FOREVER will be a crossover between Build and Zi-O but will definitely bring a close to Build's story alongside being a series with a lot of previous riders on board being an added bonus.

I mean, if you are not happy to see some of the old cast reprising their role after years of not seeing them, its perfectly fine too. Just don't watch it. But I miss seeing the old characters like Den-O which was one of my favourite Kamen Rider series. And the others too. So I have nothing but excitement and look forward to watching it. :D
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2017/12/shi ... sen-films/

That "final" sure only lasted 6 months
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I'm sorry for not being good at paying attention, but has Woz appeared in any of the previous time segments? If he has, then where is his Time Mazine? Does his Time Mazine collapse to become his book? Also, I have been toying with the idea that Woz is the 2018-er who goes on to become the Demon King, and that he gets his super power (telekinesis) from the book which also guides his every step. And, even if he was in the earlier segments, that just could have been a younger version of him, guided by the book he got at the beginning of the era. Since Woz has heard Shogo talk about the dream that would explain why the demon king 2068 knows about it.

Either that or 2068 Demon King is Barista Snake because a villain that ridiculously over-powered can't be killed in one season alone.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

resop2 wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:22 am I'm sorry for not being good at paying attention, but has Woz appeared in any of the previous time segments? If he has, then where is his Time Mazine?
He clearly time travels constantly. They even make a point of noting Sougo's surprise to see him.

The fact that he's always there to rejoice in Zi-O's new form is proof of that.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Lunagel wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:01 am IIRC Heisei Generations Final was actually supposed to be the last taisen movie but they decided nah we like money
I was under the impression it was because they knew the Emperor would be abdicating, but they didn't know when, so they guessed. They guessed wrong, so they were left with the situation of it taking 3 attempts to get an actual Heisei finale movie at the right time.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

HowlingSnail wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:16 pm
I was under the impression it was because they knew the Emperor would be abdicating, but they didn't know when, so they guessed. They guessed wrong, so they were left with the situation of it taking 3 attempts to get an actual Heisei finale movie at the right time.
Partially that, partially this http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2017/12/shi ... sen-films/
Xivitai
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

Post by Xivitai »

Catastrophe wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:14 pm Is this the first time Decade has used the Decade card to turn back from a rider form?
Yes it is. He never needed this card to turn back into Decade, like EVER before this episode. And I don't recommend watching episode 16 if you're a Decade fan.
PDA
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by PDA »

takenoko wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:18 am
resop2 wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:22 am I'm sorry for not being good at paying attention, but has Woz appeared in any of the previous time segments? If he has, then where is his Time Mazine?
He clearly time travels constantly. They even make a point of noting Sougo's surprise to see him.

The fact that he's always there to rejoice in Zi-O's new form is proof of that.
In the future, stalkers can time travel aparently...

Woz is one of best characters in this series lol

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”