KR Zi-O 17 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:19 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
44%
☆☆☆☆
28%
☆☆☆
28%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 18
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zi-O 17 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's Zi-O rating: 3.88 / 5 (17 votes)

Alt Title: Woz iz going on?

Sorta enjoyable. Not sure how much of this is going to contribute to the main storyline, or if it's just a goofy side arc for the New Year's.

Almost wish we had more of Kamen Rider Shinobi, since he looked pretty cool. It'd make sense if Shinobi were a joke Rider, since I think they've wanted to do a ninja-themed Rider for a while.

Another Woz is fine. It's interesting to see him side with Geiz... buttt.... Geiz doesn't do anything in this episode and his presence has been kind of fading lately? Geiz just worked together with Zi-O in the last episode, but now they're enemies again? Like okay?

Kind of disappointing considering the story and energy was much better in the previous episode before the break. Feels like a lot of setup.

Random note - Tsukuyomi's winter outfit is quite nice.

TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Zi-O 17 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

The timeline has been compromised, bringing forth the third rider of this show, an extra Rider that was not supposed to exist and a new future where Geiz righteously defeats the Demon King. Where are the Timerangers?!

Oh wonderful. To show the fearsome capabilities of the 3rd Rider, he’s a Reality Warper. Boring gamebreaker. The Beyondriver's eh. And his civilian shades is purchasable on Amazon.

Seems Shinobi’s transformation has references from the Ninja-themed Super Sentai series, from Kakuranger (Ninjablack’s God Gammer/Frog, summoning a mecha from a scroll), Hurricaneger (mecha internals) and Ninninger (spinning a shuriken-themed transformation trinket). Apt that Hideya Tawada (Kinji/Starninger) is playing this guy and the MOTW.

Hope the main Riders can screw destiny.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Any chance of some seeds on the HD version? Been out for 50 minutes and it's currently on 0 with 0 completed downloads.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
XerBlade
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Faiz
Dreamy: Tatsulot
Favorite Actor?: Ishida Akira
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Kamen Rider Meteorologist! I will decide your forecast!
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by XerBlade »

Yeah, HD version torrent still not working. I'm not sure if it's just a seeder issue per se, because it's doing weird things in the client in general. The torrent might be corrupted.
Watching
Kamen Rider: Saber

Complete
Kamen Rider: All Black and later
Sentai: Shinkenger,Gokaiger,Magic Kaito VS Detective Conan
Garo: All
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Seeder forgot to check before heading out, please wait about 2 hours
Cross
Go Go!

Post by Cross »

takenoko wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:19 pm Almost wish we had more of Kamen Rider Shinobi, since he looked pretty cool. It'd make sense if Shinobi were a joke Rider, since I think they've wanted to do a ninja-themed Rider for a while.

Random note - Tsukuyomi's winter outfit is quite nice.
=snip=

tsukuyomi outfit reminds me of kids wearing pajama with a towel as cape lol
Last edited by Lunagel on Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: future episode spoilers
Eric
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Ex-Aid
Dreamy: Poppy Pipopapo
Favorite Actor?: Iijima Hiroki
Favorite Band: something else
My boom: music, cheese stuff
Quote: "Hello there." -Obi-Wan Kenobi

Post by Eric »

tbh this episode is kinda cool I guess, also I captured this moment and I laughed at this scene

edit: I made it as my pfp but no offense btw
Discord: Eric the Gaming Guy#2407 | Deviantart | Tumblr

Watching: Zi-O, Saikyou Battle (Miniseries), Tokusatsu GAGAGA (Jdorama)
Completed: Gaim, ToQ, Ghost, Zyuoh, Ex-Aid, Kyuu, Build, Lupin VS Pat
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

You know, given Woz is supposedly allied with Geiz, I wish his visor was in hiragana, not katakana.

I'm hoping the updated narration at the start is a sign we're moving past half-arsed tribute episodes, and moving into proper plot territory, because this show's definitely better at the latter.
Seen:
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
jamebarktoku
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ex-Aid

Post by jamebarktoku »

Kinda meh episode, tbh. I love the meta-ness of Kinji becoming a Rider. Well done for using the Ninninger henshin font for Shinobi's jingle, by the way. Woz as a Rider is pretty cool, having the single most broken ability a Rider could have. Maybe it would've been better if the Woz from Oma Zi-O 2068 became a Rider, but a different version of Woz is fine. Kinda wish they didn't introduce Woz as a Rider until the next episode so the mystery around Another Woz could have more time to build.

