KR Zi-O 22 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:18 am

☆☆☆☆☆
40%
☆☆☆☆
53%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
7%

Total votes: 15
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Re: KR Zi-O 22 released

Post by resop2 »

Lunagel wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:18 pm I hope not, they'd get sued for stealing the plot of Groundhog Day
Not quite the same thing since in Groundhog day the lead character had to go through a "hero's journey" to stop time from repeating, and here Sougo would actively turn back time himself. It would be closer to Steins;Gate but not the same thing (unless Tsukuyomi starts saying "tutturu").
Xivitai
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

Post by Xivitai »

End of episode smells like self-fullfilling prophecy to me. Geiz and Tsukuyomi could be the ones who push Sougo to becoming Oma Zi-O.
Eric
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Ex-Aid
Dreamy: Poppy Pipopapo
Favorite Actor?: Iijima Hiroki
Favorite Band: something else
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: music, cheese stuff
Quote: "Hello there." -Obi-Wan Kenobi

Post by Eric »

takenoko wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:18 amOh, so this is a power-up arc. I mean, I think the introduction is pretty cool, and I won't lie, I dig evil Sougo.
takenoko wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:18 amEdit: Oh yeah, I wish the naming department wasn't so bad with this series. Zi-O II?
Okay to be fair, Mirror Sougo was pretty terrifying to my perspective. I love the reunion of Shinji and Editor-in-chief at the end. Pure coincidence that 2 episodes (this Zi-O episode and LuPat finale) that has debut of power up forms have clairvoyance ability. I really like Zi-O II's ability than Build's RabbitTank Hazard Form has.

Also the best dialogue part that I loved:
Light and Dark, the Past and the Future. Only the true king can rule both worlds.
Spoiler
Next week, Irie's last hurrah at toku after going Zamigo Derma as Makina Rent.

To be fair the name Makina similar to the Filipino word "makina"?
Discord: Eric the Gaming Guy#2407 | Deviantart | Tumblr

Watching: Zi-O, Saikyou Battle (Miniseries), Tokusatsu GAGAGA (Jdorama)
Completed: Gaim, ToQ, Ghost, Zyuoh, Ex-Aid, Kyuu, Build, Lupin VS Pat
snowking666
Gao
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Geat
Dreamy: Izu
Favorite Actor?: Sato Takeru
Favorite Band: official 髭男dism
Quote: "If you have the motivation, I don't think anything in this world is imposibble. First, you have to start moving. If you move, something will start."
Type: INFP Healer

Post by snowking666 »

takenoko wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:22 am I mean, it's a made up name from the future. I figured it was just the English word for Rent, lol.

> Geiz says "This Time"

He's just referring to the result of his actions in this episode, in most likelihood.
It feel's weird for me though. It's like saying Kiryu Sento(Build) Kiryu Sent. I know Sento derived from kanji while Rento came from Katakana. Just saying.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

So the basis for this latest arc is a bit goofy. The entire plot point underpinning all of this is that the Ryuki watch isn't attainable. But we've already seen it, both in-show (Oma Zi-O has it) as well as in the show bumpers. So both in and out of universe it's hard to buy. Sougo will get the Ryuki watch at some point.

Past that, the idea that Sougo is accepting both the good and evil of his path is an interesting one. But I also feel like it may be a bit too close to retreading the arc where he destroyed his belt.

(Also, if Woz had this watch the whole time, why didn't he give it to Sougo long ago?)

Speaking of Woz, I have to admit I've missed his spiel. It's over the top and hammy, but it just feels right. And it's nice to see the world's #1 Oma Zi-O groupie being happy for the first time in a while.

