KR Zi-O 23 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:43 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
33%
☆☆☆☆
39%
☆☆☆
6%
☆☆
6%
17%

Total votes: 18
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zi-O 23 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's Zi-O rating: 4.14 / 5 (14 votes)

Alt Title: Can we watch Kamen Rider Kikai's story instead?

Gotta, say Kikai's story sounds like it'd be a good standalone story. Even the weird Matrix-style "here's a nostalgic setting so you humans feel comfortable in your cages" is kind of neat.

The stuff going on with Zi-O isn't too bad either. Geiz is finally accepting that he cares about Sougo, while we get a surprise knife in the back from Tsukuyomi! This is kind of refreshing to see a girl in a Kamen Rider series be more than a benign support character. Jesus, it's been too long.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Zi-O 23 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

“Will be the king” Did Sougo write on it after that nightmare he had as kid??

2121 seems to be a nightmare. The filter gives off something peaceful yet subdued/defeated. Some humans have been replaced by alien robots. And there's the 3rd Futuring Rider.

Oh dear. Tsuku-chan has sided with Another Woz. Because of Sougo’s Phase 2, Tsuku has become desperate to stop Oma Day.

Interesting. The Jackers have no idea who spawned the MOTW but then Schwartz capitalizes on the MOTW’s existence and pulls off the wham shot of this episode.

If a parasitic entity like the MOTW is able to come around the main timeline without the help of the Jackers, it can be possible that the timelines could be in the process of being destroyed, like the final situation from Timeranger.

Hey now, Post-Production Crew. Lagging on the Ghost Armor’s Finish Time audio!

Kikaider references abound:
1- Rent’s clothing is similar to Jirou’s clothes.
2- His pose to charge up on solar energy is Jirou’s Switch On henshin pose.
3- Rent’s reliance on solar energy is similar to Kikaider 01’s need of it/why 01 can only fight during daytime.
4- Kikai’s Rider Kick has “The End” in its name.
5- A Humanoise human reduced to scrap parts is how DARK’s MOTWs end up after being destroyed in the original toku series.
6- Kikai going haywire is similar to Kikaider 00 and 01’s Brainwashed and Crazy phase during the endgame of the Kikaider anime.

Ora-chan, what happened? Do you need the order to control the chaos of your profession?? Knew you can’t deal with it. Eric Andre would be a better Time Jacker than any of you three.

Good episode.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

It's very suspicious that Black Woz didn't interact with anyone this episode.

It's about time that Sougo's adventures have begun to negatively affect his high school life.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

I seriously need kamen rider kikai to be it's own story. I don't feel like waiting 102 years for it either.
Jesus... I REAAALLY need 52 episodes of this dude.
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

During the first part of the episode, I kept saying (not out loud), "Would you just stop with the Kikaider references?" :P

I'm definitely in the minority here, but I actually didn't like Kikai's story that much. But that's probably because post-apocalyptic settings and robots and science fiction stuff is not really my thing.
Spoiler
Is this the start of Tsukuyomi's journey to become Kamen Rider Tsukuyomi?
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Is this the start of a face turn for Heure and Ora? (It makes zero sense to have two cute youngsters as villains in kids show without turning them heroes at some point.) Ora looked pretty mad at Schwartz's action. And, speaking of Schwartz, after this episode we need "Another Hansen" to tell Schwartz to take a seat right over there.

As for Tsukuyomi turning villain, she's more like a justified villain. She's given Sougo every chance to give up on being the Demon King, but Oma day is coming up and she is rapidly running out of options. Staying a wishy-washy heroine will only cause the dystopian future that she tried to prevent to occur. After all, even though Sougo says he wants to be a benevolent demon king, there is nothing in his actions or character that would indicate this. If the Timejackers hadn't shown up, Geiz and Tsukuyomi would have made this a two episode season ending with Tsukuyomi asking Sougo if he still wants to be the demon king, Sougo saying yes, and Giez and Tsukuyomi killing him.
KRMonkey
Go Go!
Quote: ...dynamic chop!
Type: INFP Healer

Post by KRMonkey »

I heart that you used the B:TAS Clock King image for this so! much!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

KRMonkey wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:39 pm I heart that you used the B:TAS Clock King image for this so! much!
I've been meaning to do the joke for a while. I even downloaded a pic that I wanted to use, but forgot, then couldn't find the pic. Not sure what happened to the full body pic that I wanted to use...

tldr: All hail the demon clock king.
Cross
Go Go!