The BeyonDriver looks cool, as does the Jikan Despear and the Woz base suit. Love the transformation effects for Woz (he even keeps the hat on while transforming).
Dante ShadowRoadz
7X

Post by Dante ShadowRoadz »

Well I liked it, but its a mixed bag again :/

Sougo seems to be growing half an inch more of a personality (or at least his acting is getting better) and Another Woz is even hammier than Woz which I wasn't sure was even possible. I'm also guessing this is where Decade vanishes entirely for an arc or two, which sucks. The Rider Woz suit isn't all that different from Zi-O or Geiz at base, but somehow it just looks way too busy for me, and somehow they managed to take Necrom's neon lime green and make it even more eye gouging. Also we are now into full on Sailor Moon/Voltron transformation sequence territory, like seriously, you could run up and stab the guy with how long it takes for him to transform.

Overall though I do like the idea of agents of conflicting future timelines duking it out in the past for dominance.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

There's a lot to take in all at once and it won me over with all it's flash and excitement. Time will tell how much I like this arc as it goes along, but I'm totally on board right now. We're technically still doing what we have been doing from the start: Fighting Another Riders in one episode and then getting their matching Rider Form in the next episode. But all this intrigue about the different futures and the inclusion of a new rider is just enough to make it feel fresh to me.

Speaking of, Alternate Woz, or White Woz, made quite the debut. Just like with Grease, I'm sure it won't be that long before his apparent overpowered-ness goes away but wow does he feel overpowered with the ability to write the future. Of course he claims it's not quite controlling the future which gives an excuse for that ability to be exactly as useful as it needs to be at any given time.

I dig all the music effects from the BeyondDriver but Kamen Rider Woz himself is going to have to grow on me overtime as a design. It's got so much of that green and not nearly enough of blue to keep it from looking over-saturated.

Anyhow, Geiz now has a hype-man of his own. I look forward to when he gets some new form down the line and our new Woz will give a grand speech to go along with it.

I'm calling it right now, but I speculate that sometime very late into the show's run, this new Woz will die and the Woz we've known will take over as a Kamen Rider. That just seems like the kind of development that would happen, wouldn't it?
Last edited by BreadToku on Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Since Woz is the most over regular character on the show it makes perfect sense for him to do double duty. I wonder if Decade (after the stage play) will come back and take Geiz and Woz Classic to the Kamen Rider Woz version of the future and they find out that the alternate future is worse than the Zi-O version?

I wonder if they are going to do a series of future riders based on Super Sentai? They won't be able to do Kamen Rider Lupin because they already have D-End and Kamen Rider Accel is also to similar to the Pat rangers, but you could do Kamen Rider Pirate, Kamen Rider Samurai, and Kamen Rider Dinosaur.

I wonder if they will have yet another timeline where Kamen Rider Oha appears from, claiming that she is a supporter of the person who defeated Zi-O, Tsukuyomi, and then decade shows them that this future stinks worse the the Zi-O timeline as well.

I also wonder if this is the first step of a Heure baby face turn? If Swartz and Kamen Rider Woz are in cahoots then Heure could start feeling really used.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

BreadToku wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:54 am Anyhow, Geiz now has a hype-man of his own. I look forward to when he gets some new form down the line and our new Woz will give a grand speech to go along with it.
Let's hope Geiz grows as a character to match it, otherwise this won't be a very interesting conflict, considering he just decided to side with Sougo in the last episode.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:25 am
BreadToku wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:54 am Anyhow, Geiz now has a hype-man of his own. I look forward to when he gets some new form down the line and our new Woz will give a grand speech to go along with it.
Let's hope Geiz grows as a character to match it, otherwise this won't be a very interesting conflict, considering he just decided to side with Sougo in the last episode.
I'm guessing this "Oma Day" thing will be fairly soon, probably related to
Spoiler
Zi-O II in February and Geiz Revive in March.
Seen:
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

I like the design for the Rider suits went from an analog clock, to a digital one and now we get digital analog! Can't wait to see what freaky deaky shit happens next xD

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”