KR Zi-O 22 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:18 am

☆☆☆☆☆
40%
☆☆☆☆
53%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
7%

Total votes: 15
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: KR Zi-O 22 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

PDA wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:56 am questions:

mirror /evil shinji become another ryuga, why shinji lose ryuki´s memory?

no more ryuki watch then?
It has to do with how the Ryuki TV series ended which was briefly mentioned in the previous episode. As for the watch, it might be possible to still get it.
skyescraper
I am not a number. I am an individual!
I am not a number. I am an individual!
Quote: Brave da ze!

Post by skyescraper »

Zi-O II looks nice, but since this form can just defeat the Another Riders without their corresponding watches, I wonder what excuse they'll give for him to transform into the early Heisei Rider Armors after this.

Also, I just realised that Zi-O II's swords correspond to the minute and hour hands of a clock. If so, I can't wait to see Oma Zi-O brandishing the second, minute and hour hand swords a la Roronoa Zoro from One Piece.
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

This episode as a whole wasn't too bad. Mirror Sougo was pretty epic though I wish they focused on him a little more. There was a lot of potential there. Shinji has grown a lot from the Ryuki days though I wonder....IS he Ryuki? Does he remember what happened in Ryuki? He didn't seem to phased when Sougo called him Kamen Rider Ryuki

Zi-O 2......I love everything about it save for two things. 1) The name. My god the name. They REALLY could have worked a little harder with the name as Zi-O 2 is generic as hell. 2)Time Manipulation is BROKEN AS HELL. We start to see why Oma Zi-o is so powerful but....where do we go from here? Sougo can change time at will. Any result he deems undesireable he can just rewind time and do it over. They need to limit him in some way otherwise no one else would pose a challenge.

As for Zio as a whole....I don't dislike the series and elements are starting to grow on me. I'm in the same boat as I was with Decade. The premise was awesome. Some elements were epic. The characters were good but the actual execution was flawed. I am super invested in Oma Zi-O and how we get there, (I have a theory about him, but alas It will have to wait until next episode) along with White Woz and what his true motives are. Also Decade remains a wild card of sorts....at least I hope so.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

Oh boy! what a great episode it was good to see Shinji back even when he did almost nothing. Ryuki will always be my favorite. The actor looks great and aged very well.

No doubts this was the best part of the episode! Sougo really enjoys those introductions! xD we got the IWAE! back! I missed it so much! XD

Oh man! Oh man! We got a teaser from the next kamen rider and the final kamen rider that Geiz needs in order to face Sougo at the Oma Day!

I'm not going to spoil the next episode but I will just going to say that I'm glad that "he" is on this show... he did a great job on another show recently.
Final Vent!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Something I was thinking about. Does/Has the mirror world always existed in Zi-Os world or in the series thus far? Why was it only relevant for this arc other than it being a Ryuki arc?

I preferred Mirror World court system from Decade personally, mostly out of its absurdity.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Catastrophe wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:12 pm Something I was thinking about. Does/Has the mirror world always existed in Zi-Os world or in the series thus far? Why was it only relevant for this arc other than it being a Ryuki arc?
Eh? Why would mirror world exist before this point?

I wouldn't mind having a hype man introduce me.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Actually, I believed they said it was opened by Heure during the previous episode when he gave the Ryuuga Watch. I don't know if it will stay or if it was just opened while Ryuuga was active.
Dante ShadowRoadz
7X

Post by Dante ShadowRoadz »

Holy Giant Anime Sword, Batman!

I don't hate the suit, it definitely has more presence compared to his base form though the dual "Tracks" on his chest are way too overstated, could do with some more discrete details instead to balance it out. And nothing says Japan like a super weapon with the main characters face attached to it, yeesh. I do like that it combines with his base sword to make a huge f@%k everything blade a la Gaim's DJ Sword, but it kinda makes the whole clever bit they did with the Hei Saber from the Decade Watch feel utterly superfluous. And I agree with the mixed sentiment of him being able to power through the whole "time causality" thing with the Another Riders and being able to just destroy the Timejacker Watches outright without needing the matching Watch to do it.

And it says something about your protag when an evil mirror world version of him has more personality and interest worthy attention.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

I think it was intentional... but they just debut Zi-O II on episode 22. :o