KR Zi-O 23 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:43 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
33%
☆☆☆☆
39%
☆☆☆
6%
☆☆
6%
17%

Total votes: 18
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: KR Zi-O 23 released

Post by takenoko »

I literally know nothing about Kikaida. Is the alternate future story really set up this way in the original show?
Kamen Rider Raven wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:16 am Now onto a theory I've had ever since I heard of Kikai. This is the result of Oma Zi-o not coming to pass right? What if this convinces Sougo that Oma Zi-o is needed? Sure 2068 is a hellhole, but apparently without Oma Zi-o, humanity is boned in about 50 more years anyway. I really hope that they address that as it shows that no matter the timeline, Humanity is headed for destruction anyway.
Oh, that's a pretty good theory. Hope it pays off
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

takenoko wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:21 am I literally know nothing about Kikaida. Is the alternate future story really set up this way in the original show?
I watched the reboot movie, and it wasn't Kikai's story here.
Spoiler
A scientist creates Jirou, and his rival scientist transplants his brain onto a robot body and becomes Hakaider, and Jirou protects the scientist's daughter; something like this
No post-apocalyptic thingy
Pretty much sure that the original series also went along a story similar to this
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

BreadToku wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:20 am
Kamen Rider Raven wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:16 am Now onto a theory I've had ever since I heard of Kikai. This is the result of Oma Zi-o not coming to pass right? What if this convinces Sougo that Oma Zi-o is needed? Sure 2068 is a hellhole, but apparently without Oma Zi-o, humanity is boned in about 50 more years anyway. I really hope that they address that as it shows that no matter the timeline, Humanity is headed for destruction anyway.
It would be neat if that happens, though I feel like it's more likely we're just meant to expect Kikai to solve all those problems within a year, like any rider 'season'.
I have a feeling that's where they're going too, which rather bugs me. Namely because while Kikai could defeat the machines and all....humanity still looks like it's on the verge of extinction. "Yes, we know about the fact that humanity is screwed in 2121, but Kikai is there and Kamen Riders never lose! Even though they all lost to Oma Zi-O....Meh, details!"

Also...if Kikai IS expected to solve all those problems, I sure as heck want to see it.....
takenoko wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:21 am

Oh, that's a pretty good theory. Hope it pays off
You and me both. If not an out and out resolution then I would at least want it addressed somehow
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

Aeikozz wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:05 am I seriously need kamen rider kikai to be it's own story. I don't feel like waiting 102 years for it either.
Jesus... I REAAALLY need 52 episodes of this dude.
I want Shinobi and Quiz too but looks like they are going to be used one and done :(.... I just hoping for at least a SH Figuarts of Shinobi

Anyway good episode 4/5

It just was not enough but good build up. I really want to see what is going to happen next.
Final Vent!
PDA
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by PDA »

So...geiz and zio are enemies again besides dont know how and why they became friends again

Its cute geiz wanting zio become a graduated evil overlord...

In almost all episodes tsukiomi and geiz "switch sides" and this dont mean nothing...

Probably watch kikai history gonna be better than zio history, shinobi is also a option too

Anyways...i dont know what think about this season, plot is reaching new levels of bad or wtf in each episode...

We need 2face from batman becoming another geiz just for comic relief...
Eric
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Ex-Aid
Dreamy: Poppy Pipopapo
Favorite Actor?: Iijima Hiroki
Favorite Band: something else
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: music, cheese stuff
Quote: "Hello there." -Obi-Wan Kenobi

Post by Eric »

I really like how the 3rd rider from the future is (nice job Irie-san, when will ur last hurrah at toku now?), also HE'S A MACHINE, I can't refer that to Ichigou, he's also a machine (or a cyborg?), I mean really. Also I laughed too much on Sougo's test scene, and before his 3rd time dreaming again. Putting tapes on his eyelids, cartoon-ish way to put yourself from sleeping.

Can you guys explain what Another Kikai is? It's different from other Another Riders.
Discord: Eric the Gaming Guy#2407 | Deviantart | Tumblr

Watching: Zi-O, Saikyou Battle (Miniseries), Tokusatsu GAGAGA (Jdorama)
Completed: Gaim, ToQ, Ghost, Zyuoh, Ex-Aid, Kyuu, Build, Lupin VS Pat
kikaida
IXA
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Blade

Post by kikaida »

Aeikozz wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:05 am I seriously need kamen rider kikai to be it's own story. I don't feel like waiting 102 years for it either.
Jesus... I REAAALLY need 52 episodes of this dude.
Then you need to watch Kikaida.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_Kikaider
Last edited by kikaida on Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is no charge for awesomeness . . . or attractiveness." Po.
kikaida
IXA
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Blade

Post by kikaida »

In addition to what "TypicalStandUser" mentioned, we all know that Jingi Irie was Zamigo Delma in LuPat . . . and was also Jirou in Kikaider Reboot - mind blown -
"There is no charge for awesomeness . . . or attractiveness." Po.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Kikai has a nice design. It feels like the actor was in this episode more than the entirety of Lupin vs Pat.

Hopefully this strange another rider will get explained to be part of something important to the story.
Xivitai
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

Post by Xivitai »

Yeah, and I do not look forward to Geiz Revive's timeline too. I mean, White Woz says that there's a peace like time has stopped. Knowing White Woz, I do not find it reassuring at all.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Arigomi wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:41 pm It's about time that Sougo's adventures have begun to negatively affect his high school life.
I had completely forgotten he was supposed to be a high school student until now. There's really nothing about his major character attributes that heavily draws on him being a student.
Catastrophe wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:37 am Kikai has a nice design. It feels like the actor was in this episode more than the entirety of Lupin vs Pat.
I wouldn't have even guessed he was Zamigo if it wasn't mentioned here. And Zamigo's human actor got so little face time that by the end of this two parter, there's a legitimately good chance he'll have gotten more face time as Kikai than Zamigo. Not that I'm complaining; Kikai is a far more interesting character right off the bat.
Xivitai wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:42 am
Yeah, and I do not look forward to Geiz Revive's timeline too. I mean, White Woz says that there's a peace like time has stopped. Knowing White Woz, I do not find it reassuring at all.
We've held on to that theory for a while now, and for good reason: if White Woz's future really is all it's cracked up to be, then Sougo, wanting to do the right thing for "his" people, wouldn't fight for the Oma timeline, since he knows a very dark version is one possibility. So there has to be a problem with White Woz's future. And I suspect it may be even worse than what Kakai is seeing.
darkmage02
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
Dreamy: Miu from Fourze
Favorite Band: The GazettE
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: DIGIMON!
Quote: I devour your dreams as I watch you despair.

Post by darkmage02 »

Something bout Tsukuyomi turning heels bother me. It just seems so out of character for her. Yea, after seeing Zi-O II she may be more convinced that Sougo's getting closer to become Oma Zi-O but compared to Geiz, she has always been a friend to Sougo. She defended him from the start and always seem to be the voice of reason among the three, so for her to so quickly jump ship and decide to kill Sougo seems like lazy/bad writing to me. Other than that, the whole Kikai thing seems interesting. It's a shame we won't be getting more than two episodes.

If Zi-O II is really that strong as he's made out to be, then he shouldn't have any problem beating White Woz now. Here's to hoping the writers won't make Zi-O lose on purpose over some dumb reasons.
Complete. Start Up. 3. 2. 1. Time Out. Reformation.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”