Post by Cross »

hmm, i thought sougo only aspire to become the king so whether he fail the test or not graduating shouldnt be a bother for him at all isnt it?
and also in shinobi arc, he saw a future where the uncle still asks him about college yet he does not care lol
ryujin
Gabu
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Zero
Dreamy: Matsuyama Mary
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
My boom: PS4
Quote: R/B is just ORB without the O and Tiga is just Taiga without the A ... tabun :P
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by ryujin »

msf232 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:45 amI'm definitely in the minority here, but I actually didn't like Kikai's story that much. But that's probably because post-apocalyptic settings and robots and science fiction stuff is not really my thing.
Same here, Kikai's story seems pretty standard, it's almost like a take on "Attack on Titan" and the remaining humans are inside the wall.

i'm actually not digging the future Riders at all, on paper it seems cool but the execution is really lacking for me, they look so rushed, then again, they are only there to make time watches, and man, i don't like the belts at all, specially Kikai, and here i thought Question's belt was weird, imo, they all look so uninspired, if their characters are fleshed out a bit maybe they'll turn out to be cool, yet i don't see that happening.

Shinobi looks the most promising out of the 3, he's flashy, kids like flashy cool Riders.
KR Riddler/Question ability-wise is pretty laughable, he asks himself if he can beat a monster then the suit says "X" then it's curtains for him, well atleast the suit warns him.
Kikai runs out of power so easily, his "Kabuto-like Counter Kick" is the only thing i liked though.

I do hope Heure and Ora goes turncoat for a few episodes, at the very least it'll make things interesting with Tsuku currently on the heel side.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

Why do I get the feeling that even though they brought up the interesting question of who even created Another Kikai, they might not actually explain it at all next episode? This series does have a habit so far of just breaking it's rules and then brushing them off after all.

Anyhow, this was pretty cool. I also like Kikai's world and Another Kikai is a pretty interesting twist of an Another Rider. It's made of wood and twigs, the exact opposite of an advanced metal robot. I especially like how it has the year 2121 literally carved into it. That's all good because Kikai himself is very straightforward. He's a big, made of metal, and just punches and kicks all his problems into scrap metal. I think it's fine if he's not particularly flashy though, it suits him in a way.

That said, it was all the setting-up for the next episode that had me intrigued, and it was good set-up because I'm really excited to see what happens next time. Obviously some things are a given, like Woz will get a new form and be the one to deal the finishing blow, but I'm sure it's going to be a fun ride getting to that point.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

In Woz's opening narration, should it not be Geiz Revive, not Geiz Revival?
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh yeah, you're totally right. Sorry about that. Probably wont' do a v2 for that, but that sucks.
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

Hot damn things are heating up. Kikai's time just seems so...desolate? Hopeless? I've never seen Kikaider so I don't know if that's a normal thing. It's less than half an hour and yet they've told a rather compelling backstory. Also, Schwartz is an ass. Just saying.

Now onto a theory I've had ever since I heard of Kikai. This is the result of Oma Zi-o not coming to pass right? What if this convinces Sougo that Oma Zi-o is needed? Sure 2068 is a hellhole, but apparently without Oma Zi-o, humanity is boned in about 50 more years anyway. I really hope that they address that as it shows that no matter the timeline, Humanity is headed for destruction anyway.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

Kamen Rider Raven wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:16 am Now onto a theory I've had ever since I heard of Kikai. This is the result of Oma Zi-o not coming to pass right? What if this convinces Sougo that Oma Zi-o is needed? Sure 2068 is a hellhole, but apparently without Oma Zi-o, humanity is boned in about 50 more years anyway. I really hope that they address that as it shows that no matter the timeline, Humanity is headed for destruction anyway.
It would be neat if that happens, though I feel like it's more likely we're just meant to expect Kikai to solve all those problems within a year, like any rider 'season'.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”