And Zi-O II, yay! Now Sougo can stop getting his ass kicked by the MOTW and Another Woz.:D
takenoko wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:18 am and I won't lie, I dig evil Sougo.
Evil Sougo is better than regular Sougo, hands down. Regular Sougo is so pure that he often ends up flat, which does a bit of a disservice to the actor. It's good that they're giving him some material that lets him show off his range, even if it's with a one-off clone character.
But I feel like it's a bit at the expense of the Ryuki stuff. My big thing is that Shinji doesn't act like Shinji. Also, I hate his big coat. But the moment where he and Editor-in-chief reunite is very sweet.
I can certainly appreciate that sentiment. On the flip side however, this episode wasn't overwhelmed with its cameo. If this was the first quarter of the show, Sougo would have been sidelined for ultimately unimportant nostalgia. So I feel like the show is getting better at handling these, even if it means the cameo riders are getting less focus.
Also, no clever tricks to undo Ryuga's mirror attack. Just overpower it.
Agreed. I'm rather ambivalent on that whole fight. For the debut of a new form, it wasn't all that flashy? Take out the extra CGI and you have a pretty standard fight. It wasn't really done in a clever fashion or a cool fashion.
Also, what the hell happened to her Faiz phone?
That's actually a really good question. When's the last time we saw Tsukuyomi use it? Almost 10 episodes ago?
Edit: Oh yeah, I wish the naming department wasn't so bad with this series. Zi-O II?
It'll grant it this much: it's very on the nose. Going by names alone, you won't confuse it with one of his Armor Time forms.
resop2 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:58 pm I wonder if Oma day will be around episode 26
If anything, I'm thinking they're going to stretch it out to episode 33. Assuming no interruptions, that's the episode that airs on April 28th, the last Sunday in the Heisei era. After all, as the opening narration says, Oma Day marks "the end of the [Heisei] Kamen rider era."
Kuchiri wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:57 pmI love the design of Zi-O II... that is all.
Agreed! Base Zi-O was kind of awkward. But Zi-O II looks great, even if it is a bit Den-O-ish.
Cross
Go Go!

Post by Cross »

Zi-O II because it rhymes with Geiz and Woz i think haha
Kamen Rider Blade
Go Go!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Blade »

How much for the entire CSM Blade Set?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

ViRGE wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:25 pm So the basis for this latest arc is a bit goofy. The entire plot point underpinning all of this is that the Ryuki watch isn't attainable. But we've already seen it, both in-show (Oma Zi-O has it) as well as in the show bumpers. So both in and out of universe it's hard to buy. Sougo will get the Ryuki watch at some point.

They're fighting Another Ryuga, not Ryuki, so it would be a Ryuga watch that they can't obtain for various, admittedly rather roundabout reasons.

Yeah it could be argued they're the same being in a sense, but the show does go out of it's way to make a distinction, so that's actually one of the few things that (almost) is consistent with the established rules.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

BreadToku wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:03 am
ViRGE wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:25 pm So the basis for this latest arc is a bit goofy. The entire plot point underpinning all of this is that the Ryuki watch isn't attainable. But we've already seen it, both in-show (Oma Zi-O has it) as well as in the show bumpers. So both in and out of universe it's hard to buy. Sougo will get the Ryuki watch at some point.

They're fighting Another Ryuga, not Ryuki, so it would be a Ryuga watch that they can't obtain for various, admittedly rather roundabout reasons.
Ahh, right you are. Having never watched Ryuki, that distinction was lost on me. Thanks!
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

takenoko wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:18 amBut I feel like it's a bit at the expense of the Ryuki stuff. My big thing is that Shinji doesn't act like Shinji. Also, I hate his big coat. But the moment where he and Editor-in-chief reunite is very sweet.
I would prefer that coat over his ugly puffy blue coat he had in original TV series.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Well the coat he has now makes him look like an old man.
PDA
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by PDA »

questions:

mirror /evil shinji become another ryuga, why shinji lose ryuki´s memory?

no more ryuki watch then?

so...screw that "just the same rider power can beat the another riders" lets just punch him almost to death with overpower form

zio II looks cool except watch pointers and tracks but so far is one of most cool and clean forms in the show.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

I really like the ZI-O II form it looks really nice. I wouldn't really mind if they used Oma Zi-O as his final form at this rate. I mean it wouldn't be creative, but if Sougo is going to become the demon king, they might as well just use the suit.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Was the place where the final fight was this episode the same place Knight and Scissors fight? It's hard to tell because the camera work has improved so much since then but I feel like it could be.

Zi-O has a lot of swords now. Could spice it up with another weapon at least.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”