KR Zi-O 17 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:19 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
44%
☆☆☆☆
28%
☆☆☆
28%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 18
PDA
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: KR Zi-O 17 released

Post by PDA »

WannaFantaMan wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:37 pm I like the design for the Rider suits went from an analog clock, to a digital one and now we get digital analog! Can't wait to see what freaky deaky shit happens next xD
maybe the theme be "smart watch", so we have so far: analog, digital and "smartwatch".

one hourglass themed rider can be fun lol
YuushaEX
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Shinobi
Favorite Actor?: guy who plays dan kuroto
Favorite Band: The Primals
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Final Fantasy
Quote: See you next game
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by YuushaEX »

I really like the standby jingle for WOZ i think i found my new ringtone :) so now we're revealing future kamen riders? i guess toei have plans for 3 years ahead then although i doubt that'd what the 2022 rider will be :) so then does toei mean projection? and that's what the company who make KR and SS means in english? kinda wish they didn't call KR WOZ that though was hoping it might be called something better like NEO or NEON maybe? still like the concept of WOZ.
Transform your life into the best it can be!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Wozs suit gives me Necrom vibes. I'm digging the actual plot this episode.

Was kind of hoping that the future rider would be a thing rather than a dream.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

Catastrophe wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:52 pm Was kind of hoping that the future rider would be a thing rather than a dream.
It was clearly not just a dream though? Shinobi definitely existed, but in a different timeline.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

I wish Kamen Rider Shinobi were a reality and the next Kamen Rider series. The design was so cool and the elemental powers too.

The guy that played the rider was also a cool character. This needs to be a reality and please don't make me wait until 2022.

Ok at least release a SH figuarts and I will be happy. This is probably my favorite rider design since Kamen Rider Knight.
Final Vent!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The trick to getting a good Shinobi Rider is get a guy that played a Shinobi Sentai.
darkmage02
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
Dreamy: Miu from Fourze
Favorite Band: The GazettE
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: DIGIMON!
Quote: I devour your dreams as I watch you despair.

Post by darkmage02 »

I am intrigued by the prospect of future Riders, alternate Woz and the shenanigans, but it just feels less exciting compared to the past few episodes. I guess this arc is where Decade sorta sits out, but his absence has seriously affected the quality of the episode, at least for me. The whole Geiz Revive thing might have been more appealing if Geiz as a character is more interesting.
Complete. Start Up. 3. 2. 1. Time Out. Reformation.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

So, why is it that KR Woz gets a better intro fight than Zi-O's Decade form? This is the one-sided, high production values beat down fight I've been waiting for since Zi-O got his first upgrade. I'm glad someone finally got to kick some ass, but I do wish it were the main character.

So a Rider that fights with the power of future Riders, eh? The concept is inherently a bit weird since of course these Riders won't actually be future series. But I like the symmetry of it compared to where Zi-O and Gaiz draw their powers from. And I find it extremely amusing that his motif is a smartwatch, the natural evolution of a segment display digital watch.

KR Woz also has a surprisingly nice henshin sequence, especially compared to how bland Zi-O/Geiz is. Now it goes on for too long, so they're going to have to tighten that up, but at least it shows some more imagination than a bad green-screened world spinning effect.

I'm not sure I dig Another Woz himself though. Granted it's only been one episode, but he comes off as so sure of himself and his mission that he plays very flat. OG Woz is kind of a one note character as well, but it's like they took OG Woz and removed all of the excitement.

Also, please may this not be a repeat of Build and involve the hero getting his ass kicked left and right for the next 10 episodes...
takenoko wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:19 pm Almost wish we had more of Kamen Rider Shinobi, since he looked pretty cool. It'd make sense if Shinobi were a joke Rider, since I think they've wanted to do a ninja-themed Rider for a while.
Well Toei did make a complete suit here. We've yet to see them recycle suits in this series, but it's going to be coming. Toei is not one to briefly use a whole suit for an episode or two and then never again. So I'd certainly expect more Shinobi.
Random note - Tsukuyomi's winter outfit is quite nice.
Interestingly, it's a different outfit still than the one I noticed a couple of weeks back. I'm not sure if they're giving her a wardrobe variety (for as much variety as you can have in white, anyhow), or if they felt the need to add even more layers (homegirl still looked cold in the last outfit).
BreadToku wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:54 am I'm calling it right now, but I speculate that sometime very late into the show's run, this new Woz will die and the Woz we've known will take over as a Kamen Rider. That just seems like the kind of development that would happen, wouldn't it?
Your call has been logged. And I expect you'll probably end up right.
Dante ShadowRoadz wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:31 am and somehow they managed to take Necrom's neon lime green and make it even more eye gouging.
Right? Necrom's suit wasn't terrible, but this design doesn't do anything to improve upon the previous abuse of lime green. Toei could have done better here.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

For the record, let me say I regret the monkey paw's wish for more Shinobi, seeing as how he's coming back in Toei Fan Club format in March/April.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:35 pm For the record, let me say I regret the monkey paw's wish for more Shinobi, seeing as how he's coming back in Toei Fan Club format in March/April.
Too late. You've already been granted your wish. It even comes with sprinkles! :P

Now, what's this about TFC Shinobi? And why would it make you regret your wish so quickly?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

TTFC they of the KR Brave special and the Hero Mama special and those .5 episodes

Not a great track record thus far
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Rejoice for I'm compiling a list of them for the wiki!

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Category:T ... u_Fan_Club

They also did the Another PatRan Nigou which was fine.
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

resop2 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:58 am I wonder if they are going to do a series of future riders based on Super Sentai? They won't be able to do Kamen Rider Lupin because they already have D-End and Kamen Rider Accel is also to similar to the Pat rangers, but you could do Kamen Rider Pirate, Kamen Rider Samurai, and Kamen Rider Dinosaur.
Isn't there an actual Kamen Rider Lupin? What was the guy from the Drive winter movie called?
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
darkmage02
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
Dreamy: Miu from Fourze
Favorite Band: The GazettE
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: DIGIMON!
Quote: I devour your dreams as I watch you despair.

Post by darkmage02 »

msf232 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:09 pm Isn't there an actual Kamen Rider Lupin? What was the guy from the Drive winter movie called?
You're right, he is Kamen Rider Lupin
Complete. Start Up. 3. 2. 1. Time Out. Reformation.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”